I have been upgrading some of my equipment lately and I noticed that my trap really needed to be changed. After doing some digging I found 2 of my original ghost traps from when I was a kid. Since I'm too broke to afford a good trap (personally I'm more impressed with the fan built units not the matty one) i started a conversion on one of these.
Here how it looked when I found it
sperated the parts and ready for paint
after about 2 days drying here they are painted
at this point I had painted the side plates and details siilver, I opted for the main hose connector and resistor to be gold colored to preplicate the look in the movie, but for some reason the paint really dried a very light gold, might do a wash on it eventually. I also wanted the front indicator to be red since I liked the way it looked, please excuse my poor hand painting skills, its been a while. You will notice that I had tried to paint the door yellow by hand. I didn;t like the way the paint dried and I thought that the glow-in-the-dark effect was pretty cool so I wiped off the paint after these were taken.
and the last few details that I've added, Painted the area around the front indicator silver, added a red and black triable to the side knob, I'm gunna add a third, I just hate painting with a toothpick. I also determined that the hand waqs too small and needed to be changed out so I cut a length of PVC pipe and attached it to the body, my hands arent that small anymore.
well thats where I stand after about 3 days worth of work, I'm still wanting to add a red led cap and toggle switch to the back and add some hex screws to the side plates for added detail