By ecto_skywalker
That's awesome! What kind of paint did you use on the rubber pedal? I would think standard spray paint would crack when you step on the pedal... ecto96 did something similar that looks friggin' sweet! ecto96, if you're reading this post, I'd like to know what paint you used on the pedal as well.
By secrecyguy
I don't know what he used on his but for me when I buy a RGB Ghost trap, I will use a black bumper paint that you can find at most auto stores. It is specailly made to paint car bumpers.

They also sell a special paint that you use first that helps the paint stick on the surface better.

That's what I will use.
By 1965Ambulance
I saw a bunch of these traps on here and i figured it'd be an easy way out of making a buttload of detailed ones, but the main problem with the RGB traps is that they're just too small. They're like less than half the size of a real one. I was pretty disappointed in it.
By SlackerDaf
Yeah, regular spray paint does crack and remain tacky, on the pedal. You need to use an acrylic based paint, I think (but don't quote me on that) Well, something that sticks to rubber, anyway!

The RGB traps are small, I'll admit, but it does the job. The only person who'll notice the difference is you, and any other hardcore GB proppers. I've worn the RGB trap out as it looks good, and gets a good response from people.
By Master Taran
Besides, you could always say it's some type of "economy sized" trap for catching ghosts. Or perhaps a more advanced trap that is just as good as the older model, but smaller (ie, takes less storage space).
By 1965Ambulance
I guess so. The pictures of the painted ones are pretty impressive. It's just the cost of them on ebay are a little outrageous sometimes.
By Master Taran
Outrageous? Not really, at least not compared the price of building a screen accurate trap, or especially compared to buying an accurate pre-built trap or kit. According to ebay's record of recent auctions, the highest price that a trap has been sold for was like $36. Recently, they seem to have been sold in a range of $10-30, which isn't bad compared to how much it'd cost to build one yourself (which is probably like ten times that amount). Of course, around Halloween the price would probably be higher.
By Ecto96
Like I said in my thread about the GBJS traps, we're going to call ours minitraps that have their pro's and con's. So far as in my pedal, the paint I used was the Krylon fusion, that stuff that sticks good to rubber. It was tacky for a while, but dried soon enough, and I've been using the pedal to show off the trap, and it hasn't cracked yet, the stuff works wonders. So far as in the paint on my trap, I used model paint, which sticks pretty well while being handled, but a good strong rub of something other than flesh and it comes off, but hey, that's why you call 'touch ups' touch ups right? Hope this info helps you guys.
By 1965Ambulance
Master Taran wrote: According to ebay's record of recent auctions, the highest price that a trap has been sold for was like $36. Recently, they seem to have been sold in a range of $10-30,

I ran one up to over $45 in December. That's way too much for something like that.

At some point, probably just better off opening up[…]

Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with dis[…]

Preview for #2 on DH's page. https://www.darkhors[…]

PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?