By Gloomdrifter
Did multiple searches but didn't find anything about this other than as undercoating. I really dig the theme packs people have done and I know the videogame had a gold pack. I came across this company in the UK that makes spray on chrome kits. Not the usual spray can stuff. My thought is just chrome or gold what is typically black. Resistors, fittings, etc stay the same. What do you guys think, good bling or bad bling?
Here is a video on youtube of the chroming in action:

Last edited by Kingpin on September 10th, 2014, 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added Youtube code
By Kingpin
It's ultimately down to you and if you're happy with wearing a shiny gold Proton Pack.

It's not been done before as far as I've seen, so you'd have the fact you were the first on your side. :) You might have to think of an alternate treatment for the split-loom hoses, as the flexing of those would cause some paint to flake.
By Grimmy GB
Mat wrote:One thing to know about any kind of chrome (google aside); if there are any surface flaws, they will stand out like a sore thumb!
Yep...an untextured pack would be the route to go. At least it's not Hello Kitty themed *points at TC* :)
another way to do it would be to use vinyl wrap on the individual pieces... that would give a very smooth coat, eliminating any bumps or texture in the original shell pieces... and you can always strip it off and replace it if you got fed up with it or wanted a change :)
Ooh vinyl wrap, I like that idea. Removable and much cheaper incase it doesn't work out. I think I'll give that in gold a try since it should be more recognizable from the game. Thanks gents.
By methos2523
i've used it a few times for props, especially swords and poles, wrap chrome silver around it and it looks like real metal and has the real chrome shine to it... always better than paint or anything, as it's easy to replace and customise :D
    Hasbro Ghostbusters

Apparently there are rumours of another announce[…]

Doug Keithley/sponge face/Ghostlab42 made a excell[…]

Did it come out today? Ugh the art is so bad tho[…]