By Cyland Props
Brought up in another thread I thought I would go ahead and start another thread more focused on the GB1 Traps here's some screen caps from the Blu-ray:

And the actual knobs:

I'm fairly certain that the two knobs are what was used.
By gbmickey
From what I see in the pics I'm pretty sure these are the very same knobs. I think I can see the white stripe on the gb1 trap (2nd pic)... Am I right?
By Cyland Props
I'll be posting a sales thread later today with some other items as well.

I also believe I found the smaller round knobs on the face but do not have them in hand.
By Filandrius
Yeah, those would be interesting also. There seems to be two sets of front knobs for the hero trap; there's the ones on the screen shot, and there's the ones on the hero trap in the reference section:

They're not the same at all. AJ actually sells the round ones in the shop. What about those? Are they correct?

And the tear drop knob on the other side? It's been identified, no? Is it different from one movie to the next? According to my research it's a Raytheon pointer knob, but I don't know the exact size or if it's skirted or not (I'm hesitating between the models MS91528-1P2B, 1K2B, 2P2B or 2K2B; 1 stands for .700 inches diameter, 2 stands for .900, P stands for no skirt, K stands for skirt) And what about the dial under the knob? Is it a simple painted washer, or what?

I think that's all the questions that I had about the trap knobs. :D
By jackdoud
Those front knobs are GB2 knobs Filandrius. The teardrop knob has been known for a long time. It's supposed to be skirted but those are hard to come by. Most people just get the regular and add a skirt:

It's the knob on the other side that changes.
By Filandrius
OK thanks, I wasn't sure. So the trap in the reference question is a GB2 trap? I was sure that it was a hero trap from GB1 (all-metal, red rods...)

For the tear drop knob, is it a MS91528-1K2B or a MS91528-2K2B? 2K2B seems a bit big.
By ChapterMasterTu'Shan
I'm not sure it's gloss black.

After looking at the specs again, I can't find a pointer with the angled skirt. What they call a skirt is just an extension off the bottom.
By mburkit
Filandrius wrote:Yeah, those would be interesting also. There seems to be two sets of front knobs for the hero trap; there's the ones on the screen shot, and there's the ones on the hero trap in the reference section:

They're not the same at all. AJ actually sells the round ones in the shop. What about those? Are they correct?

I think that's all the questions that I had about the trap knobs. :D
I don't doubt that that particular trap is a hero trap from GB1 but as with other props from the first movie, it could have possibly been retro fitted for the second movie, hence the different front knobs.

Another thing to also consider is that those are 2 different traps shown in the trapping scene in gb1. A rolling one, then the one with the lights that "opens". The one with lights that opens in that scene has the doors inset deeper into the body of the trap. And neither have the flat head screw in the front display box like the one in the reference section. If anything, the one in the reference section is probably the one from the containment unit demo scene in the first movie.

As for the actual subject as to what knobs are "accurate," I'm still not completely sure myself.
By Filandrius
ChapterMasterTu'Shan wrote:I'm not convinced it's a part of the knob.
Yep, me neither. Might be a discontinued dial for the knob, or it might be a simple black washer under the knob. That's the theory I subscribe to, myself.
mburkit wrote:
Filandrius wrote:I don't doubt that that particular trap is a hero trap from GB1 but as with other props from the first movie, it could have possibly been retro fitted for the second movie, hence the different front knobs.

Another thing to also consider is that those are 2 different traps shown in the trapping scene in gb1. A rolling one, then the one with the lights that "opens". The one with lights that opens in that scene has the doors inset deeper into the body of the trap. And neither have the flat head screw in the front display box like the one in the reference section. If anything, the one in the reference section is probably the one from the containment unit demo scene in the first movie.

As for the actual subject as to what knobs are "accurate," I'm still not completely sure myself.
Yeaaah... As far as we know, the trap from the Sedgewick scene didn't have a separate cartridge. Case in point: did the prop makers really went through the trouble of making a plug for the electronics in a cartridge trap? Don't think so. Methinks that the cartridge trap didn't even have electronics, and that the Sedgewick trap didn't have a removable cartridge.

As for the accuracy of the knobs, it's a real big mess; especially with the several hero traps for GB1 (that may or may not have been retrofitted for GB2) It's mostly guesswork at this point.
By AJ Quick
Filandrius wrote:They're not the same at all. AJ actually sells the round ones in the shop. What about those? Are they correct?
Cyland Props actually supplied me with those.. so I'd say they are right.
By Filandrius
Okeydokey. I was asking because they're EXACTLY the same as on the trap in the reference section, but they're not the same as the ones in the screen-caps. Just wanting to makes sense of it all (I did bought a set, after all :P)
By Cyland Props
OK lets see if I can straighten this out:

The GB1/GB2 trap seen in the referance section as well as the PH DC trap has the second movie trap knobs added , it seems that the GB1 traps just had the knobs glued on. I have photo with a trap in it and all the front knobs are missing and all you can see is glue rings around where the knobs were.

Another strange note is that the side plates on the GB1 traps only had bolts on the hero version, the stunt/ background version had no screws holding the plates on.

The tear drop knobs did come with the "dial" or "skirt" and they have a line on the face, I have one that Keith Marshall sent me years ago. I've just bought a whole lot of the tear drop knobs and matching amounts of the plain knobs with dial and machined the dials loose so I can attach them to the tear drops.
AJ Quick wrote:
Filandrius wrote:They're not the same at all. AJ actually sells the round ones in the shop. What about those? Are they correct?
Cyland Props actually supplied me with those.. so I'd say they are right.

Wow this is a sticky wicket, no they are not the correct ones but are a very good correct sized close match.
By CPU64
Keith still Ghostbusting?
I still have the caricature I made of him eons ago... Actually, I still have yours too!
By Crix
Soooo.. when should I be checking 'For Sale' for a knob thread?

Also, would you happen to have any better shots of the silver front knob from the ballroom scene? I see it sneaking around up in the corner of one of those pictures. :)
By Cyland Props
Crix wrote:Soooo.. when should I be checking 'For Sale' for a knob thread?

Also, would you happen to have any better shots of the silver front knob from the ballroom scene? I see it sneaking around up in the corner of one of those pictures. :)

Sale thread is up now http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 31&t=22381

Silver knob? I'm not sure that those are the correct ones, that one is from Battlestar Galactica but I think one of it's brothers is the correct ones.

For the legacy shell, what aspects are damage that[…]

Greetings

Welcome aboard, Samson! :)

At the moment my interest would be what sorts fo[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

I know very little about Five Nights at Freddy's […]