For users in: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, & West Virginia.

WHERE: Mellow Mushroom (400 W. Peachtree St | Map)

WHEN: Saturday, September 1, 2012

MEET: Outside the front lobby of the Hyatt at 6 p.m. EDT. We are walking as a group to the dinner. If you can't meet up with the group, the dinner begins at 6:30 should you decide to join us.

It's time to once again put down the throwers and traps, and stuff your face with some of the best pizza Atlanta has to offer!

Saturday night, you are cordially invited to eat and relax at Mellow Mushroom! Please leave your packs and gear behind, but if you'd like to throw on your flight suit, please do!

We are asking that you meet as a group in front of the Hyatt promptly at (or a little before) 6 p.m. We are leaving at that time. We encourage you to walk as a group to the restaurant. If you get stuck somewhere and can't meet at 7, this link will provide you directions from the Hyatt.

Will there be awards like previous years? You bet! They are:
  • Best Representation of a Ghostbuster - The title says it all! Who's going to win it this year? Put your best foot forward!
  • Most Original Prop or Costume - Who's bringing the best prop or costume to D*C? We need to see it before the dinner on Saturday night. **NOTE** Do NOT bring your gear to the dinner! We need to see it before we leave for the dinner.
  • Iron Man - Get rewarded for breaking your back with the heaviest gear, or having the most endurance in the wild Southeast heat!
  • The Traveler - This goes to the person who traveled the longest distance to PKE Surge.
  • NJYD! - This is probably the award you do NOT want to win. It goes to the person with the most amount of damage and breakage during the first couple of days at the con. Destruction normally happens during the parade, so let's see those wounds!
**Also, we might have a couple of options this time. Do we want to:
  • Have a buffet? This means we pool our money together, give it to them in advance and the only individual tickets we have are for beverages. OR...
  • ... Do like we've done the last two years and just have individual orders?
Please chime in ONLY if you are coming to the dinner. Oh, yeah...

**We need a head count on who's coming.** New manager is asking us to do so.

There will be plenty of pizza, salads, beer, calzones, hoagies ... you name it! We'll have the big room upstairs all to ourselves again, so come and enjoy!
Last edited by bpontheair on August 26th, 2012, 9:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ChapterMasterTu'Shan wrote:
jackdoud wrote:I'll be there and I'mma drag TJ along whether he wants to or not.
The pizza better be accurately sliced.
I guess since I am goning to be haning with these guys I am coming out that night too. Unless I find something that pulls me away like, "Ohhhhh, shiny."
Couple of Rookie questions:

1. Are "younglings" welcome still?
2. Can costume showing happen at the parade or will it need to be closer to the dinner? We will not have a room, traveling back and fourth, so may have trouble finding a place for sons proton pack to stay.
3. Just pen to Ghostheads or can a Ghostheads wife/mom tag along too? Reason I ask is that his mom is picking him up that night after this.

If Yes to all, sign us up for 3. 2 adults, 1 juvi-ghosthead
hotmanharper wrote:Couple of Rookie questions:

1. Are "younglings" welcome still?
2. Can costume showing happen at the parade or will it need to be closer to the dinner? We will not have a room, traveling back and fourth, so may have trouble finding a place for sons proton pack to stay.
3. Just pen to Ghostheads or can a Ghostheads wife/mom tag along too? Reason I ask is that his mom is picking him up that night after this.

If Yes to all, sign us up for 3. 2 adults, 1 juvi-ghosthead
Of course, all are welcome! We'd love to have you all!

If you have no place to store your pack, we might have a corner you can stick it during the dinner. The general rule (per the establishment in the past) is no packs, but I'm sure an exception can be made if you can't to leave it in the car.
I'll be there! There might be 2 or 3 more, but I'm waiting for confirmation.
JayM wrote:I'll be going with 4 friends! Also I think individual orders would work better than pooling.
We're waiting on final confirmation, but we may have a pre-order method that could work. If you were there last year, the waitresses had an absolute nightmare getting individual orders/payments taken care of. It took forever, and they made plenty of mistakes. It also seems like we might have a bigger crowd this year with everyone chiming in.

We'll give some final details/options soon.
ChapterMasterTu'Shan wrote:I would suggest people familiarize themselves with the menu ahead of time, and if they know who they''ll be sitting with, have a good idea what they want. I know it took my table like 30 minutes to decide last year.
Great call!

If you want to glance at the menu ahead of time, here it is.

Beautiful!! I'm getting this even if finances d[…]

You guys are MUCH better at IDing stuff than I am&[…]

Reboot hose attached. And Still working out a fe[…]

Thanks for making this thread - was able to follow[…]