Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By larrydavid
What did you think of Ghostbusters 2?

Did you...

Love it,

Like it,

Hate it,

or you haven't seen it.
By zebrapix
Disappointed, for the most part. I felt it spent too much time trying to play to the kids. The story wasn't very good, but the characters and chemistry were still there.
By fifth_beatle
Liked it. That's sort of a "middle-of-the-road" answer, I know. But, it stuck with the original formula of the first movie, and that works. Also, there are some really good scenes in it: the courtroom ghosts and the investigation of Oscar being my favorites.
~5B
By RoboProp
Never saw it. Heard it was good though. :wink:

Darrin
By Zack
loved it. Probably different peoples feelings might depend on how old they were. But yeah I feel Dan Aykroyd made what he felt was the sequel to Ghostbusters so it feels like the sequel to me. I can see some stuff that other people wouldn't like but it never bothered me. The Vigo/slime worked for me when I was 6 or 7 and it still does.

-Zack
By lucas2600b
Loved it, saw it in the Theatre as a kid so I really liked this one. GB1 is still my fave though, man did I wear out that BetaMax tape :) And I loved RGB when it first started, but I noticed the quality diminish the last couple seasons.
By Radar
larrydavid wrote: or you haven't seen it.

I think you're underestimating the users of this website...a little. :P
By Janoszpoha
I have to admit i never really noticed any bad points! when i was younger i thought the statue coming to life was pretty far fetched, and the story focused more on Peter and Dana's relationship than the actual ghostbusting, but now i just don't care.

Love it! :D
By ecto_skywalker
I love it!!!

As I've said before, I was too young to go see the first one in the theater or to remember the hype around it. But I definitely remember all of the excitment of Ghostbusters II.

I remember the first time I found out about there would be a GB2. I was walking out of a Denny's when I was 8 years old and looked at the news stand and what was on the front page? The announcement of GB2. I cut out the article and saved it. In fact I had just found it again last summer, here is a scan.

Funny I never remember reading the article on the back. But it mentions MTV giving away the Ghostbusters Ectomobile. Does anyone remember that?... Here's a scan of the article, hopefully it's legible.

By prototype7
I liked it! I was 10 when it came out in theatres and it was a decent sequel... not the best that ever was though! Still, we got to see alot more shots of the packs and that's always good!
The first one is by far the favorite though! When I was about 8 there was a HUGE blizzard in my town. Everything was shut down for a week and a half! I sat in my house and would watch my old VHS of GB over and over. I think I drove my mother CRAZY! As soon as it would end I would rewind it and watch it again... like 3 times a day for about 2 or 3 days. :D I would sit there and watch and build little ghost gadgets out of whatever I could find around the house! Oh the memories!
By Chace
The ectomobile given away by MTV wasnt either of the ones in the film but a replica built by the studio out of a '68 M+M combo, it was recently sold online, but only fetched the average price of that year model combo.
By larrydavid
Hey Radar, I wrote that last option mostly as a joke, but as you may have notticed Roboprop wrote that he never saw it.
By GB Ty
Greatest movie known to man-kind. Ghostbusters2 is my favorite out of them.
By ecto_skywalker
larrydavid wrote: Hey Radar, I wrote that last option mostly as a joke, but as you may have notticed Roboprop wrote that he never saw it.

If I know Roboprop... he was serious. :wink:
By Spooky
I love it

Yeah its not as good as the first but what sequal is? In general I think it can stand up to the first though. Its a decent story and has some great scenes in it.
By RoboProp
larrydavid wrote: Hey Radar, I wrote that last option mostly as a joke, but as you may have notticed Roboprop wrote that he never saw it.

I was totally joking too, of course I saw it.

It was good...

...FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!

Childish, I know. :roll:

Darrin
By ecto_skywalker
Central Ga Ghostbusters wrote: The ectomobile given away by MTV wasnt either of the ones in the film but a replica built by the studio out of a '68 M+M combo, it was recently sold online, but only fetched the average price of that year model combo.

Interesting...

Does anyone have any pictures?
By GhostbustersFan22
omg i love Ghostbusters II its was awesome the special effects , "were" cool and the "two" things that were cool 1. The Titanic scene
There's some docksupervisor down at pier 34 so what's a matter with him? He said the Titanic just arrived.
Well better late then ever.
at that scene with the passangers of the ship i paused the movie and just glimpsed at the details and very 1912 details and i just looked over at the hole, i said Holy Shit no wonder it sanked fast, and the number 2 cool scene was the Ghostbusters Reanimating the Statue Of Liberty like it moving, the torch exploding , feet moving, and then it walking in the ocean now picture this u and ur gf out in the ocean ex: Boating, Sailing, or just swimming, and then u hear a loud movement u turn and see it coming and say WTF :shock: Shit look, in my opinion if it really happend and i saw that coming towards me id be like scared shitless, i mean this thing is massive.
By malcolmhoaz
RoboProp wrote:

I was totally joking too, of course I saw it.

