By Zeke
How is the ribbon cable attached to it's metal clamps? The parts page says the following: "...the end of the Ribbon Cable sandwiched between them."

But the picture makes it hard to believe that the bolts aren't going through the ribbon cable itself:
By bishopdonmiguel
Venkman's Swagger wrote:I've not started my build yet but I'm lead to believe that the ribbon cable is indeed punctured by the 2 bolts.
Correct!
By Zeke
Thanks to everyone for their responses.

I have an additional question: taking that information I installed the ribbon cable (it's the GB2 version) and I'm curious if there is a trick to making it more flexible because my god I swear that after zig zagging it left from the Cyclotron and then right through the clamp and over the booster tube and then twisting it and driving it down almost 90 degrees through the pack it's tighter then a steel spring and feels like it would like nothing better then to find a weak point and rip itself free.
Zeke wrote:
I have an additional question: taking that information I installed the ribbon cable (it's the GB2 version) and I'm curious if there is a trick to making it more flexible because my god I swear that after zig zagging it left from the Cyclotron and then right through the clamp and over the booster tube and then twisting it and driving it down almost 90 degrees through the pack it's tighter then a steel spring and feels like it would like nothing better then to find a weak point and rip itself free.
The Spectra strip ribbon cable shouldn't be that tough to work with (nothing like the GB1 cable). How tight are you trying to twist it?

By abaka
PssdffJay wrote:Heat gun?

Would be bit risky, might melt the laminate...What I do is twist it repeatedly and sit it in front of a window (on a warm day) the heat through the window softens it a bit.
abaka wrote:
PssdffJay wrote:Heat gun?

Would be bit risky, might melt the laminate...What I do is twist it repeatedly and sit it in front of a window (on a warm day) the heat through the window softens it a bit.
I have the GB2 cable from the GBFans store. It was fairly rigid when I got it so have been working it to the position I want it to roughly go in for a few days and its easy to manipulate now.

Just keep moving it around curling it, bending it and it loosen up nicely

For the legacy shell, what aspects are damage that[…]

Greetings

Welcome aboard, Samson! :)

At the moment my interest would be what sorts fo[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

I know very little about Five Nights at Freddy's […]