By Ecto-Wes
I decided to build a stunt trap for Halloween this year. It will just be for looks and will hook to my belt. It will light up, but the doors will not open. Working on a way to make it smoke with Co2 and some old paintball gun hoses, dunno how that's gonna work...I decided to omit the wheels too. I started it Friday night and should be able to finish it by next weekend. Here's my progress so far.

Sutton621, jackdoud, SPJ and 1 others liked this
By redfive1973
Very nice.
By Clark HD
This is brilliant and is something I'd very much like to attempt. Can I ask what was the thickness of the PVC you used and was it easy to cut with a modelling knife?

Thanks
By Ecto-Wes
Clark HD wrote:This is brilliant and is something I'd very much like to attempt. Can I ask what was the thickness of the PVC you used and was it easy to cut with a modelling knife?

Thanks
Thank You!

I'm using 1/8 inch pvc board. A sharp hobby knife works well, better to make 3 or 4 cuts not pressing hard to cut through it rather than one hard pass. heating it up with a hair dryer helps too. I am using left overs from my proton pack build. Hope this helps!
By Alex Newborn
Where does one find this PVC board?!!

I've been slowly amassing parts for a trap pedal, and eventually a trap as well.

But I was torn between what material to make the shape itself from, and this looks great!

Alex
By Ecto-Wes
Alex Newborn wrote:Where does one find this PVC board?!!

I've been slowly amassing parts for a trap pedal, and eventually a trap as well.

But I was torn between what material to make the shape itself from, and this looks great!

Alex
Hey there, this is where I found it locally http://www.breezeplastics.com, its 1/8 inch, and I bought it in a 4x8 foot sheet. There was enough for my proton pack, trap and I still have some left, might make another trap or a hover board, not sure yet.
By Ecto-1 fan
I believe this PVC is similar to plexiglass/acrylic, but a bit "softer."
If you have a TAP Plastics store close, they should have something. TAP has an online store, too, but I prefer to handle that type of material in person. The prices can vary bit from what is online.

I've seen a similar build in hobby store plywood (which is how I'm building my trap), but the PVC adds some neat characteristics.
Regardless. I LOVE this build!
By PssdffJay
How strong is it once it's glued? I thinking of building something proton pack related, don't want to say yet and ruin the surprise, and was wondering how well it holds up.

Are you just using contact cement?
By Ecto-Wes
PssdffJay wrote:How strong is it once it's glued? I thinking of building something proton pack related, don't want to say yet and ruin the surprise, and was wondering how well it holds up.

Are you just using contact cement?
Once it's glued and dried, it is very strong, I used purple pvc primer and pvc cement, works great. I built my proton pack the same way, it's a great material to work with! See my signature for my proton back build.
By Clark HD
Can I ask what if anything you used to fill the slight joins on the trap, for example where the edges meet on the box that has the light and switch on.

Cheers Clark
    Greetings from Montana

Hey and welcome

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

No issue with Spongeface keepalive and TalentCel[…]

After 2 years of this failed Walmart trap conversi[…]