By XxEctOxX
for all that i know there were only 2 people who gave this pack a shot. And i dont know why there wasnt any others. I mean was i the only person who loved the cartoon!!! come on guys .. well be sides the RGB pack. I am also making the egon flight suit from scratch. the problem is the hair. well here are some picture of my pack under construction. there will be more later hope you guys like it!

this is what im following---

Last edited by XxEctOxX on November 1st, 2005, 7:30 pm, edited 5 times in total.
EnderWeggen liked this
By ecto
Wow thats great work cant wait to see it finished. Keep us updated with the progress.

-Fabian
By GB Dan
Thats pretty sweet dude... keep us updated!
By Bellevue-Ghostbuster
this is truely fantastic. when you finish, would mind making a tutorial on how you built it. I wanted to make the RGB proton pack, but was only able to make the gun, but it's not that great.
By XxEctOxX
hey iif i woulda known sooner that you wanted a tutorial then i woulda kept my outlines i made. i just followed the picture i have on top.. i scraped most of my early drawing . ill see if i have any other left. if not i will measure whats on it and post it.. thx for all the great feed back all!!!!
By ShadesMcPherson
Looks frickin amazing!! Only thing I notice remotely off is the squared edge on the... uh... Ion arm? It's RGB, but it's the same piece, pretty much. I think it needs to be rounded on the outside edge. But hey, like I said. It looks so amazing. I can't wait to see it done!
By XxEctOxX
whats the ion arm? im bad with the GB movie pack part names.. you got a picture?
By ShadesMcPherson
upper left hand corner. It sticks out a bit, with grooves in it.
By Astantax
Excellent start so far, brother...one quick thing I noticed though.
It looks like the grooved box with the needle gauge in it (which you've made..the one next to the ion arm) protrudes a bit from the "base" of the ion arm...here's an illustration to show you what I mean. You've made yours a little bit too flat...I could be wrong though...

Not to criticise, just pointing out something you may have missed...very easy to correct if you feel like it...

Once again, excellent start - and great job on the spacer, too btw
- Brian
By XxEctOxX
crap i miss judged it!!!! damn it... im posting new pictures with in the next few hours all! hey can anyone help me out. I need a gun hook bad!! and fast
By XxEctOxX
P.s. i didnt have the know how to make the wood curve. and its the only material i know to work with. lol
By CaptainN
Awesome looking so far. This is going to be a sweet proton pack. Have you thought about building more of them for others after you see how this one turns out?

CaptainN
Last edited by CaptainN on October 24th, 2005, 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By XxEctOxX
HEY can you or anyone help me out. How do i mount the pack to ALICE frame? thx ppl let me know soon thou halloween is only a few days away!!
By ecto_skywalker
Awesome! Can't wait to see it finished!
By GB Dan
WOW!!! I love that! Great job man!
By fifth_beatle
That is SO cool! What a novel idea! (Maybe I'll make the Real GB pack next.)
~5B
By XxEctOxX
thanks for all the great feedback guys... ive been moving along with the pack. I just havent had the chance to get new batteries for my camera. But today i will and take some new pictures. Halloween is just around the coner!! i have to finish in time~~!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhh lolol
By ecto_skywalker
To answer your question about mounting the ALICE pack to the mother board... There was already holes in the bottom frame work of the ALICE pack and then I drilled holes in the cross piece in the middle of the frame and then just bolted it to the mother board... The only problem I have, is that if I wanted to take the ALICE frame off, I would have remove the top of the cyclotron to reach the bolts... On my next one, I'm going to permanantly fix the bolts to the mother board with the threads facing towards my back, that way it will be bolted from the outside.
By XxEctOxX
hey thanks for the ALICE pack info.. the only problem i got is that as you can see im making this whole damn thing from scratch. And the only material im good with is wood. And im beting between my friend that this thing is gunna end up being more the 40 pounds!!!!! well it will be a good work out huh? so besides the bots which i will do what about other thing ? or thats the only way?
By fifth_beatle
Hey, I just mounted my proton pack to my Alice frame and thought I would provide some pics as to how I did it. (And let me stress: this is not following any sort of guideline, it's just flying by the seat of my pants.)

The first pic shows where I placed the four bolts. The bottom two are self explanatory, as most Alice frames have two notches where rucksacks would be secured. I would drill holes at the far edges of either notch, to add more security, and to prevent the pack from "sliding around." Bolts 1, 2 & 3 will all be protruding into the cyclotron area, so there won't be any problem concealing the nut and threads on the other side.

The 4th bolt posed somewhat of a problem, because it would be out in the open.

But, I decided to conceal it under the piece of PVC tubing (Filler Plug) that is normally found below the EDA box. It works close enough for me.

However, since you are building a Real GB pack, the top two bolts won't coincide, since the construction is a bit different. However, I'm sure that there will be other items that you can conceal with.
Good Luck,
~5B
By Kingpin
Posted in the other RGB Proton Pack topic relating to this Pack:

So far so good, definately looking forward to seeing the final Pack.

What sort of paint finish you going to go with?

----------------------------------------------------

Well, you could curve the wood using a saw and sandpaper, but that can take an incredible amount of time to finish. A belt sander or electric sander is usually more useful.
By XxEctOxX
the colors thats there is going to be what the rest of the pack is gunna look like. i was testing the paint on some of the parts
By XxEctOxX
thanks beatle for the Alice pack info.. i got my craft noodle going.lol I didnt get to work on it today cuz i need to get my light bulbs cuz i blew a crap load of them lol
Hasbro Ghostbusters

Is anybody making Slime Blowers that would fit the[…]

Beautiful!! I'm getting this even if finances don[…]

Super helpful thanks. I will read properly when […]

I just couldn't help myself and had to add texture[…]