By zombielucas
Over the last year or so I have been trying to figure out a way I can give back and contribute to the Ghostbusters' community. The way I have decided to do this is to create a service manual of sorts for easy reference. This forum has a lot of amazing information, that sometimes can be hard to track down if you don't know what you are looking for. Maybe having a hub for the basic "get you started" info would be helpful for new Ghostbusters.

I figured a Ghost Trap was a good place to start. Plus, who doesn't love Ghost Traps?

My vision is the site would have a section of the trap separated out, with measurements and a parts list. The parts list would reference back to GBFans sellers, including GBFans shop itself. I have spoke with Nickatron, Throwing Chicken and Vincenzo330 about linking to their products from my site, and they are all on board. If all goes well with the Ghost Trap, I would love to move onto other props, including the pack.

To show I have the chops, to myself mostly, I created a service manual cover and interior page to flesh out a look and feel. I tried to match the period it would've been made, in the mid 1980's. Maybe this would be a manual sent out to new franchises? Being that it had lasted since the 80's, I beat her up a little bit too. The website would be similar, but much sleeker.

KoCo, Dougger, Demon Vice Commander and 6 others liked this
By PssdffJay
I love this plan!!

That totally feels like an old vcr manual that is shoved in a drawer somewhere that is found when you're cleaning out a closet you haven't been in in years! It's perfect!
Spengs liked this
By JoeLuna33
I'm on board with this idea. If we have a printer by trade here on the site maybe you guys could hook up and produce physical copies that we could have for display items. Pack/thrower, PKE, etc. Nice work :crunch:
By Spengs
That's pretty awesome, for what was Ghostbusters International (this year Ghostbusters Incorporated) I had pictured something similar for off-line and would have been part of the site. It would have been part of the Franchise 'Start Up' Kit.

I don't know if you're planning on starting a site to host these once they're finished. As Ghostbusters Incorporated is firing on most cylinders :p if you'd like me to host them at GB Inc. I can.

Either way look forward to seeing your progress. 8)
By zombielucas
Thanks for the compliments everyone.

I will also keep the Ghostbusters International stuff in mind. I have already bought a domain and have set up a server, but I'm sure we can find a way to work together and cross promote on it.

I actually have a giclee printer, my wife does fine art prints for her paintings. If there was interest in either of these two items, I could do a small run and offer them on here.
By Spengs
Sure, even if you use your own domain/server, I could write about your site and/or updates, and add link(s) to GB Inc.
By Silverstreak
Awesome, I love the weathered look of the manual. However I'm not entirely sure Egon would simply call the device a 'ghost trap'....I think he and Ray would have technobabble names for all the gear. The trap might be called "Portable Containment Unit" or some such.
By zombielucas
Silverstreak wrote:Awesome, I love the weathered look of the manual. However I'm not entirely sure Egon would simply call the device a 'ghost trap'....I think he and Ray would have technobabble names for all the gear. The trap might be called "Portable Containment Unit" or some such.
Good point. Maybe that could be a subtitle or something?
By LandoSystem
If I recall correctly, Ray calls it a muon trap in the video game. I personally think "ghost trap" is just fine.
I bet the film script is filled with technobabble you can use.

I love this franchise starter pack thing. I always imagined the Ghostbusters would have starter kits for franchises complete with poorly produced instructional videos and huge stacks of densely scientific guides and pamphlets. I imagine "Start your own Ghostbusters franchise TODAY!" ads playing on tv at 3am and the whole thing being like a pyramid scheme.
Spengs liked this
By Spengs
I know it is and would have been different, the second 'evolution' of the Ghostbusters Spooktacular at Universal Studios had a Franchise Seminar complete with cheesy informercial.

I didn't originally plan to write about it, (sorta a review) made sense at the time. If anyone is interested, here's a link.
https://ghostbustersinc.wordpress.com/2 ... ranchises/
LandoSystem liked this
By Nicholszz
This = Yes
By Lewis Tully
I love this! Very well done!

But are the cartridges disposable? The wording there is a little weird. Not trying to be a downer, but you don't want to have a lot of lost equipment when some Rookie comes in and starts throwing all your cartridges away. That'll get expensive quick. ;)

Again, great job! I'd love to see more, and see more equipment done like this!

The_Y33TER , since the majority of the maker scen[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]

A little sneak preview of one of the bedrock parts[…]

Where do the other ends of the red/yellow wire[…]