Been wondering the same thing for my build, Nick.

I reckon it'd be a shame to go full-on Volguus, seeing as though your pack isn't weathered to that point (badly repaired HGA, split bumper, etc.). Also, if you go screen-used, remember - you can always add more weathering if you aren't happy, but it's not as easy to take it back. I think by the nature of the semi-heroes and their 'rough casting' look, they're already fairly weathered anyway.

Finally bought and watched the GB2 blu ray for reference, and i think i've got a pretty good idea of where i want to go with my build.

I was trying to identify each pack so that i can at least go semi screen accurate instead of just idealising one, and i think (i might be wrong here) there are four semi-heroes.

As everyone knows, the packs are messed around with throughout the film. For example, the two 'red HGA' packs have barely-painted ion arms at the party scene, and are painted again by the 'Vigo photo shoot' scene. I prefer the red HGA label to the black cast-in ones, and thankfully there are two semi-heroes with red labels (one of those packs also had the trigger box dry rubs). I also like the look of the red HGA tubing going over the vacuum line, and luckily only one 'red HGA' pack has this. Unfortunately, this is the pack that doesn't have any trigger box dry rubs, so that might be the only liberty i take.

From what i can tell, there are no other differences between the semi-hero throwers. They all have the same labels (silver 'DANGER HIGH VOLTAGE 1KV...' in between side discs, bargraph dry rub, red arrow by top knob, dry rubs on two gun box switches, and a red dry rub diagram on the left hand side to the left of the side discs), except, depending on the point in the film, some are missing the 'ACTIVATE' and 'INTENSIFY' dry rubs.
Thanks for all there input guys. Ive decided to make the gun "Just after filming" which means it'll have some of the traits seen in Sean's photos without the melted front and missing tube etc.

Here's how she's looking after a lick of paint and a few grebes added. Still needs weathering etc etc...
Last edited by Kingpin on February 5th, 2015, 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed forum stretching
alphabeta001 liked this
Not had much thought on gun electronics TBH, think I'm just gunna go real simple (only one light needs to flash, the rest are static).

Ok few more bits done on the gun, added the dry rubs and gave them a light weathering. Also got the wood dowel inserted into the handle so the loom could be attached. The resin banjo tips are just stand ins until I can get some real ones.

Here's how she's looking....

NickoRay, pmcbryde, noslliT liked this
The journey from commonplace to Ecto-75.

Whole car is great but the pack trolly...how?

Proton Props???

If anyone here is still pondering ordering from th[…]

I haven't done the new update to the Spirits Unlea[…]

I ended up grabbing one of the 84 wands just t[…]