I am a newbie here..."long time GB fan, first time listener". ;)
About a month ago, I was contemplating building a GB costume complete with Proton pack...Halloween was my excuse, but I have wanted one forever. I looked online and saw a youtube video where a guy built one from electric boxes and stuff...looked super easy and turned out pretty good. I thought, "I can totally do that in a weekend!!!"

Then...I discovered this site with tons of pics and detailed plans, etc.
You guys ruined my life!;)
What started out as a simple build became a monster! I couldn't be happy with electric boxes after seeing all your packs!!!! I now needed mine to be at least fairly accurate!!!!!

And thus began my journey in my custom build. I opted to use a combo of foam, styrene, and misc. My home is a wreck, I have spent a ton of time and money, my hands are covered in paint...and after working on it for a few hours a day over a month...I am still not quite done. However...the end is in sight and I think I only have a few days left! Just in time for Halloween!!!! Hooray!!!

Here are some photos from my journey so far:
First step was building the main proton pack parts...I opted for foam, because I wanted to practice working with it.

I failed to take many pics of the rest, but here is where I am currently at with the pack...
The bumper was a pain...but I think it turned out pretty good.
The gun mount box is not done yet, that is just a cardboard box I put in place for my reference.

Next, the gun...out of styrene.
Was pretty happy that I was able to get the curve in there...this was my first time working with styrene.
I just finished that gun parts and painted it earlier today!

I may have been distracted and built a Ghost Trap along the way...but I guess that should eventually get it's own thread?

Anyway...thanks to this great community for all the helpful tips and info! I will update with more in the next few days.
I have most of my uniform together as well...I am not sure if I should keep everything in one thread or if they should be broken up. Thoughts?
I do also want to say that I in no way mean anything against those that have electric box packs. I am just saying that seeing the detailed packs and plans on here made me want to push myself to create something that is closer to screen accurate. :)
Alan Hawkins liked this
So far props wise, just the trap and some stuff for the belt.
I made a holster for the trap.
And a fake walkie and walkie holster.
The walkie is just a plastic walkie replacement front off ebay for like $8 backed with some foam. Super light weight! :)

I think my favorite part of my belt setup is my mood slime container. ;)
Just painted up a screw container from Home depot, added some pink bath wash/soap mix, made a custom label. (If anyone wants the label file, I will be happy to share)

I will post photos/video of my trap soon...complete with e-cig smoking effect! :)
Just finished wiring and distressing my gun...I am WAAAAY TOO EXCITED! Now to finish the pack! Still so much to be done, but the end is in sight!
As you can see, my buttons and light covers are not 100% accurate. I decided to just make due with what I could find instead of ordering anything. The light/sound kit is from here, and I did cheat and order the tubes I would need while I was at it, just to save me from hunting for them.
Overall, I am super happy with how this is turning out! Been wasting way too much time just staring at it! :)
Grimmy GB wrote:WOW! Glad to have you aboard with talents like these!
EVA foam...the best prop foam ever. Period. The end.
Agreed! After spending this time learning to use both EVA Foam and Styrene, I now feel like I could build pretty much anything!
Dremen wrote:I would love to have the slime label if you don't mind! I've been meaning to do some up for my slime bottles.
Here you go.
Sorry that I didn't make them in color. I used my b&w only Laser Printer to print these, so I didn't bother. I may remake some color ones at a later date.

Slime Stickers:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/893 ... ickers.pdf
jason407 wrote:
Dremen wrote:I would love to have the slime label if you don't mind! I've been meaning to do some up for my slime bottles.
Here you go.
Sorry that I didn't make them in color. I used my b&w only Laser Printer to print these, so I didn't bother. I may remake some color ones at a later date.

Slime Stickers:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/893 ... ickers.pdf
Thanks man! Really appreciated!
Great work amigo.
Bam!!!!! Painted & assembled!
Just need to mount the bumper/shock and figure out how to attach it to the frame!
This might be the coolest thing I have ever done! ;)
I made a few mistakes along the way, and it is in no way 100% accurate...but it turned out better than I had hoped. Thanks mostly to all the great posts/resources available here!
Thanks guys! I'm really happy (in case I haven't mentioned) with it!
Here it is with the bumper I made.
Alan Hawkins, Grimmy GB liked this
Here is a quick video of the finished pack.
Note: I made this to show my buddy, so please excuse my cheesy dialog. ;)
https://vimeo.com/110228490
Thanks!
Just got back from a party and from braving the crowd in Downtown Orlando...it was CRAZY! I am glad my pack is somewhat durable...definitely not going to that crowded of a spot with it on next time! Saw one other pack'd GB...was it one of you guys?
Also saw a few inflatable proton packs. :)
Hasbro Ghostbusters

It could have been more accurate (barrel and[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]