By guyvergba
My question is more, does anyone know how to use 1 battery source for 4+ different light sets? The way I have my pack planned out it will run on 17 AAA, and 2 9V.

I'm obviously looking to reduce the AAA's. I have 4 different light sets that will require 2 AAA, is there any way to just wire them up to 1 set of AAA, and not 4 seperate ones??
2 AAA's is just 3 volts. You could theoretically upgrade to just 2 D batteries and run all the light sets in parallel but you'd probably be sacrificing some run time for conveinience. It's hard to say if it'd work or not without knowing your setup though.
Im running a 9.6v 5000mah nimh pack like they use on RC cars for all my lights (thrower and pack) and sound board, can get 2 days constant use and some with this pack.
Although I will be uprading to 12v version once Exoray releases his top line sound board as thats whats required, and will just T off with a 3v dropper for the lights
My pack is running off of 7 rechargeable D-cell batteries held inside the shell. They recharge through a port on the back of the mother board.

I don't know the effects of the battery charger on the lights, so I installed a kill switch to completely separate the battery from the lights while they charge.
that is a good idea to separtate them. in my experience leds can be picky about voltages.;
One 12 volt 4.5 Ah rechargeable sealed lead acid battery. It powers the sound system and (2) 1 Amp, 12v-to-9v converters for the light effect boards.
Works great, but adds a lot of weight. I'm thinking of switching to a rechargeable Lithium-Ion pack (much smaller & lighter).
By GAVAL
3AA's for the LED Sequencer (blinking or sequencing lights in pack and thrower)
9V for Stead on Gun lights and flashers when firing gun
9V for sound Amplifyer
3AA's for Replicaprops sound chip.

Thinking of swapping 9V on amp to something 12v to see if the sound quality, duration, and volume all improve, but it's been fine as is. Everything I use is rechargeable. Got a large battery charger for christmas that does any size, so I can load up and charge each night for conventions or have it all ready day before most events.

I'm having trouble finding 9v rechargeble LiO's in stores. Probably gonna have to order some if the next couple of stores fail me.

G
By GAVAL
Good god, Bob, I thought I was in trouble with my 8 batteries! I hope you have a lot of rechargeables!

I give you the GAVALIAN CRUNCH for most batteries on a pack I've heard of.

G
Hahaha well yeah they're all rechargable batteries, lights can run nearly 24 hours without dimming, the amp a good 14 hours. Not had to change the sound board batteries yet. The D cells certainly add weight to the pack though.
By odog
I have two rechargable 12v 2200mah Li-ion batteries running the lights, and three D cells running the sound chips. The Li batteries were harvested from a VoIP DOCSIS MTA, and the D cell holder I got at frys.

I'd say switch to four D cells in a 2x2 format.
GAVAL wrote:Good god, Bob, I thought I was in trouble with my 8 batteries! I hope you have a lot of rechargeables!

I give you the GAVALIAN CRUNCH for most batteries on a pack I've heard of.

G
Not exactly proud to one-up this, but...

At the moment... I'm running on 26 AA's. :walterpeck:

8 for the lights, 8 for the amp, 8 for the preamp, 2 for the sound kit.

Definitely very interested in switching to a 12V Li-Ion rechargeable setup, 'cause, this just sucks right now, haha.
8 in total...

9v for Crix soundboard
9v for wand lights
4x aaa for amp
2x aa for pack lights

Going to make a small door in the motherboard that will have the battries connected to it. Simply open the door, change battries, close door.
My first pack runs off one 9 V and two AAs for lights only (no sound in this pack).

The scratch-built pack runs off two 9 V for the lights and 3 AAs for the sound.

The Bigi330 Hero Pack runs off a 12 volt rechargable the runs both lights and sound.
Ok quick question. I'm planning on getting a 12v rechargeable battery but it has a switch that you need to turn on. Is there a way to bypass it or extent it? I really don't want to be opening the pack everytime I need to use it or charge it.

I've ordered one of these for a friend to use off […]

GB News is calling the Pink Camo Tint the last m[…]

Sugarland Express.Very early Spielberg movie,it's […]

Also probably different release dates. USA[…]