Hello all! I'm a bit late in starting this build thread(only 4 days), but I just couldn't wait to get started! This is my first ever build of any kind and I decided to go with kit from the wonderfully talented Nick-a-tron props. Seriously go check out his work if you haven't already! My plan with this pack is for it to look like a brand new issue pack, so no weathering, no damage(chips, scratches etc). I welcome any comments, ideas, suggestions, and criticism.
made a template to mount the injector tubes

D'oh!! and this is what I get for not drilling slowly and with shitty drill bits
I'll fix this later

mounted the ribbon cable(temp for layout), got the HGA mounted with fittings, and set up the bumper and shock mount to see how it would look.

drilled the holes for the red and blue tubes that come from the injector tubes

got the v-hook mounted
used some milliput to fill the the chips

the ion arm doesn't sit flush against the shell, so I put a layer of milliput around the base to later sand down to make it sit right. I still need to figure out how I am going to mount it

let the stuff cure overnight and sanded it smooth

mounted a wooden dowl(sorry for my crude work) I believe i saw Grimmy do this for his so I borrowed the idea.

got the elbow fitting remounted. I'll use some hot glue or epoxy on the backside once everything is painted and completed
so the aluminum mobo i got just won't fit to Nick's shell. Bummer, but that's what I get for jumping the gun I guess. (anyone have need for an aluminum mobo that is cut to Stefans plans?
After doing some research and at the advice of some fellow pack builders, I decided I would make one out of MDF.
I just have to cut it out.

Cut out the hole for the n-filter
cut it a bit too wide at the base

filled the the gaps with milliput

and that catches everyone up to where I am right now. Just gotta let that stuff set up overnight and I'll be back at it over the weekend!
GREAT start! Nick's work is amazing, you bought a phenomenal kit. Everything is looking great so far, and we are ALL guilty of drilling too fast and chipping away the fiberglass... I did it a ton. Keep it up!
Good start mate. Really ploughing ahead with it. I back up what BigOne says with regards to drilling. If you can find some step drill bits then they'll help with any chipping if you drill slow and backwards.
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

I decided to epoxy the ion arm to the shell so I did that and mounted the bumper

after the epoxy set up I filled in the remaining gaps with more milliput

had to do the same thing to the booster tube I got off ebay...or evilbay as some of you guys put it haha
alphabeta001 liked this
decided to start work on the thrower. started by sanding down the front knub so that the barrel will fit

cut out the slots for the vent light

mocked up the handles

mounted the v-hook to the base plate

and this is everything to date. the crappy weather here in Chicago put a hold on some of the stuff I wanted to get done this weekend
Hi jason! Just letting you know the gun track V hook isn't meant to have that plate under it, that plate i believe is to go inside the shell to support the male section of the hook.

Also different packs had different coloured tube under the beam line loom, all depends which pack you're replicating :)
after looking at several builds and seeing how other people have mounted the pack's split loom, I decided to run a clear tube tube through the loom and then use a clamp to hold it to the mobo. I know it's not screen accurate, or the best way to do it, but I think it works.

and on the thrower side, I went with a screw through the rear handle that threads into the clear tube that ran through the loom
I also then had to notch out the grip to allow for the screw
time to start working on the electronics(from Crix) and this is what I came up with for the powercell lights

I had some spare car speakers laying around so I took one of them for the pack and got it mounted

took some figuring out, but got the layout for the amp, soundboard and 3V battery pack for sound board. I decided to mount everything to some hobby perf board I found at Radioshack. It's oddly shaped to allow space for the pack loom mount on the mobo

everything, except for the 12V battery, is mounted in place

Good afternoon ghostheads! Just wanted to take a […]

Mega Deluxe Ghost Trap Build

Here is a video of the trap pedal with working l[…]

I recall reading something, and I think it was pos[…]

So with FE having been out I can finally post so[…]