Everything looks amazing!!! Did you texture the shell, or was that part of the mold?
nick-a-tron wrote:Also got my Alice frame painted up and straps/pad added. No primer ;)
Funny, I've got some LC-2 frames and I was just thinking about it as you posted... no primer, but should it be sanded down first?
thebigone2087 wrote:Everything looks amazing!!! Did you texture the shell, or was that part of the mold?
I stippled some thickened acrylic paint onto the master before moulding to replicate the texture so its on every cast.

pyhasanon wrote:
nick-a-tron wrote:Also got my Alice frame painted up and straps/pad added. No primer ;)
Funny, I've got some LC-2 frames and I was just thinking about it as you posted... no primer, but should it be sanded down first?
I just gave it a good wash with soapy water, left to air dry then sprayed away.
alphabeta001 liked this
*looks at the thread hoping this accidentally slips into my shipping box*

Why oh why did you have to do this now?!? Amazing. I sound real "fan boy" right now but I don't care. You're skill is on another level Nick
This is absolutely fantastic! I LOVE seeing the professionals at work! I did the same thing with my Alice frame, no sanding, no primer, nothing. I was wondering if I did it wrong when the paint started to chip a little, but if that's how you did it I call it a win on my part. :D:P Seriously, though, Nick. This is an incredible looking pack. Can't wait to see where this goes!
Thanks again guys for the kind words :)

Had a bit of play about with the fuse label today. I always throught the labels on the semi-heroes were cheap paper/vinyl copies of the hero foil labels but after studying photos of the ray pack and #6 it seems as though these too had a clear film over the top, propably holding the red part of the labels to a light grey background. It really is a headscratcher trying to work out those things, but anyway, heres my attempt at getting a similar look....

Its a foil bobbamatt label with clear film layed over it then hit with some dullcoat. I then picked at the edges and added some glue and paint marks here and there.
alphabeta001, legend642 liked this
Looks fantastic Nick that's always been one of my favorite packs also being why I always use the FC2 Board for my builds and put number 5 on the circuit board in honor of it. I remember years ago when Roboprop did his GB2 build being new to pack building I thought he actually owned one of these packs. The uniqueness of the weathering and the way the Fullers Earth sticks to it has always been one of my favorite details. I could tell you'll be doing this pack justice Nick, great job sir!
Thank you Chris :) its been a pleasure so far and I really hope I can capture the screen used vibe. Its funny but ive actually been commissioned to build another volguus pack so ill be making two of these haha.

Right now im tweaking a few measurements (length of injectors for one) and pulling my hair out at my local printers trying to get accurate semi-hero labels made up.

One small thing this weekend thanks to you Chris was adding the wire twists to the loom. Its a detail im so happy to finally be able to replicate :)

legend642 liked this
Thanks guys!

Motherboard batch arrived today so spent tonight starting the mounting process. Sadly i didnt have any correct bolts to attach the L brackets so couldnt get the shell attached but did what I could.

alphabeta001 liked this
Nick, everything is looking great! My only critique would be I do not think that Volguus' pack had the Makita mount like the "RAY" pack on display at Sony. It looks like they had 1 makita battery attached to the ALICE frame.

Now saying that, would I change it? Not really. I like the Makita battery holder on the top of the motherboard and I feel if you had a Makita battery velcroed or whatever to the ALICE frame, it would be super uncomfortable.
Thanks Matt! Hmm interesting. I have often wonderd why the cables that run to the makita cup run to that tube on the frame instead (I dont think thats a battery, looks far too narrow and no silver label)....but IMO the battery plate/cups are still present on the volguus for two reasons...

1) I can just about make out the plates middle beam and bottom edge in the above photo.

2) in this shot we can see the bolts holding the battery rig to the motherboard...

Hi,

AWESOME Work Nick!!! I might be wrong but the Proton Pack on the (mburkit)Picture above and I've also seen it on the Sony Lobby Pack Pictures. They've got the L Brackets srewd on the Motherboard with Phillips Headscrews.

kind regards
Manuel
10-32??? I thought they were 1/4x20??? Ugh... my receipt is around here somewhere...
GBFANS Ghostlabs light kit

When you say you only have the proton pack light k[…]

I'm not familiar with this one (is it a model?) […]

Also somewhat related question...I don't see giz[…]

Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dol[…]