By Cadger
This is going to be a very cool pack! And you can only imagine how nice this will naturally weather after a a couple of yers of heavy duty usage.
By OCP_Model-001
Thanks for the great comments! Will keep me going for another few weeks :) The weight is 2.8 kg, not bad. Feels lighter than that though. The booster tube added a fair lump of weight on it's own :-?
By Mat
That's not bad at all! The alice pack helps to distribute the weight; if you use "super straps," they have a sternum strap which takes a lot of weight off the shoulders, although the waist belt does take a fair amount of the load as well. :mrgreen:

I like the way you've done the ppd; it looks awesome with the hose fitting sunk down inside!
By OCP_Model-001
Thanks Mat, yes im very happy with how the ppd turned out, got the lads on the saw to cut the 45 angle, then my colleague on the mill to give that nice machined finish. Then onto the lathe with a 10mm slot drill to give me nice center hole with a flat bottom & just drill & tap m5 for the hose barb. The spilt loom fits really nice, and sits straight up which looks much better.

:)
By OCP_Model-001
I'm guessing 10/32 is what's in the barb? Honestly it was luck, I had the barb left over from my old build, matched it to an m5 tap & it was close enough, screws in nicely, although we do have imperial taps on hand too :)
By OCP_Model-001
Update, been working on the cyclotron and syn gen thingy, plenty of work in that!

Pics:

Might need to put the cyclo back on the lathe and grind it a bit rounder? What do you think guys?
Last edited by OCP_Model-001 on October 5th, 2017, 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
By PssdffJay
Stefan's plans show a 9.5mm radius. It looks good, but if your going extreme a accuracy, i'd try and measure. Can you not just put a straight edge on the level and a straight edge on the plumb and then see? The photo is a little hard to tell.
By OCP_Model-001
Thanks grim, glad your enjoying the thread, I enjoyed your build ;) Jay, I will try something tomorrow, I'm not going for rivet counting accuracy, more what looks right really so just wanted a second opinion, it's hard to get a decent pic to compare it to a screen pack or a good shell though so if you have any photos of a shell side on tot show the radius hat would be great ;)
By OCP_Model-001
Thanks Jay, looking at the edge of yours i think i will grind it a little more, even though i have measured the rad at around 10mm this morning, still looks a tad sharper than most shells i have seen.
By OCP_Model-001
More stuff done yesterday, thanks to Nickatron for the dimensions of the cyclotron washers..

Starting with a clean sheet, marked center using the height gauge..

Center dot punched, then marked out the outer diameter..

Luckily we have the exact size punch i needed, saved alot of hassle..

Cut out and shaped to taste..

Happy with how they turned out, will fix them in place later on, hopefully i can punch the holes in the cyclotron to match, prob should have done that before i got the side welded up, doh!
Last edited by OCP_Model-001 on October 5th, 2017, 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
alphabeta001 liked this
By galeap
Hi OCP. Your build continues to come together looking ok.

I've been out of action on my build for a while because of hot weather and work comitments, but I'm about to start back up on it again now its a bit cooler.

Out of curiosity what was the dimensions of the cyclotron washers you went with? This was one area in my research in the various threads that showed up a few different beliefs. And i haven't settled on a final size yet.

Pete
By OCP_Model-001
Thanks Pete, 62.5 outer dia for the top 2, 57mm for the bottom 2, all 4 have 32mm ID. These are dims i got from nickatron and im pleased with how they look, i got tired of looking at all the threads about this stuff ;)
By pyhasanon
My God, this is immaculate! How I wish I had these skills... however, my back would hate me so much if I tried... It already complains with my current Hero Pack, and I don't even have an aluminum wand on it yet... Ugh...

So looking forward to seeing this build to completion! Great job so far!
By OCP_Model-001
Thanks all! CPU - yes the hole punch is so clean you cant beat it, using the backside of the plate means you get a lovely clean edge too. Nick, i honestly think a metal bumper is just asking for trouble, so no i will be ordering one of your nice resin ones i would say ;)

About the spacing for the washers, are stefans plans ok to use? Need to make sure before i measure and punch that bad boy ;)
By PssdffJay
I can't say if the plans are up to date on that or not. What about making the N Filter now and see about placement with the N Filter compared to the washers. Might be easier then having to fix it if it wasn't. Its not fiberglass.

Going on what you've done so far, I'd love to see you try an aluminum bumper. I bet you could pull it off and it would go so well together!
By OCP_Model-001
Good thinking boys, will have to get some stock in for the nfilter, so will leave the holes until thats complete & see how it looks then ;)
nick-a-tron liked this
By OCP_Model-001
Small update, finished off the cyclotron ring thing, there are a few gaps around the edges, but i will fill these is prior to painting, pretty happy with it overall, holes will be sorted later on but it's finished for now..

Need to finish off the sync generator next, needs a bit of work before im happy with it, thanks for looking ;)
Last edited by OCP_Model-001 on October 5th, 2017, 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Mat
Grimmy GB wrote:
nick-a-tron wrote:Siiiigh, so beautiful. How do you fill the gaps?
With love, Nick...with love.
And nothing says love like copious amounts of tig rod! :-D

Looking awesome so far!
The Video Game Lifegard

Chris Hunt in the Facebook Group 3D Printed Ghostb[…]

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]