For users in: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, & Vermont.
By Butcha
Effective immediately, I am declaring the start of the official Ghostbusters New England franchise. Like our brothers and sisters in other parts of the US, we will strive to make accurate Ghostbusters costumes that would make Dan Aykroyd proud and represent the GB community in a positive way. We also plan to sponsor and attend events to help raise $$$ for various children's charities. We realize that there is already an decent sized GB group in New Hampshire and we welcome you to either join the Ghostbusters New England, or when possible work with us in events throughout New England.

To those who have been supporting this plan and to those who will soon be joining us, I say, WELCOME!

We're the best. We're the beautiful. We' re the only Ghostbusters!
Last edited by Butcha on November 17th, 2009, 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By mattman
I second the motion to start . This is a call to all Ghostbusters of New England please join or if you can just come to our events when we begin to host them. The more the better . Whether or not you have all the gear or just starting all are welcome, feel free to either PM me mattman or John.

John your the man well done !

Thanks again to all New England Ghostbusters

Matt
By Butcha
For those that don't know, we are having an informal meeting at my place in Franklin, MA on Sunday Nov. 29th at 12:30-ish. Gottah work till 11:00 am, so that's the best time I can offer. ANY and ALL members on here who live in New England are welcome. Hell, anyone on here ANYWHERE in the world who does GB costuming is welcome to come. We've all been saying that we want to start getting the ball rolling around here, so let's try to meet up and chat, get to know each other, drool over each others props, etc... We all want to have fun, and as far as I know most of you are interested in the charity event aspect of this, as I am. So, please try to make it on Sunday, cause we'd love to meet all of you and see where we can take this. New England Ghostbusters is alive and well and we are gunna "show this prehistoric bitch how we do things downtown... THROW IT!" So, what I think I'm saying is if you believe in UFOs, astral projections, mental telepathy, ESP, clairvoyance, spirit photography, telekinetic movement, full trance mediums, the Loch Ness monster and the theory of Atlantis then be at my place on Sunday, Nov. 29th at 12:30.

If attending, PM me and I'll send you my home address. Thanks and I hope to see you all there!
By RIGBfan10
John, That logo is AMAZING! WOW! I love it! What a great representation of New England! I couldn't think of a more perfect logo! That's awesome that you did that. All your hard work is appreciate by your fellow NE Ghostbusters!!!!!! :cool:

"WAIT, WAIT WAIT, WAIT, WAIT! I've always wanted to do this.........and...............THE FLOWERS ARE STILL STANDING!!!!"
By Butcha
RIGBfan10 wrote:John, That logo is AMAZING! WOW! I love it! What a great representation of New England! I couldn't think of a more perfect logo! That's awesome that you did that. All your hard work is appreciate by your fellow NE Ghostbusters!!!!!! :cool:

"WAIT, WAIT WAIT, WAIT, WAIT! I've always wanted to do this.........and...............THE FLOWERS ARE STILL STANDING!!!!"
Thanks for your kind words. Yes, the logos are cool and I had some very talented friends help me make the logo exactly the way we thought it should be. I think it's pretty frick'n sweet too.

Let me just state for the record, that Matt has also been right here supporting everything I've been doing. This was a team effort and just because I actually was the one who posted that we were now a franchise, please don't think that all of this was just me. I'm all about the team so I just wanted to throw that out. None of this would have happened if it weren't for Matt and I sitting down and figuring out exactly what we were going to do here.
By RIGBfan10
I agree 110%; this is all about the TEAM, No one Ghostbuster is above the other. I think what made the film's characters so likeable was they way they interacted with one another and the fact that it seemed like there was never pressure, even when there was! With the NE crew it should be no different. It's all in good fun and to be apart of something. A NE Ghostbusters club is such a cool idea that probably has been thrown around for a while and now it looks like it might actually happen!
By mattman
everyone that is planning on attending the N.E.GB meeting on sunday the 29th of november please send me a private message so that i may put a list together so we know who is going to in attendance that way i may start sending the address of where we will be hosting.

thanks everyone see you one the 29th
By Butcha
Also, anyone attending the meeting at my place on Nov 29th at 12:30, you are more than welcome to show up in your jumpsuit since we will be wearing ours and would like to take a team photo. Please also bring ALL OF YOUR GEAR so we can check it out and drool over it. Okay? Okay.
By mattman
If there is anyone who is planning to attend the meeting on Sunday the 29th that I have not givin the address of johns place please contact me a.s.a.p.

