By Hammer
In my quest to finish things I derailed myself today. I've been looking at traps for awhile and decided today was the day. After careful consideration I decided that it would be nothing more than a static "looks nice" piece. I may add some lighting but other than that, it will hang from the belt and look nice. I can't rule out smoke. It's such an easy and cheap add.

So it all started with some very choice cuts of way too expensive scraps from my father's work shop. Seriously....this is some nice lumber. I hope I don't dick it up too badly.

Side boards

The stacked battery compartment

I mixed my materials.... wood and styrene. Is that legal? Don't care...

And a primed test fit.

I was so into building, I didn't take many pics.

Tomorrow I'll probably clean up the first coat of wood filler and primer. After that, cut some doors and the aluminum pieces. I'll be looking at the doo dads and knobs this weekend.
By Hammer
I think this/these door(s) will do:

I'm planning on leaving it as one piece. I'll router a line through the middle.

Not bad for $5.00......I had to go buy more wood putty. What I had was dried up.
jackdoud liked this
By Hammer
Last update of the day. Gotta go to work and it probably won't hurt to let this stuff dry for a day.

jackdoud liked this
By Hammer
Thanks! I'll have some more updates soon. Unlike some other stuff, I'm taking my time with the paint. I primarily used Sean Bishop's plans. There's a few missing measurements but you can def get there. Anyone else chime in if I'm wrong or completely missed something but, the knobs are not fun to find. I heeded several warnings (after looking around for a few hours) I went straight to Nick-A-Tron.
By Hammer
Jump ahead a few weeks and tinkering the whole time, I'm looking at this

Now to finish out the wheels and display plate.
By Hammer
OH...and giving credit, where credit is due....Big thanks to KCGhostbuster and Nick. I used a combo of their knobs and the handsome Cal-R is KCs. Vector and red lens came from the GBFans shop.

Much thanks guys!
nick-a-tron liked this
By Hammer
Thanks fellas!

As for the weathering, I spent a few hours....yes hours....slowing dry brushing several different shades of silver/aluminum. After 21 years in the National Guard, I have first hand knowledge of what well worn metal looks like. I just thought about all the "new to me" equipment I received and did my best to duplicate that look.

Then there's the highly technical process of dirt and grime. Fuller's Earth? Hell no! I used real authentic garage dirt. The process involved not sweeping after sanding and filing. I rubbed my fingers across the floor then rubbed them on the places I wanted to be dirty. I'll do this several more times then I'll leave it out while I work on the next project. Nature will take it's course and gravity will not fail.

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]

At some point, probably just better off opening up[…]

Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with dis[…]

Preview for #2 on DH's page. https://www.darkhors[…]