For users in: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, & West Virginia.
By bpontheair
hotmanharper wrote:Has a meeting place/time be decided yet?
Awaiting the final email from the parade director. We're usually in place no later than 9:30. The staging is always in Woodruff Park (bottom of the map):

Ectos will want to be there quite a bit earlier. We won't know a final staging place in that park area until we get there Saturday morning. You just have to look for the group.
By Gareee
hotmanharper wrote:Has a meeting place/time be decided yet?
You mean for the parade? Thats easy.. just look for 50+ people in ghostbuster gear at the parade step off area..
By Martog
bpontheair wrote:There is a slight chance of rain for the parade Saturday. If you're at all worried, we suggest clear plastic bags to wear over your packs/gear.
So Egon still has not gotten around to testing the equipment in the rain? Guess you guys will find out huh? xD LOL
By bpontheair
hotmanharper wrote:Thanks guys! Just wasn't sure if we needed to get ribbons before that morning or find the mass ghostbusters group and that's when we would get them.

See you all that morning!!!
They shut down parade registration early this year due to the amount of people who signed up. I'll have about 90 ribbons for everyone who signed up here on GBFans.

Find me on Friday around the fan table (which we STILL haven't been told exactly where it will be!!), or early Saturday morning around the parade staging area.
By Martog
bpontheair wrote:
See you all that morning!!!
They shut down parade registration early this year due to the amount of people who signed up. I'll have about 90 ribbons for everyone who signed up here on GBFans.

Find me on Friday around the fan table (which we STILL haven't been told exactly where it will be!!), or early Saturday morning around the parade staging area.[/quote]

Hopefully you did not get lost in the mix somewhere on the table grid, I can't imagine what it must be like having to plan all this at DC.
By Gareee
We DO know the table is at the Hyatt now. More details coming as they are available.
By Martog
Gareee wrote:We DO know the table is at the Hyatt now. More details coming as they are available.
I will make sure I stop by as usual. ^.^ I completed spaced out on registering for any of the events at this year PKE Surge, oops >.< LOL Dragon Con snuck up on me.
By Gareee
JUST.. LOL!

I'll also be wearing my samhain for the parade, and probably a while afterards, in case anyone wants to get "busting" pics with samhain.it's be best to do that in the hotel, in AC... ;)

I think Kyle Stevens will be wearing his samhain at some point as well, so if ya stumble upon him, there's another great photo op.
By bpontheair
We are the red circle on the map. It's roughly the same place we were last year. Click the map for a larger version if you need it.

How to get to Woodruff Park from the:

Hyatt Regency - walk out the front door, turn left and walk south on Peachtree for about 5 blocks to Auburn Ave. Woodruff Park is on the left - big, green, with a huge fountain.

Marriott Marquis - (use the Hyatt route or) walk out of the front entrance, turn left on Peachtree Center and walk south about 5 blocks to Auburn Ave. Turn right on Auburn and Woodruff Park is about 1.5 blocks from there, you'll approach the park smack in the middle of it.

Hilton Atlanta - (use the Hyatt or Marriott routes or) walk out the front entrance, turn left on Courtland and walk south about 5 blocks to Auburn Ave. Turn right on Auburn and Woodruff Park is about 2.5 blocks from there, you'll approach the park smack in the middle of it.

Sheraton Atlanta - go 2 blocks to Peachtree, turn left and walk south about 2.5 blocks to Auburn Ave. Woodruff Park is on the left. OR use the Hilton route (it's about a 1.5 block shorter walk to Auburn Ave from there).

Westin Peachtree Plaza - walk out the Peachtree St entrance (believe it's the front door but won't swear to it), turn right and walk south about 2.5 blocks to Auburn Ave. Woodruff Park is on the left.

If you are not staying in the downtown area and do not plan to drive in, MARTA stops at Five Points and Peachtree Center appear to be the closest to Woodruff Park, according to the MARTA website.

If you are driving in, please note that while there are numerous parking lots and garages in the downtown area, the closer they are to our host hotels, the more likely they will be full.

There will be a special shuttle for parade participants from at least on host hotel to Woodruff Park. Please check the Pocket Program or at any of the D*C Info Booths for details.
By Martog
Gareee wrote:
I'll also be wearing my samhain for the parade, and probably a while afterards, in case anyone wants to get "busting" pics with samhain.it's be best to do that in the hotel, in AC... ;)
I'm just going to chase you around in my fursuit how's that? xD
By Gareee
Odds are you'll pass out before I will.. LOL!
By Gareee
I'm pretty sure there will be at least one, possibly two.
As FAR stretched as I am, got my sons GOLDEN proton pack built and ready (his choice) so be nice guys! =/

The other FAR side is that I chose a small part in GB 2 that only us Ghostheads may remember and grasp when ya see me on Saturday!

See yall this weekend!!!!
By bpontheair
I'm here and settled in. I have 90 parade wristbands and five vehicle passes for the parade. Come find me at any time. I'll have them on me.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
By Gareee
I wondered why I didn't see you this year! We actually did see a Dana the night before when I was testing samhain, and I never thought to even mention the parade to her. Bad me.
Positron Props GB1 Pack Build

Awesome!! Good luck on your build! Tom's shell i[…]

Trailer posted for release for the Frozen Empire u[…]

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]