By hyperguyver2
I have been upgrading some of my equipment lately and I noticed that my trap really needed to be changed. After doing some digging I found 2 of my original ghost traps from when I was a kid. Since I'm too broke to afford a good trap (personally I'm more impressed with the fan built units not the matty one) i started a conversion on one of these.

Here how it looked when I found it

sperated the parts and ready for paint

after about 2 days drying here they are painted

at this point I had painted the side plates and details siilver, I opted for the main hose connector and resistor to be gold colored to preplicate the look in the movie, but for some reason the paint really dried a very light gold, might do a wash on it eventually. I also wanted the front indicator to be red since I liked the way it looked, please excuse my poor hand painting skills, its been a while. You will notice that I had tried to paint the door yellow by hand. I didn;t like the way the paint dried and I thought that the glow-in-the-dark effect was pretty cool so I wiped off the paint after these were taken.

and the last few details that I've added, Painted the area around the front indicator silver, added a red and black triable to the side knob, I'm gunna add a third, I just hate painting with a toothpick. I also determined that the hand waqs too small and needed to be changed out so I cut a length of PVC pipe and attached it to the body, my hands arent that small anymore.

well thats where I stand after about 3 days worth of work, I'm still wanting to add a red led cap and toggle switch to the back and add some hex screws to the side plates for added detail
DmsdyMachn liked this

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]