Thank you and look forward to seeing everyone on Sunday.
By mattman
yes yes went very well i was hoping for a bigger turn out , but like i said before its the only the first meeting so i shouldn't set the bar to high. but over all it went very well. looking forward to everyone having something to work on for the next meeting. i know next month is a little crazy for everyone but i was just hoping to get a ball park idea when everyone would be able to get together . again i think sundays would best.

hope to hear from you all soon,
I think that the Sunday after christmas could work. I dont know if I will be able to get the shell but will try to figure something out. Great meeting all of you.

Josh
By Saborlas
And of course I wait until today to hit up da forumz and have only just now seen this thread. And I'm kicking myself because this is exactly what I wanted to get started, but conversations here had a habit of dying out so I decided to save myself the embarrassment. Was working on a logo based on the MA flag (which ain't an easy one to work with!). Shoulda opened my mouth.

Just as well. My Halloween hack-pack needs a rebuild after my electrician friend gets off his arse and helps me rewire the sound system and figure out exactly what I did wrong. Although it's good enough to make normal people swoon (WOO IT LIGHTS UP), I think it would look decidedly undersized compared to others (forgot to disable margins when printing out 1:1 plans on letter size paper, rolled with it due to speed-build), not to mention some creative liberties I took to make that BRICK of a battery look like a pack component (one that doesn't exist on original pack). Now that I've got some XP under my belt, it shouldn't be hard to re-do it the pack the proper size. With patience, I should get something a bit more passable.

Or I could just make a new one from scratch and keep the smaller one as a spare (after slight rebuild). It'd scale to someone smaller than me just fine. Of course, this option is much more expensive.

At least I have a trap! Admittedly, it's a repaint of my old Kenner toy, but it's pneumatically functional.

So, that logo's getting done up as a uniform patch, right? I DEMAND ONE FOR MY UNIFORM! Please. With sugar and IDLE THREATS on top. Ooo! Ooo! Can we get business cards? I want a business card!
By Butcha
Due to the fact that the no-ghost logo would be a bit too small because of our francise design,we DO NOT plan to wear a New England Ghostbusters patch on our uniforms. We will eventually make patches, t-shirts, decals, etc... For now, I think we plan to just use the logo on banners for events. You are welcome to join the New England francise if you'd like. Wish you had seen this so you could have attended our first meeting. Send Matt and I your contact information.
By Butcha
Just so you know, I've tradmarked the New England Ghostbusters francise and NEGB logo. When we decided to make patches, decals, etc... I will let you know.
By mattman
that would have been cool if you could have attended our first meeting on this past Sunday . i am currently trying to plan our next meeting if you could please send me your availability and contact info i will get back to you about our next meeting and other details. THAT ALSO MEANS ANYONE ELSE that would like to attend our next meeting PLEASE send me a message with the same info A.S.A.P. There WILL be a December meeting so i need to know who will be wanting to attend. AND let me just say that if for what ever reason that you cant make the meeting after telling us you will be there just give us a call and let us know , i know that last minute things come up kids , family , gfs colds , but it only take a few seconds to call. im not trying to be a jerk for better words , i just want people to be thoughtful of other members.

thank you and hope to hear from you all soon,
By Butcha
Gah! Another person who missed our million posts! The meeting was fun, but it would have been better to have more of you there. Yes, this is just getting started, so don't worry, there will be plenty of NEGB meetings and get-togethers to come. We are REALLY looking forward to getting everyone's costumes and gear up to snuff and start working on the charity aspect of this soon. If anyone wishes to join the NEGB franchise, please contact Matt and I with your information. Thanks!!!!
By Saborlas
Franklin's a wee bit of a haul on the T. Please tell me you live near the station.

Although it would make for a good meetup point for getting to ConnectiCon. It'd be awesome if we had an Ectomobile, though last I checked, blue flasher lights weren't street-legal unless you're an on-duty cop. I've seen nothing about GREEN ones, though.
By Shadesjm
I hit up Connecticon this summer and have gone the last four years...It's really starting to go downhill. Still a descent con though. Unless you're with a large group it gets very boring, very quickly. I'd go though, I'd want to do serious prep work and talk to the con organizers to get some space before going again. There is nowhere to take your pack off or gather.

-Justin
GBFANS Ghostlabs light kit

When you say you only have the proton pack light k[…]

I'm not familiar with this one (is it a model?) […]

Also somewhat related question...I don't see giz[…]

Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dol[…]