For users in: Delaware, Maryland, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, & Washington DC.
By FeinDTacticS
Last year had a great turnout. I know a lot of you simply can not make the trip again but I still want to meet up with whoever is going to be in the NYC area and geared up this year. I get enough great vibes being alone in my gear but it is such a better feeling within a force.

Hook & Ladder is my first stop. Then im going to hit up some more local food spots for free food... For some reason Ghostbusters in NYC get a lot of free food & drink... its almost like being a veteran returning from ww2. :cool:
By Boomerjinks
One day. One day I'll bring the Magnum for Halloween in New York.

Probably the next time it's one a Friday or Saturday, I think.

Have fun guys. Have the most fun.
By FeinDTacticS
@ CaptCyan : Yes if possible. Yes if I can gather around 3 or 4 other guys within the 5 boroughs to start a tour from the Firehouse on Halloween.

@Boomerjinks : I really hope that will be true... I will be much older by the next time Halloween falls on a Friday or Saturday.

@FaNBoY : You ready for this year? Got all your stuff squared away? You got two months to prepare..
By FaNBoY
I got a uni and i'm workin on something else, but I can't guarantee i'll have that something else, but i do have a uni.
By GhostbustersNJ
Boomerjinks wrote:One day. One day I'll bring the Magnum for Halloween in New York.
Probably the next time it's one a Friday or Saturday, I think.
Have fun guys. Have the most fun.
Be prepared if you ever put the Ecto in the Village Halloween parade. Between staging and the parade itself, I was in the driver seat for about 5 hours. Surprising how much gasoline you burn while idling.

Also you have to have 4 "marshals" to keep people back from the vehicle. Burkit was up front and can tell you how many drunks and photographers tried to get themselves run over. It was insanity.

It was also a once in a lifetime experience that every ectomobile owner should have.

Do it!!!!
By FeinDTacticS
Indeed, NJGB was there in full force and I had a great time with them until I had to leave. I will not have this problem again since I took the entire week off for halloween stuff. I will hopefully be in the parade this year, and I WISH NJGB would return for the party because it was simply awesome being around the Ecto and them.
By GhostbustersNJ
Thank you for the kind words.
If we can get 4 volunteers dedicated to be the required marshals, I will seriosuly consider. I will most likely only be able to bring 1-2 other NJGB's due to it being a Monday.

My caveats beyond that are:
If I can get off work Monday.
If I can get approval 2 years in a row to have the ecto there
If I can run the inflatable stay puft off a 400 watt inverter :)

One perk though, I've doubled my roof rack battery capacity since 2010, so the power issues I hit about 5 hours into it last year will be nonexistant.
By FeinDTacticS
I will be your offical Third Marshall and I can get someone to be the fourth for sure. Like I said in my earlier post I will not have the issue of having to leave even before the offical parade starts. I remembered we were standing there waiting to walk in the parade for what seemed like hours because we had to allow the "Theme" part of the parade first which was fair i guess but sucked for all of us.

I seriously hope you can get off from work and make it, it will be incredible again! Like I said I will offer my body up as a human wall between the drunken crowds and the Ecto4.
By winston18
I'm seriously considering making the trip but it'll be more for me now that I am back home in VA and not at school in NY. If I can schedule it properly then I'll come, it was a ton of fun last year!
By FeinDTacticS
I just got a couple more people confirmed to be with me. They might not have gear but one is dressing up as a huge slimer so it should be great!
By adsfuse
I managed to get the 31st and 1st off from work, so I would love to join you guys.
By FeinDTacticS
I hope that you do get it sooner rather then later!!

I am still confirmed for all activities that day including being a personal bodyguard for the Ecto-4!

Lets hope that the permit goes through and we have a jolly well time!

and NO RAIN.......
By GhostbustersNJ
We're in iffy territory. To those that didn't hear, the Ecto-4's motor blew up Friday following a pre-season tune-up. we had $1500 of repairs done Friday-Saturday and it blew again Sunday just after we got home from the shop.

Another $300 of repairs today, and it SHOULD be fixed for a long time.

If so I give us a 65% change of making (affording the trip to) the parade.

If the repairs don't hold, the engine is proabably toast, and I give us a -42% (WTF?) chance of being able to make it to the parade.

I will keep updating everyone as this progresses.

Thanks,
Chris
By FeinDTacticS
sxvkba;lfbvhja;lbhajfb;lajhb;akjbhas;vjhas; jlhq3; lhalkjh v

ARGH..... ::gets on knees:: PLEASE ECTO-4!!! PLEASE STAY STRONG!!!! IM PRAYIN IT WILL HOLD!

In other words... this news is almost like hearing it will be pouring rain the whole entire week
By GhostbustersNJ
Well, the ecto is running again. And I managed to talk the shop down on their repair fees a bit due to the hassle.
If it holds through the weekend we will re-mount the roof rack.

Current chance of attending the parade, pending parade vehicle permit from the NYPD, 63%
By FeinDTacticS
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

63% is better than nothing!!!! Good job on talking down the shop on the repairs... the ecto deserves all the love it can get right now!

I am still praying this holds up... last year was awesome and will be even better this year!
By FaNBoY
im still in....we need to get to L8 for photos after and then we should get grub
By FeinDTacticS
FanBoY you know im down for that..

Last year there was a great photo shoot... (I missed out on it being 5-10 minutes late) but I would really like to get in on it this year since I have zero photo's of myself in front of the Firehouse...

Me and Steve (ecto1321) need to iron out some more of the logistics of that night but I also cant wait to hear from the NJ ghostbusters about their apperance in the parade... I am happy to hear they got their Ecto-4 up and running for the parade which is a great thing. Now I need to get you VA people up here again... James I am talking to you!
By GhostbustersNJ
Tick tock... waiting for the permit.

We have our inflatable stay puft set to go on the back rack powered by the roof rack inverter. With the lift of the rack, thats 10' of puffy terror!
By FeinDTacticS
Monday October 31st, 54F Cloudy in NYC

... lets hope that holds firm.
By ecto1321
Haha, thats a lot of puffy terror! Can't wait to get together with everybody. I am frantically getting my pack ready for that night and im almost there. I actually expect to have it all painted up by tomorrow.

On a side note, does anybody have a spare ribbon cable they're willing to part with or suggestions on where to find one by friday? Can be gb1 or gb2.
By XxEctOxX
you have a better chance scoring a gb2 cable, gb1 cables are pricey
By FeinDTacticS
ecto1321 wrote:Crisis averted. AJ sent shipped one out to me apparently by teleport. lol

WOOT!!!!!

On a side note.. yeah GB1 cables are expensive... mine was a GB2.. i did not fret much about it.. since my ion cap is also GB2 is was fine heh

Get crackin on those final details Ecto1321... we have the premiere of the NYCGB franchise to get rolling!
By FeinDTacticS
Ouch.... :(

::gets on knees and begs for the permit to come::

The weather is still holding firm. 55,cloudy.

If the car does not get the permit will you guys end up staying in NJ instead of coming out ?

Also... is the LIGB coming in full force this year too?

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]