By GBfan77
Are you one of those who looks at your Pack and think "Close enough." or are you one of those who go "OH MY GOD! THE PDA ASSEMBLY IS OF BY 0.0000000006th OF AN INCH! MY PACK IS RUINED!!"

Okay, I hope NOBODY is that obsessed. But how much do you fret over the detail work and such? When do you look at what you've made and are satisfied by what you've put together?
I try to get it as close as I can within the time / budget / skill I have.
I'm always working on or tweaking something but if I can look at an image of the pack then look at mine and it looks right, that's good enough for me. I don't use digital calipers or need the exact vintage part to bee happy.
I respect and admire people who are incredibly, impossibly detailed. Like the guys who make the interior of the pack look like the ones on screen.
Have you visited my thread yet? I don't appreciate being made fun of :P
Actually, there are some aspects that I feel HAVE to be dead on and others that should be to one's liking.
LT86 liked this
Obsess? What ever do you mean? ::straightens all crooked pencils on desk so they face the exact same way::

Well, personally I think it's all depended on how accurate the builder wants the pack to look.

Recently I drilled, filled and re-drilled a screw hole for the hose that goes into the crank generator.

It really bugged me how on my first drill the hose ended up being askew. I let it go at first BUT when I stood back and looked at the pack it was all my eyes went to.
Well, I would like my pack to be as accurate as possible, but budget/time frame made me go for visually close enough and a mix of GB1 n GB2. Still upgrading, to make it a lil closer to mainly GB1. I'm happy enough with it right now though, because at some point I'd like to do a GB1 hero, and turn my current pack into a charity themed pack.... but future funds will dictate that....
What is considered "Accurate" for one pack may not be for another. You have to take into consideration that there were 5 Hero packs in GB1 and they all had their own details that differed from the others. They are minor but what is accurate on pack #2 may not be on #3. I try to get the most accurate parts and then assemble them according to reference pictures of the packs I like. I have no issue mixing assembly styles between Hero packs.
LT86 liked this
venkman30 wrote:With my lack of sight close enough is good enough for me.
Seems like we are in the same boat. My eyesight isn't so good either. I've also been cursed with the inability to cut straight. Line it up perfectly, draw the line in the wood with a ruler and STILL won't come out straight.
By Mat
With any project that I've ever worked on, I'm notoriously bad for obsessing over things that aren't even major. I never seem to see an object that I build as a whole and tend to fixate on things that I could have done better.

https://i.imgur.com/cMwtW9y.jpg Where do th[…]

Ecto Containment Unit

Hey sorry I never saw this…it’s just […]

Greetings from Montana

Hey and welcome

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]