Thanks guys! Just waiting on the 10-32 bolts to show up then i can get the pack portion more or less wrapped up. Still need to visit my printers to get the PPD labels made up and find some of that damn dark blue rubbery hose for the PPD and injector. If anyone has any PLEASE let me know.
If you think of it as a competition then you've already lost ;)

Ok few more bits done over the last few days. Got the powercell lights installed, L-brackets bolted to the motherboard and the makita battery rig painted up.

alphabeta001, Sutton621 liked this
Thanks fellas, but please no tears, this is a manly build.....grrrr!!

Ok another part added tonight, got the makita rig bolted on and weathered. I'll be weathering the motherboard more when I can give it my full attention.

alphabeta001, Sutton621 liked this
What is the expanding foam about? That is a new one on me. I have seen several different pics of the packs (although I am limited on how much I have seen the Volguus pack, admittedly...) but I don't remember ever seeing that. Maybe I overlooked it?
It was a bit of a failed experiment which i might return to. The real semi-hero packs had the ion arm/booster tube, filler plug, vac tube/plate cast into the shell. As these parts are quite narrow, hand laying fibreglass inside would have been very difficult or even impossible (i can just about glass inside the ion arm, anything smaller would be a really messy job) so they filled these with 2 part expanding foam to support the interior instead. The famous photo of the opened semi-hero pack shows these areas filled with the foam thats overflown a little and has been cut down. I just filled my ion arm (glassed like the rest of the shell) with foam from a can just to see what it looked like....nothing like the real pack sadly.
Ahhhh! So their attempt to cut a few corners by casting the booster tube and ion arm might have backfired on them a bit when space got narrow? Interesting. Still a very cool addition to the pack, and a testament to the lengths you will go to replicate this. Every time I see it I get more and more excited for the finished product! :)

*Edit: Found it! I didn't realize that's what that was. I guess I thought that was the same yellow stuff seen in the cyclotron, but looking closer it is clearly the expanding foam. Looking back at that thread, you aren't going to melt Gumby for the end of the thrower, are you? :P
Hasbro Ghostbusters

I know very little about Five Nights at Freddy's […]

Doug Keithley/sponge face/Ghostlab42 made a excell[…]

Did it come out today? Ugh the art is so bad tho[…]