By bustinforjesus
bustinforjesus wrote:This is my Real Ghostbusters Toy Trap converted into a movie one, the best I could.
It was really cool I just happened to be in a thrift store looking for combat boots and couldn't find any for my halloween costume this year. They didn't have a pair. As I was walking out of the store I glanced at the toy section and a RGB toy trap was just sitting there gleaming. I asked the clerk how much for it she said"$1.99. So I primed it painted it and added lights.

Here is a couple of pictures before its conversion...

Then I primed it and painted it black and silver.
The lights I added were 2 of them. On the red flashing light I used a light that kids use when they go trick or treating so they won't get hurt it was $3, and a green kind of worm flashing light I found at Kroger for $3. The light I found at Kroger wouldn't fit inside like I wanted and low and behold I figured out how to take of the cover and all it was was fiberoptic green flashing wire. I think it turned out nicely.

Here is a video of how the lights turned out...
I think the green and red look so good together!

Thanks for reading!
By bustinforjesus
UltimateGBfan wrote:There was no need to make a second topic where you just quoted everything from your first topic,this is considered spam.
Sorry dude I'm new at this it won't happen again. I just wanted to help as many people I could before halloween. I didn't realize it was too much. Should I try to fix it or can I leave it for the time being. I really don't want to make anyone upset.
Thanks for letting me know.
By dukenobles
Thats awesome! Great trap! I'm currently begging one of my friends to go looking through his old storage building just so he can sell me his old toy trap!

and the lights are awesome!
By bustinforjesus
dukenobles wrote:Thats awesome! Great trap! I'm currently begging one of my friends to go looking through his old storage building just so he can sell me his old toy trap!

and the lights are awesome!
Thanks!
By Stroudy
joeghostbuster wrote:an original RGB trap for $1.99 ?! you lucky sonova... I wish I had some thrift stores near where I live. great job the trap, I want to do the same thing for halloween 2010, rather then build one.

Did you just stick the red light to the top?? Are the green tube's readily avaliable on the tinternet?

I can't afford to build scratch traps/packs and PKE's this year for halloween so just bought loads of RGB gear and am gonna convert the lot.

Want to add lights to the pack, trap and pke.

Cheers Mate
By bustinforjesus
Stroudy wrote:
joeghostbuster wrote:an original RGB trap for $1.99 ?! you lucky sonova... I wish I had some thrift stores near where I live. great job the trap, I want to do the same thing for halloween 2010, rather then build one.

Did you just stick the red light to the top?? Are the green tube's readily avaliable on the tinternet?

I can't afford to build scratch traps/packs and PKE's this year for halloween so just bought loads of RGB gear and am gonna convert the lot.

Want to add lights to the pack, trap and pke.

Cheers Mate
I know I just found stuff at kroger, dollar stores, etc. Just be creative with the halloween lights that come out. Also buy them early. Thanks for the compliments!

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]