By Lundo12
FINALLY started my pack. It was a long and grueling process of sourcing the parts I wanted and then funding them. It happened, I have them, and now im attempting not to ruin all these amazing parts and real items in the process. I have the next 2 weeks off, minus the weekends sadly, and I'm going to have a TON of questions I'm sure. Luckily most questions have been answered in the dozen plus threads i have book marked. With that said...

Here is what I have so far. (I'll have a LOT more pictures and progress over the next 48 hours.)

And my only real concern so far has been mounting the booster tube. It wants to torque (maybe rotate is a better word) to the right, making this gap appear on the left. My drilling wasn't all that great and im sure thats why, any advice is appreciated. I'm not too worried as i'll have to apply a fake weld anyway.

Second concern is attaching the booster frame. I cant hide a bad alignment if i mess that one up. Techniques for drilling tapping or just plain or attaching it some other way, would be appreciated as well.

Parts list.

Vincezo330
Shell + motherboard and mounting
Thrower body and handles (Vince is making my thrower. I decided I didn't want to chance it with all the awesome parts I bought)

JoeLuna33
Aluminum pack labels
Straight legris

SpongFace
GB:TVG cyclotron kit
E-Cig upgrade board

Gekx
Full Screw set

Umoribawar
Bango tips and screws
Front and rear cylinders
Barrel extension lever
S hook plus mount

Aceblackbelt
Power cell and cyclotron lenses

Wiz-GB008
Bumper V2
Booster Frame

Franchesky
Injector tube
Ion arm
Ion rod
Booster tube
HGA
Locking split less loom system
Gun track
Wand knobs
Wand regulator knobs
Trigger tip assembly

GBFans shop
Soundboard
Pack lights
Crank generator
Ribbon cable
Cable clamp
Heatsink
Clipards
Tubes, all sizes and colors
Hat lights and hat light sockets
Alice frame
Gun grips
Metal bellow
Vinyl pack labels
All other pieces not mentioned as well.
Last edited by Lundo12 on October 29th, 2014, 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Congratulations on starting your pack! Looking forward to seeing your progress.
Lundo12 wrote:And my only real concern so far has been mounting the booster tube. It wants to torque (maybe rotate is a better word) to the right, making this gap appear on the left. My drilling wasn't all that great and im sure thats why, any advice is appreciated. I'm not too worried as i'll have to apply a fake weld anyway.
Plug the end of the Booster Tube with wood then secure it to the shell with a lag screw. Check out page 4 of my build for details.

By momeraths24
Have you already installed the booster tube and frame? If not, I always used double sided tape to hold these parts in place. This way you will reduce the chances of installing the parts crooked.

Happy building.

Franchesky
By Lundo12
momeraths24 wrote:Have you already installed the booster tube and frame? If not, I always used double sided tape to hold these parts in place. This way you will reduce the chances of installing the parts crooked.

Happy building.

Franchesky
The tube yes I have. I can mend the wounds I made with a fake weld, ribbon cable and tightening the screws in alternating patterns to mitigate the torque.

The booster Frame has me at a loss though. I can't come up with a way to have it go on straight. Should I tape the frame to the booster and clamp them down then drill press through both at once?
By momeraths24
I also use high strength double sided tape when making the holes to install booster frames in order to keep it straight.

Install the booster frame with the tape on, make the hole for the top section, take the booster frame off, tap the booster tube, clean and sand that section until it's nice and smooth. Then change the tape with new one, put the booster frame back on install the top screw till its tight, then repeat the same steps to the lower section of the booster frame.

I have done many booster frames installation like this and never had an issues. If you are not 100% sure, practice on a PVC pipe first.

I hope this helps.

Franchesky
DeadRoach liked this
By Zeke
jackdoud wrote:Don't worry about the gap, once the ribbon cable is on you won't notice it unless you look for it.
thebigone2087 wrote:you could always hide the gap with a small 'fake' weld.
I've been working on my first pack lately and I've discovered that both of these statement are very true.
By Lundo12
PssdffJay wrote:I did post in my build how I mounted the frame. The link is in my signature. I'm on my phone or I would link to the post.
Thanks! this will help a ton! I'll need to invest in a center punch before trying attempting the booster frame then. I also used your method for the bumper. (pics tomorrow)
By Mat
I used a different method; If you have a piece of angle laying around, to get the frame straight mark your center point, lay the booster tube in the angle and draw a center line.

Then you just find your height, drill and tap one hole; stick one bolt in, drill and tap the other hole and bolt that in.

By Lundo12
PssdffJay and Mat!!! Thank you guys so much for the input and advice. I can't believe how well, damn near perfect even, mounting the booster and booster frame came out with your help (If it looks off a little, its the pics). Next up is the step is mounting the PPD!

PssdffJay I also used your bumper install steps to do mine. Again, worked amazingly well.

Everything is looking amazing!! Well done on the booster mounting. Probably the hardest part of it all :-)
By Lundo12
Big, huge, MASSIVE, update! Some would even say of Biblical proportions.

First up was removing all the parts from the shell and painting them.

This is what I used to paint them after priming with 2 coats. The primer ate 2 whole coats before I got even, none splotchy coats.

Next was tapping and priming the shell.

Painting time! I dont remember who said to use this truck bed coating BUT IT IS FREAKING EPIC.

Here is where I sit hours later.

Thanks for all the help thus far
Finally done. Last minor thing is to get some velcro and do some cable managing and drill a hole for Jimfin's push button for the ecig kit (totally forgot to do that >< was way too excited to put it all together.

The thrower is my 2 year old one from my last pack and it'll be what I use until Vince finishes my new one.

More pics and a vid once my brother comes over and i can leach his DSLR and flash umbrella thing-a-ma-bobs.
alphabeta001 liked this
    Greetings

http://i.imgur.com/1kB7fOZ.jpg

I love that people are still making these packs. I[…]

For the legacy shell, what aspects are damage that[…]

At the moment my interest would be what sorts fo[…]