Ok, ive had a few customers contact me asking for clarification on how the base, midbase, bulkhead fit together so I have drawn up this quick diagram to help explain. Please note the handlestalk bulkhead DOES NOT touch the base.

tobins78 wrote:Nick, since i've picked your brain over everything else: which glue/adhesive do you use to get such a clean finish?

along with counter sunk screws to attach the side walls to the mid base. The side panels/plates then hide the screw heads. Glue the side walls and bulkhead to the mid-base then when everythings dry and set drill the holes for the screws and use a larger drill bit to allow the head of the screw to sink below surface level. Do the same for the bulkhead (the battery box hides the screws this time).
awsome looking ket, looks like i know what one to buy when i build my second trap. 2 questions though-

How is the cartridge secured in the case?
how much does your completed trap weight?
Hi! The cartridge can be secured in many different ways. Magnets, spring loaded locks etc but the easiest way ive found is via the teardrop dial. Insert a piece of wire into the dial and with the cartridge in place drill a hole the the dial "skirt", through the side wall and into the cartridge. Insert the pin to keep the cartridge in place, remove to allow the cart to slide out :D

Im not sure of the exact weight but it's around 1.5kg.
nick-a-tron wrote:Hi! The cartridge can be secured in many different ways. Magnets, spring loaded locks etc but the easiest way I've found is via the teardrop dial. Insert a piece of wire into the dial and with the cartridge in place drill a hole the the dial "skirt", through the side wall and into the cartridge. Insert the pin to keep the cartridge in place, remove to allow the cart to slide out :D

I'm not sure of the exact weight but it's around 1.5kg.
Could you provide some images to coincide with this plan? Having a difficult time visualizing it.
Simply build the trap, slot in the cartridge, drill a hole just large enough for coat hanger wire through the tear drop dial base into the cartridge. Drill the same sized hole into the rear of the tear drop dial and glue in and inch or so of coathanger wire. The dial is now a pin that can be slotted into the hole in its base, into the cartridge, keeping it from sliding out. :)
Figured it out!!! Problem: 1" screw would not clear the outer edge when installing the wheels using a 1/4-20. I went down to a 6-32, and added a washer with a smaller diameter inside hole AND a 1/4 x .140 x 1/4 nylon spacer to take up the gap between the 6-32 screw outer diameter and the skate bearing inner diameter. Problem solved! BUT...the washer has to go on the outside of the wheel instead of the inside. It isn't something that bothers me as I never pay attention to the wheels anyway.

Has anyone else come up with a different solution (without removing the axles by shaving them off and just making your own and then re-mounting them after installing the wheel assemblies)???
I just sold my Matty trap with the full intention of grabbing one of these come Christmas time. I am really looking forward to it. I like how it is easily able to be upgraded to fit metal plates, etc, which I hope to grab from Gbfans. Anyone know if the plates line up? (I assume they do, but you know what they say about assuming...)
I had the same question myself when i was considering making a GB2 trap to go with the GB1. I asked AJ on his original interest thread:

http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 58#p473958

(There's a bit more info right near the top of the page)

I'm assuming the shop plates are the same size as he mentioned here, but it didn't look like they'd fit Nick's trap. I was also after a different style (GB2 courtroom style vs. stunt). I think the ones in the shop are the GB2 stunt style, which are the big plates that take up most of the trap (hopefully you can see what i mean from my post at the top of the page).
Do you have any pictures of your trap with the GBFans plates Nick?

I've been trying to do a bit of research into the movie traps as there doesn't seem to be much reference material to go by (compared to the info now available for the pack).

I've tried to lay everything out here: http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 58#p473399

The GB1 traps seem to be fairly easy to distinguish from one another, but i can't work out what the GB2 traps are. The court room trap looks like a different design to the GB1 hero - the cartridge looks thinner and taller, and has taller rear door mounts, and the front plate is bigger. Also the side rods look like they're spaced a bit closer together.

The other thing is that it seems to have a release button like the GB1 'Light is green...' trap, but it obviously isn't the same cartridge and the body has a more screws in the side plates.

I was planning on using another of your trap kits to make a GB2 hero to follow my GB1 trap, but i'm trying to get the facts right before i start buying stuff!

Can anyone shed more light on this? I was thinking of starting a new thread for definitive reference, but not if it's already been done before.
Thanks Nick, but I meant the current plates. They're GB2 stunt style, and from what I understand the main difference is the front plates being a lot bigger, taking up most of the front of the trap:

ovwthrillseekr recently posted a stunt trap build thread and used the GBFans plates:

Hopefully you can see what I mean with the hero style plates on my trap and the screen used model:

It appears that you also use the hero style plates on your build as the front plate fits the cartridge. I posted the difference in dimensions in that link above, but from the measurements AJ gave the current plates will not fit your trap kit.

I really want to use your kit again for a GB2 hero build to match my other one, so i'm after the hero style plates. I could do them myself, but wouldn't be happy with the finish vs. correct sized water cut plates.
Bromie wrote:Yeah no probs Colin; here's what mine measure in at (GB1 7 piece set):

(All measurements W X H)

Sides 205 x 74 mm (8.071" x 2.913")

Large side plate 71 x 57 mm (2.795" x 2.244")

Small side plate 64 x 44 mm (2.520" x 1.732")

Front 80 x 68 mm (3.150" x 2.677")
[The height of the plate from the bottom of the cartridge to underneath the indicator is 38 mm (1.496") and the two thin bits either side are 11 mm wide (0.433")]
AJ Quick wrote:I apologize for some confusion here.

I have two CAD models for Ghost Traps. One is a hero style, and one is my GB2 stunt. These are the measurements I use for the GB2 stunt (which is what this plating run is for):

Large Side plates: 7.75" x 2.75"
Front Plate: 3.625" (wide) x 2.75" (tall).

My other CAD model has the plates as:

Large Sides: 8.125" x 2.875"
Front Plate: 2.75" (wide) x 3.125" (tall).

That's for the hero sized trap with the smaller detachable cartridge.

Oh, another thing - this was made mostly out of sc[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

Is anybody making Slime Blowers that would fit the[…]

Beautiful!! I'm getting this even if finances don[…]

Super helpful thanks. I will read properly when […]