By Alan Hawkins
I'm on pack build #9 now and surprisingly it will be my first GB1 pack with aluminum thrower and parts. This is a commission build for a friend (Please, I only do commissions for local people. If you want someone to build a pack please check this thread - http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 31&t=31764 ) Normally I build GB2 packs. They are less expensive and get a bit less scrutiny from the community. But my friend wanted a GB1 pack and had saved up to build a top notch one. This pack will feature -

GBfans Shell and motherboard
GBfans Lights
Nick-A-Tron GB1 pack mounts
Nick-A-Tron screen used bumper
Nick-A-Tron booster frame
Nick-A-Tron bellows
Vintage LC1 frame
V330 Creations full aluminum kit and thrower
Real Ratheon crank knob

The list goes on and on. First up getting the motherboard, Shell and Alice frame mated up -

Next up, electronic placement. My goal with this pack is to keep all the electronics on the motherboard. (actually it is always my goal, but I have never been totally successful at it.)

Next up I will paint the motherboard and take it to an event that Ernie Hudson will be at so he can sign it. More to come...
By robpenfold
Alan, I like how you are putting a switch, recharge port? and volume pot at the bottom by the speaker. I'm in the midst of doing the exact same thing.

I'll be watching this build with interest.
By Alex41
I mounted my potentiometer dead center bottom of my mother board. It's easy to get to but most people think I'm trying to scratch my ass when I go to turn it up. ;)

Great build start, can't wait to see more.
By thebigone2087
I am always intrigued with your builds. Surprised you didn't go with an XLR jack instead of all the switches coming out of the back of the motherboard...
By Alan Hawkins
I really looked hard at that part. But on the last build I did I put the volume control dead center bottom on the motherboard and learned that I didn't like reaching back that far to control the pack. I like the ease of this placement better. (Nothing against the part, it's a real beauty.) Plus once the pack is on, no one notices the switches. jmho :)
By Alan Hawkins
Sadly the wife is working this weekend so I am watching the kids. I will try to do some things when they nap ;)

Today I am back in my happy place. Where I do at least one thing a day and fiddle around. I think that is why I like this hobby. It lets me make things and space out. I started today by attaching some of the easier items. (Ignore the spengler hook, I'm still trying to get that to sit flat. :roll: ) But! These parts are definitely nice! Very happy with this whole set up.

Painted the motherboard and will start planing out the layout of the electronics this weekend. More later...
Kingpin liked this
By Alan Hawkins
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Hey Alan, any updates on this? Was really looking forward to it taking shape
It's getting there, I have most of the metal parts attached and Friday I cut out the N-Filter from the GBfans shell. (Not an easy task!)

Next I need to grind it down so the new aluminum N-Filter fits through. After that I will attache the last of the greebles and paint the shell. My gold is to have this in his hands for Halloween.

More to come. This week will have some more updates. ;)
By Hijacker
Looks great! I secured mine on the inside with fiberglass and then used a bit of filler to hide any gaps to the synch and cyclotron. I was gonna secure it with screws, but it's solid as is.
By Alan Hawkins
Life has been busy, but I am still plugging away at my two projects. Finally got the shell painted -

In the process of doing that I found two voids in the shell. Both just crumpled when I pressed in.

The other was on the foot. Some slight clean up and two part Loctite putty and I had this -

Problem solved and now on to what I call "Sputnik" -

That was a bit of a chore! But almost done with all the aluminum prep. Which is good since it's getting cold and spray paint doesn't do to great in cold weather...

More to come!
alphabeta001 liked this
By Hijacker
Freaking ribs. They are the bane of my existence when I pull a shell, lol. Thankfully, it's an easy fix after the fact. Your fix blends so well it's unnoticable. Seeing your ion arm is making me antsy to get mine from franchesky!
Alan Hawkins liked this
By Alan Hawkins
My wife is working this weekend so I am the sole parental unit in the house and as such can't do a whole lot of building. But I did decide to take inventory of the thrower.

Aluminum parts by Freeky Geeky and Vince.
Body by Vince.
TC's new grips!
Spongeface bezel

Should be a nice thrower...
alphabeta001 liked this
By Mat
Alan Hawkins wrote:
Sicilianguy692 wrote:Alan this is just to sexy....... But I can't stop looking.
You'll go blind...
It's so beauti-

OH GOD, I CAN'T SEE! I mean zxqfggghhoo osasttyroca!!1
Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]