Thank You mate. Really means a lot that you like what I'm doing with my build. Comments like this make me work even harder to achieve my goals.
Grimmy GB liked this
Everything looks most excellent!
Radical Gordon wrote:Looking great, I really like the finish on the shock mount. Sounds like the effect was hard work but definitely worth it.
Thank you RG. The finish definitely came out better than I could have hoped for. Nick was awesome for sharing how he did it
By Venkman's Swagger
Small Update...........

Crank Gen/Gearbox Label added..........

Nick sent me a fair few Crank Gen labels that are SemiHero accurate. They are perfect in colour and size and really easy to work with. I wanted them to resemble the Sony Lobby/Stantz pack (of course) and noticed that they this particular label was dirty/grimey. The pictures Bishopdonmiguel took in his build thread were fantastic and really highlighted the dirt and grime. Thank You for sharing those amazing pictures Bish, I have used them throughout this build. I was very tempted to follow Nick-a-tron's way of weathering his Crank Gen label where he used Dirty Down and made it look amazing but instead I chose to stick to something I had worked with before. I laid down a layer of Testors Dullcote, left it to dry and then used a shade brush to add Citadel Games Workshop Seraphim Sepia across the label. I loaded the brush and let drips form on the label before spreading the was across the label, leaving some drips to add more dirt/grime. Once the Sepia wash had dried I put on another layer of Testors Dullcote to protect the label and wash a little.

Dried label before adding it to Stantz

Label Added. I think it really ties in well with what I'm trying to achieve

Hope to have more updates soon
By bishopdonmiguel
Very glad to hear those lobby pics are helping you out. Makes the effort to post well worth it.
bishopdonmiguel wrote:Very glad to hear those lobby pics are helping you out. Makes the effort to post well worth it.
Can't thank you enough Bish. They are a treasure trove of detail. Thanks for taking the time to post them. I really appreciate it
By Venkman's Swagger
After what has been the biggest Christmas rush for mine and Mrs VS' business, I have finally had time to do a little work on Stantz. As has been said before it is my 30th soon and it is going to be GB themed and Stantz will be the centrepiece so its a race against time to get him finished. With the cold temperatures here in the UK playing havoc with the ability to Fibreglass, it is safe to say that a Fibreglass thrower wouldnt be here in time so i spoke to Nick-a-tron who was beyond awesome and sent me a hero thrower kit with the rest of my SH stuff. later on in the year I will be changing the Hero Thrower to a more accurate Fibreglass Thrower when the temparatures allow. Thanks Nick for making this possible, within a few days of having the conversation, the parts wer delivered. Amazing service!!!

So time for the updates.........

As time is tight this will literally be a "Where i'm at thread". So............... This is where I'm at

Shell complete minus Fullers Earth Weathering.

#2 added

Makita Battery kit dry fit. The previous makita bracket i had was much too big hence the first markings. After speaking with Nick he again hooked me up with the sweet bracket pictured here.

I have also got my speaker holes drilled out but didnt think they were worth capturing lol.

Getting closer by the day, the clock is ticking, hopefully I'll do it for my 30th party.
alphabeta001 liked this
Your pack is a real beauty.
So after not feeling as bad as I thought I would after NY I did a little more work. I primed and painted the Makita kit. I added Tamiya Silver Leaf to simulate the real Makita labels. I think it came out pretty well. I was going to get some made but I couldn't get any good hi res pics of the labels. The Velcro is 50mm wide industrial strength. 1 side is self adhesive and the other is just standard Velcro. In the PIC you can see my CCTV camera battery which was suggested to me by Rays_Occult. Thanks man

I also got my internal electronics and soundboard mounted. I bought the full GBFans kit back in June and as you all know by now, this kit rocks!! Simple to put together and packs 1 hell of a punch. I'll take pics of my shell interior when time allows.

You can also see I've started work on my hero thrower. Its just roughly dryfitted at the moment. The front handle needs some attention but its coming along OK. I snapped a fin or 2 on my heatsink so I had to buy another from Nick which will hopefully be here soon.

Over the next few days I'm hoping to get my LC2 painted, frame foam added and Thrower parts primed.

2 weeks to go and counting!!
alphabeta001 liked this

I've ordered one of these for a friend to use off […]

GB News is calling the Pink Camo Tint the last m[…]

Sugarland Express.Very early Spielberg movie,it's […]

Also probably different release dates. USA[…]