By Soren
Hi!
Just wanted to add my solution for the ghost trap holster\holder to the many that have been added here;
Of course the purpose is to attach it to a screen accurate holster without modifing the trap, meaning not drill any holes in the matty trap or modify the trap permanently.
I got ispired by Gareee work but adaped his idea with what I had lying around.
Enjoy!

1.I had some styrene plastic leftovers from 2006, when I scratchbuilt my proton pack; actually I used a warning sign (a new one, I didn't stole any warning sign from no costruction site =D)

2.I had bought way back in march a trap holster from MMM, (thanks Colin) I knew one day I would have used it for a trap =)
Anyhoo, take measures from the original battery cover + another one with two wings for two extra screws in order to secure the trap more safely.

Parts you'll need:

3. Cut the styrene and drill the holes. Yes, I fudged it up the first time, but I considered this a prototipe, and the final product is a reached version of this you see in the photo.

4.Finished but unattached!

5.VERY lightweight but VERY resistant and VERY thin. Something engineer Scotty would be proud of for his Whales! =)

6.Attached but unpainted

7. Painted... ouch, the left side was a bit rushed, I know I should have known better, but hell, I just need to add another coat of paint. Carnival '12 is a long way haead =)

8.It does hold it, and it is VERY safe, no chance of falling. And it's way cool, dude! =D
From what I understand, you still have clearance with the dixie cup holder. I wonder though will it roll on a rug, or something other than a perfectly smooth surface?
Gareee wrote:From what I understand, you still have clearance with the dixie cup holder. I wonder though will it roll on a rug, or something other than a perfectly smooth surface?
Yes and no. If it is on the floor it will roll without problems, if it is on a carpet no.
The dixie holder leaves just a few millimiters of space...
but that's ok!
The flushmounts leave about 1/2 inch of clearance, so for functionality, they might be the better choice. (Plus they are cheaper, and easier to obtain.)
Gareee wrote:The flushmounts leave about 1/2 inch of clearance, so for functionality, they might be the better choice. (Plus they are cheaper, and easier to obtain.)
yes, it does.
I used to have that on my proton gun.pack attachement... even though it was not a good choice it was the cheapest. FOr the trap I had to use what I got with me, the MMM holster, ou know.
DarkSpectre wrote:How hard was it to drill the holes in the trap for the "T" shaped piece?
Oh, boy... it was VERY easy =)
in fact, I drilled NO holes, my man! Those holes were already there (that's the point of this project, leave the trap untouched and yet make a secure hook), I only insert longer screws =)

I haven't done the new update to the Spirits Unlea[…]

I ended up grabbing one of the 84 wands just t[…]

Matty PKE Question...URGENT

Depending on the price, it might be worth snatchin[…]

I have a full sized spirit pack, and I have the gh[…]