Return to Home Page - Ghostbusters Fans

View new posts | View your posts Proton Pack Plans!!!!!!!

Post subject: Proton Pack Plans!!!!!!!
PostPosted: February 28th, 2008, 6:49 pm 
Ghosthead

hey guys i was just wondering, which one of the proton pack plans are the easiest?!!!!! norms,stefans or venkmans. well am not a gb prop maker but i am interested in the project!!! but so far i wont be able to build my own Proton pack any time soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh well... great stuff guys !!! i like everybodies Proton packs and all the other equipment just awsome stuff!!!! :cool: :blush: :eyeroll: :sigh: :vinzclortho:

Disgusting blob!! total protonic reversal, all right boys throw,em!!! as a duty desiganated representative of the state,county,city of new york. i order you to sees any supernatural activity and return forth of place of origin or to the nearest paralles dimention!!! Ray Stantz!!!!!

(+0)

PostPosted: February 28th, 2008, 8:01 pm 
Ghosthead

I'd say Norm's are great for a beginner

Louisiana GB site: http://www.louisianaghostbusters.net/

(+0)

PostPosted: February 28th, 2008, 9:23 pm 
Ghosthead

bradboss12 wrote:
I'd say Norm's are great for a beginner

yeah i agree norm's are the best for newbies. after i finish my custom pack, i might try out stefans plans.

(+0)

PostPosted: February 28th, 2008, 10:54 pm 
Ghosthead

Hey axel for my pack i used Norm´s and Stefan´s plans.

SAl

(+0)

PostPosted: February 29th, 2008, 1:13 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Norm's plans are located here:

http://www.gbfans.com/equipment/plans/norm-gagnon/

"GODDAMN NERDS WITH POWER!!!!! ARRAUGUGUUGGHHGHG!"

(+0)

PostPosted: February 29th, 2008, 4:43 am 
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Sal. we both have used same method on our packs... Actually, for a beginner, I too would advice taking Norm's instructions. They are more visually informative. I used both, The measurements and blueprints of Stepan's plans, and Norm's plans for some idea of how they look in real life. While the Stepan's plans are very exact, they can be confusing. I spent many hours in order to actually 'see' the part I was making. I am still finding some new stuff in this site. But, take the Norm's plans. They are far easier.

(+0)

PostPosted: February 29th, 2008, 1:39 pm 
Ghosthead

I've been referencing Norm's plans for material ideas and Stefan's plans for exact dimensions.

(+0)

PostPosted: February 29th, 2008, 6:09 pm 
Ghosthead

wooow!!!! thank you sooooooooo much, for your kind support thanks a lot guys that means a lot you guys rock...bust out loud!!!!! it,s good ,cause i,ve printed out norms plans a while ago!!!! i just want it to be sure!!!!!!! i did the same for the ghost trap plans !!! thanks guys!!!!!! i did think stefans plans wwere a little confusing ....am not good with a lot of numbers or math for that matter lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks a whole lot to all of you guys !!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool: :blush: :eyeroll: :walterpeck: :vinzclortho: :crunch: :wrongforum:

Disgusting blob!! total protonic reversal, all right boys throw,em!!! as a duty desiganated representative of the state,county,city of new york. i order you to sees any supernatural activity and return forth of place of origin or to the nearest paralles dimention!!! Ray Stantz!!!!!

(+0)

PostPosted: February 29th, 2008, 7:12 pm 

Yeah Norm's are definetly great for starting out and getting ideas for what to use and even coming up with some substitutes of your own! Stefan's can be overwhelming but once you become familiar with all the names of the various parts of the pack, it's not so bad.

(+0)

PostPosted: March 4th, 2008, 4:54 pm 
Ghosthead

See... even though I haven't built yet, I have read Norms time and time again. They are still relatively hard to figure out for me. Maybe I actually have to put them to use

(+0)

PostPosted: March 4th, 2008, 5:10 pm 

I kinda had some trouble making heads or tails of those plans when I started too. It wasn't till I really dug in and started building that I really got the hang of it. I'd suggest grabbing some spare sheet of plywood and fab one of the pieces, it should start to click after that.

Building Props I've Always Wanted... One Mistake At A Time.

(+0)

PostPosted: March 4th, 2008, 6:09 pm 

One thing that made it a bit easier was thinking of everything in terms of sections or parts. Almost like the puzzle pieces fitting together...and the whole thing is basically made up of different size/shape boxes.

(+0)

PostPosted: July 6th, 2013, 4:48 pm 

I just finished two packs one for me and the other is my son's

(+0)

Share On: Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Digg Digg Share on MySpace MySpace Share on Delicious Delicious Share on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+