By Ramjet
I like the beer handle. What keeps them cold?
By Charlie Richter
If you have any questions, shoot.

Ive change it from the drawing, as you can see, only because i have never drawn it in 3d. Everything works in 2d! hehe

I guess i should explain this is a linear particle accelerator.
Last edited by Charlie Richter on January 12th, 2009, 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Krenzy
What do you have planned for the gun? Will you be using a standard ALICE pack? What is the thing that the canisters are attached to? And what is the tube looking piece above that hanging to the right? Are both the left and right drawing the same pack, just with a cover over the "internals" on the first one?

I like this :cool:
By Charlie Richter
What do you have planned for the gun?
I cant make my mind up, i may just have a normal wand, if anyone wants to design a gun for me feel free.

Will you be using a standard ALICE pack?
Maybe, if it fits, i can always customize it.

What is the thing that the canisters are attached to?
its basically just a arm, for holding canisters, I dont know if i want to use canisters for the pack yet.

And what is the tube looking piece above that hanging to the right?
That is the hose to the gun

Are both the left and right drawing the same pack, just with a cover over the "internals" on the first one?
yes, they are the same, i love to cover my packs.
By Ramjet
it's coming along very nicely.

A splash of colour always livens up an image
By Charlie Richter
Thanks mate, I want to get the three light bars at the bottom there going with some green lights, like a EGB PKE in design, and a blue light in the horizontal one, what you you think?

I did a little drawing, just different thrower ideas, any thoughts, or do you still like the 'prototype pistol'?
By Astantax
Wow, what a disappointing lack of enthusiasm. Am I the only one who thinks this is really cool?

I applaud your originality, ingenuity, and obvious talent. I'd also like to offer my opinion that the thrower second from the top is the best choice.

- Brian
By hooker
Hmmm...as far as the throwers go, I still really like the prototype. If you were to add a pistol grip on the second thrower in your new drawings and leave the canister at that angle I think it would really look bad-ass. That is my opinion. You should make them however you see fit. Great concept Charlie. Looks Great!
Last edited by hooker on January 14th, 2009, 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By irricanian
How did I miss this?

Very cool concept, I really like to see these types of builds. Takes some real imagination and ingenuity. Anyone can build a screen styled pack LOL :P

I tend to agree with hooker on the gun choice and addition of the grip

Not trying to derail your thread or anything .Here's a pic of a pack I did a few years ago, just for ideas.

Here's another one thats been collecting dust in my shop

Keep up the progress! Going to look great once you're done :cool:
By Krenzy
Charlie...a couple items for you:

1) What is the purpose of the canister? If you were to make the canister a carrier for the proton energy, then in theory you wouldn't need a hose to connect it to the pack, correct? Though, still in thoery, why would you need the pack? I digress...I think it's too early in the morning and I'm making too much sense for my own good.

2) Design number one looks the best to me, though I appreciate the updates to the standard gun, #4.

3) #1 looks best, as I said, but #2 is definately a nice streamlined version.

I'm rambling, but what can I say? I wanna see this finished :cool:
By Charlie Richter
1)What is the purpose of the canister?
Ive always liked the idea that the canister adds some spice, the pack will work without the canister, and the gun could work with out the pack. Different canisters could do different things? i guess like the different functions of the Video Game Pack? I just made all that up.....

Thanks Irriancian, I do enjoy making things that are not run of the mill, it gets the creative juices flowing.
Id love to see everyone have a custom pack, something that suits them.

Hooker, i was really digging the second thrower there my self. Ill give a few more verisons of it, I really like the canister pointing forward, it has a certian Kalashnikov feel to it.

Astantax, Thanks for your words mate, makes me feel pretty good! Glad you love it.
By Syco54645
This looks awesome to me. Cant wait to see this completed.
By JackIvyGB
I do indeed like the canister being angled.

As far as it's purpose, I always thought, at least for the XGB packs, that the packs minus the canisters were basically the same power level as the classic GB packs. Rather than re-craft the entire accelerator or internal system of the packs to give a greater output, Egon designed the canisters, which house the extra boost that the equipment needed against the "new breed" of ghosts. Sort of like the stuff you get at the store you use on your yard. Sure, you can water your yard and it may or may not help, but if you buy the stuff, connect your hose to that, and spray your yard, it should help out more.

Or something like that anyway. I don't know what the yard stuff is called, but I hope someone knows what I'm talking about :-)

I saw your classic thrower + cannister idea Charlie and it gave me an idea of my own. I can draw it up if you'd like to see it.

And I agree with the others irricanian, that un-finished custom pack is cool. Definitely deserves to be finished.

Wow this looks amazing! I really enjoyed reading […]

@gpstar, Thanks for all this info. I’m wor[…]

Honestly, I don’t think there is damage from[…]

Greetings

http://i.imgur.com/1kB7fOZ.jpg