It was good...

...FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!

Childish, I know. :roll:

Darrin

childish, yet funny at the same time :)
By Donkey8012
When I was younger, I really loved this movie. I didn't like it more than the first one on my top ten fav movies, but it was still way up there. However, after viewing it several times between now and then, my opinion has greatly changed. The movie has weak points that make it inferior to the first movies in my opinion. That being said, I still like it. I can still appreciate the guys making a sequel. I'm gonna go with "like". I liked the movie.
By Quendor
hawaiiangb wrote: Rick Moranis in a ghostbusters uniform.........Can't get any better than that.

I always thought it was funny that he was in Egon's uniform.
By CAZAFANTASMA
7 things that exploted in my brain with a "WTF" shout:

1-Slimmer is horrible. Looked it was made out of plastic!
2-Statue of liberty walking! How the heck she managed to jump from where she is standing , to the ground and then to the floor... i remember people in the theather went "Cmoooon!!!!!!!!"
3-The painting at the end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And none of them seems to be astonished by it!!! And they are all pumped up!
4- You don´t see them busting ghosts till 20 minutes later in the court scene!!! And they´re not even wearing an uniform!!!!!!!!!!! (still that scene is amazing)
5-Vigo looked like Sammy Hagar to me... every time he spoked, i could hear him singing "We´ll get higher.. and higher .... " So he wasn´t really spooky....
6-The finall confrontation is boring... and poorly written... it´s like "Danny, whe have to deliver the script tomorrow, did you finish it????" "AWWWW! no! ok, i´ll write this 3 last pages"! I´ts all in interiors, nothing in the "whrath of god " kind of mood.
7-Looks like their budget wasn´t big like in the first movie...

BUt back then i enjoyed the movie .
By jimbo7
prototype7 wrote: I liked it! I was 10 when it came out in theatres and it was a decent sequel... not the best that ever was though! Still, we got to see alot more shots of the packs and that's always good!
The first one is by far the favorite though! When I was about 8 there was a HUGE blizzard in my town. Everything was shut down for a week and a half! I sat in my house and would watch my old VHS of GB over and over. I think I drove my mother CRAZY! As soon as it would end I would rewind it and watch it again... like 3 times a day for about 2 or 3 days. :D I would sit there and watch and build little ghost gadgets out of whatever I could find around the house! Oh the memories!

hell yea...i remember doing that...id sit and watch the 1st movie....and rotate GB toys...once i got 5 to 10 more ghosts under my belt in the firehouse....it was time to watch the movie again....growing up SUCKS!!!!
By greatestescaper
i liked the movie....as a sequel it was great...but compared to the first it was lacking....the courtroom scene was the best....i wish that Mr Pecker...excuse me Peck was ther to see it

i think that that scene should have been in the first one....like right after he comes in with the court order...

and yes i completely agree...growing up sucks....tuesday i was at my grandmothers and was bored outta my mind, (i forgot to bring ghostbusters n the blueprints to watch n work on my pack :( ), and i thought if i was under the age of ten i could spend hours in that house without any toys and never once be bored....growing up is horrible.....
By RayGBuster
loved it. thought it could be better....but loved. what would u change about it?
By Hasford1978
I loved this movie when it came out as i was around 11 years old & again had a big influence on me as GB1 did!
I just love the overall feel good mood of the movie & all the actors did a great job at bringing the story & characters alive, i watched it again recently & i think its on the same equal terms as the first movie in my eyes!!

When i first saw it & even now what i love is the "freshness" of GB2, what i mean by that is the new looking uniforms with a cool looking yellow box on the belt (always wanted one), the excellent Ecto-1 & this time with a new name & great colourful lights on the roof, with added sign boards (i so wish this Ecto model was released along with the die-cast Ecto-1 from a handful of years ago), i loved the montage during the middle of the movie after the courtroom battle, the montage was as great as the first movie & i love the version of GB by RUN DMC
These are what makes GB2 special to me, oh & the coutroom battle has to be my favourite scene!!
By Dooth
i, too, love the movie. I even think the story was better with the mood slime and all.. awesome

only downpoint is the rushed ending... everything else is great..

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]

At some point, probably just better off opening up[…]

Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with dis[…]