Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
On Saturday March 21st, 2009 the Arizona Ghostbusters attended Nathan's 6th Birthday party. Nathan's mother contacted us awhile back after they saw us in the Fiesta Bowl Parade about attending the party. We haven't attended a birthday party in several years. The party was already planned to be Ghostbusters themed and Nathan was already a huge fan, so we decided to make an appearance to make it extra memorable for him. We all remember having Ghostbuster themed parties and wanting busters to show up.

Nathan's mother put an amazing amount of work into the party. They rented a blow up screen to show the movie in the back yard at night. For activities, they set up a slime making station for us to help the kids make their own slime. Nathan's mom somehow managed to track down a ghost pinata that we helped the kids "bust." Almost every kid at the party was sporting a GB shirt and each had a GB goody bag. We made special buttons for everyone at the party and gave all the kids our Stay-Puft Marshmallow bags. An awesome GB logo cake was made for Nathan. It was a great party and a hopeful sign Ghostbusters will be passed on to another generation.

With the party goers

With the birthday boy

Making slime

The next generation

With our slime lab technician, the guys decided to put the slime on themselves

Ghostbusting

Busted

The kids watching the movie, their expressions are priceless

Cake

With Nathan's awesome Mother
Last edited by jettajeffro on March 27th, 2009, 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thanks everyone, as being a fairly new member to the team this was my first birthday appearance. I know the guys are sometimes hesitant to do birthdays as not to exploit themselves but the Kid Nathan and his mother were wonderful and simply were a pleasure to have at our prior event. Nathan was such a huge fan and was extremely stoked when he met us in person.

I remember how my mom went out of her way to throw me a huge Ghostbusters party but a group like this was the only thing missing when I was a kid so I jumped on the chance to make my dream as a child com true for Nathan!
Thanks everyone. This really did mean alot to us to be a part of. Putting smiles on people's faces is what our goal is and I believe we accomplished it that day.

I was actually wondering about that too Zack. I didn't get it when I was a kid.

I remember my GB themed party was at Chuck E Cheese back in 89 and they were upset we were using GB decorations and cake and not theirs. As a result Chuck E Cheese did not visit my party but I was hoping for GB's to show up instead.
Hell, I almost wish we lived in Az. I'd love for you guys to be a part of my son's 3rd b-day..
We're out here in CA though.
He watches RGB with me all the time.. He loves the hell outta Slimer.
How much do you guys charge? Assuming you do charge anyway..
We never charge for any appearances we make. Nathan's Mom did make a donation to Jerry's Kids Shamrock Sale when we were doing a fundraiser for them, but that was out of respect for our charity work. Knowing everyone and the kids had a good time and memories is our reward. It sounds hokey but it's the truth.

As for doing something in Cali, there are some busters over there I believe.
That's pretty awesome. I think helping out is more respectable than getting paid. So many people now a days are getting better at thinking about others rather than themselves. I'm proud to hear there are philanthropists amongst all the fellow GB fans. I've yet to find CA GBs.. Google searching at the moment. ;-) I'm hoping to find them soon..
I want to surprise my son.

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]