By TheKevinShow
I'm still considering my frame options and I was just about to purchase four Rothco ALICE frames on eBay before I was informed that Rothco's quality is suspect. My budget is constrained and I'm building for two packs and two blowers, and I've found a combination of MOLLE frames/straps that aren't a terribly high amount more than the ALICE frames I would have bought. Unfortunately, all of the military surplus stores around here have genuine ALICE frames for at least $80 each. The MOLLE combo would cost me more than $100 less than going for four of those ALICE frames.

So, my question to you is this: how would you guys rate the viability of the MOLLE system for proton packs and slime blowers?
By LandoSystem
I'm not familiar with the molle frames. Are they just a different brand of the ALICE frames?

I've used genuine GI surplus frames and Rothco frames. The GI frames are a lot nicer. Rothcos feel bouncy or like you can easily bend them with your hands. I've also had a Rothco shoulder strap fail and I destroyed my pack (though it was apparently dry rotted or otherwise weakened by something).

$80 is way too much for frames. Finding GI surplus online can be tricky because sellers don't seem interested in how they look and consider broken, taped up frames "good shape."

I'm not sure if the gbfans store sells Rothco frames or not. Maybe send AJ a PM.
By LandoSystem
I don't think they would really work. Bolting the pack to the plastic frames may cause the plastic to crack and it may not support the weight of a pack mounted that way. Plus it would be inaccurate and you'd have desert camo straps.
I just found several auctions and a few buy it now listings for genuine frames at roughly that price.
By TheKevinShow
A few things: I won't be using a standard mobo and since my packs aren't hollow like the shells, I'll likely be using a different method to attach them to the frames. Also, as I'm not going for movie accuracy (any chance of that sailed away a LONG time ago) I kind of like the thought of the DCU straps. They look pretty cool.

I'm building these packs for fun. I'm not going to quibble over details like the strap colors. I just want to know if the frames can be used.
By LandoSystem
So if you have equipment that's constructed differently from everyone else, you're attaching them differently than everyone else and you aren't interested in achieving the look everyone else has, why are you asking us? How are we supposed to know?
Buy one and try it out, I guess.
evallded liked this
By TheKevinShow
Well, I'm hoping that someone here has experience with using the MOLLE frame and might know. Look, my packs aren't going to be some monstrosity that looks completely different from the real deal. I'm building them from mostly foam boards, so they aren't hollow like the shells, and I'll likely be cutting my own mobos using plywood. The differences are minor, at best. I was just browsing frames on eBay and decided to ask if the MOLLE frames were any good.

It's not as if I've totally dismissed using the ALICE frames.
By evallded
I was just browsing frames on eBay and decided to ask if the MOLLE frames were any good.
The military seems to think they are. You are not at all likely to find anyone here that has used one. If you arent going for accuracy and want to mount them cheap then go to a surplus store, buy some LC frame strap and screw them to your motherboard. No need for a frame, and get it done for about $10.00 per pack.
By TheKevinShow
I didn't mean that inaccurate.

Maybe I'll give the MOLLE a shot. I may not be the best man for the job but maybe I can be a trailblazer. Worst case scenario, the frames don't work and I have to come back to you guys with my tail between my legs, but I've heard that an ALICE frame is even better with MOLLE straps.

I can always resell the frames if need be.

For the legacy shell, what aspects are damage that[…]

Greetings

Welcome aboard, Samson! :)

At the moment my interest would be what sorts fo[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

I know very little about Five Nights at Freddy's […]