Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By d_osborn
The new images were from an eBay auction that I unfortunately didn't see until it had already sold. Bummer! There were 13 negatives in the auction, so hopefully those will surface, as well.

Alex, I want to say that the shots started popping up when the original photographer posted them on a stock/editorial image sales site. It looks like there were several photographers snapping away, so who knows. I wonder if this was the wrap party where Weaver read the poem that's printed at the end of Making Ghostbusters. Here are a few others...

ECTO87, Hasford1978 liked this
By Alex Newborn
Excellent, thanks for those, I've added them to my FB set.

Interestingly, I just Googled something almost entirely unrelated ("Stephen King Ghostbusters") and up popped a slight variant of the third photo from the top of this page.

See? In the one originally posted above, Dan's head is facing the other way.

Plus, you can see other photographers hands/cameras at the bottom of the frame.

Too bad about missing that auction. Hope the images turn up.

Alex
By Spengler02
Yeah! Maybe he was keeping in character and slipped off some place to file his molds.
By jackdoud
Not sure if I've seen some of these here before or not. Some are new to my collection and some are just larger/different formats

Last edited by Kingpin on February 24th, 2015, 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed forum stretching
*NormalGamer* liked this
By Spengler02
Wow! I really wish my computer would charge so I could save them to my PC (I'm on my Mac).
jackdoud wrote:Image
It looks like someone used their editing software to cut the door logo out and flop it mirror image. Faint traces of a telltale square around it where the white tones don't quite mesh.

This may be how it looked when it was originally snapped:

I can't figure out why they would have flopped the logo, unless this was for a British publication?

And where was this snapped? That rock wall behind makes me think it's on an LA backlot.

Alex
By d_osborn
Alex Newborn wrote:It looks like someone used their editing software to cut the door logo out and flop it mirror image. Faint traces of a telltale square around it where the white tones don't quite mesh.

And where was this snapped? That rock wall behind makes me think it's on an LA backlot.
Correct on both! These are promo pics from Columbia that were shot at (what I'm guessing is) The Burbank Studios/WB lot. I'm not sure why the logo was flipped, but if I had to guess, it would be for an international article.

Peter Mosen scanned some of the promo shots a few years ago. Cool thread!
http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 89&t=30195
GhostbustersMex liked this
Definitely the best thread. Second best would be a tie between the 'How did I miss that' and 'How did I miss that GBII edition'.
When I googled pictures for another film I like Christine I found this site. After that I searched for other films including Ghostbusters and I found some GB pics at the site below that I never seen before so I wanted to give a heads up. It has different countries posters as well.

You have to click on the pictures and then use the arrows to see all of the pics for each part. Also click the part of the window that shows the actual size button.

I hope it's ok to give the link.

http://movies.film-cine.com/
By Sav C
Many of these shots I haven't seen before and it's great to see all of them, thanks everyone for sharing!

Some of those above black and whites are very contrasty, I wonder if they were self developed? I literally just got into shooting 35mm film stills, and should be getting my first roll back sometime in the next two weeks :)
Sav C wrote:Some of those above black and whites are very contrasty, I wonder if they were self developed? I literally just got into shooting 35mm film stills, and should be getting my first roll back sometime in the next two weeks :)
Enjoy the hobby! Film photography is super fun.

Most of the contrasty black and white photos are scanned in from a copy of Making Ghostbusters. Others are scans from a superfan named Lanny White. Cool dude!
Alex Newborn wrote:Oh wow, I really want one of those Commodore posters. Anyone recall what issue had it?
My Amiga was a hand down from my artist uncle. He gave me a ton of software and old issues of Amiga World. I'm not sure which issue it was exactly, but maybe that'll help!
Sav C liked this
By Sav C
d_osborn wrote:Enjoy the hobby! Film photography is super fun.
Thanks. I just got the roll back today, and unfortunately it didn't expose, as I probably didn't hook it into the take up roll right. I had shot one roll before it, and didn't press the rewind button, so it snapped at the canister. At least none of the shots were important. Three's a charm, so fingers crossed the next one works out.
Most of the contrasty black and white photos are scanned in from a copy of Making Ghostbusters. Others are scans from a superfan named Lanny White. Cool dude!
Good to know, he sounds cool.
Sav C wrote:
d_osborn wrote:Enjoy the hobby! Film photography is super fun.
Thanks. I just got the roll back today, and unfortunately it didn't expose, as I probably didn't hook it into the take up roll right. I had shot one roll before it, and didn't press the rewind button, so it snapped at the canister. At least none of the shots were important. Three's a charm, so fingers crossed the next one works out.
Dude, the same thing happened on my first roll of 35mm!
Sav C liked this
Positron Props GB1 Pack Build

Awesome!! Good luck on your build! Tom's shell i[…]

Trailer posted for release for the Frozen Empire u[…]

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]