Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
There's a thread on the GB2 forum about a random prop found in tv shows and commercials. That made me wonder if there were other props from both movies apearing places. I know the library ghost was in a horror movie and I heard the giga meter was addapted from a different prop. Anything else?
No idea, they mention it in the GB commentary. Fright Night is one of my favorite movies and I can never tell where they used it. I have a few theories. I'll find some screen gabs and post them.
Even though this might not be a puppet, it's the only "creature" in the movie that looks remotely close to the library ghost. If anyone knows for sure let me know.

This is another option, but less likely
You know it is one of my fav movies as well! I was so happy that I was able to track down the soundtrack album this year just in time for Halloween! Did you like the remake? I wonder if it could have somehow been the bat creature at the end of the movie
(obviously small for the library ghost but you know how movie magic effects can fool the eye) . Hmm...interesting nonetheless. :whatever:
The PKE Meter was also seen on an episode of The Fall Guy...

That's Vincent Schiavelli holding it... which makes me laugh, because he was a pretty memorable 'ghost' in the movie 'Ghost', so that meter should be going off like a triphammer!

Also of note, the pattern of lights on the 'wings' was sequential in this appearance. They went 1234567, different from either the GB1 or GB2 patterns.

Alex
Sutton621 wrote:Even though this might not be a puppet, it's the only "creature" in the movie that looks remotely close to the library ghost. If anyone knows for sure let me know.

This is another option, but less likely
Yeah, neither of those look like puppets. They're more like makeups.

I knew I'd seen the puppet being discussed, took me a minute to find the right source...

From the book Making Ghostbusters by Don Shay, p. 29:

"Mark Wilson sculpts a final, even more ferocious form for the [librarian] ghost, which was deemed superfluous and never completed. Ultimately, the design was incorporated into a subsequent EEG project - Fright Night."

I haven't seen FN in ages... anything resembling this critter in there?

Alex
I have never seen that pic before, that's pretty awesome.

After seeing that I guess the only possible puppet would be this

but even that doesn't look quite right, maybe it wasn't used in the final cut, or maybe it was really altered.
Chace wrote:Even though it was released in '82 I always thought this one from Poltergeist looked similar.....Though now seeing them side by side....not so much.

That one was done by ILM. I've spotted it hanging from a frame in a few shots of the Lucasfilm Archives, among table after table of Star Wars spaceships.

Alex
I was just watching a cartoon called Bob's Burgers on Netflix, and in episode 12 "Lobsterfest", the health inspector brandishes a "dairy purity spectrometer" to see if the melted butter vat that Bob fell into is contaminated.

And I thought, hey... wait a second...

Looks an awful lot like a Realistic Sound Level Meter in animated form.

Alex
I haven't seen it in a while and I only skimmed this thread, but didn't Chris Sarandon's character turn into a giant demon-like creature after being defeated at the end of Fright Night? I could be wrong, but couldn't that possibly be the unused library ghost?
Not an entire prop, but I just noticed some proton pack parts in Gremlins for the first time...

Right after finding Barney the dog hanging from the porch Christmas lights, we see Billy Peltzer and his mom drying the pooch off while dad Rand Peltzer (Hoyt Axton) tests out several of his problematic inventions.

Notice the three Clippard valves on this pneumatic hammer.

Sorry for the crappy photos, I'm working with an older camera at the moment.

Alex
Yeah clippard makes a wide variety of valves. Being based here in Cincinnati my shop uses loads of them...which is where I got my valves for my pack ; ) its an R-332 which is identical to the R-331

Sent from my PG86100 using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
I always thought the puppet in fright night was used for the cover / movie poster. I've never seen it ( I know shame!) But it's what I think every time I pass it on Netflix

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
Found the movie 'Sneakers' on Netflix last night, hadn't seen it in a long time, thought I'd give it a try.

It's a really good movie. If you've never seen it, I highly recommend it.

Stands to reason that in a gadget-filled movie with Dan Aykroyd, there'd have to be at least one piece of tech also seen in Ghostbusters, right?

(Wow, how did Dan Aykroyd get his name above Sidney Poitier's in the opening credits, anyway?)

Sure enough, about an hour and a half into the movie, Robert Redford lowers a sensor down from a crawlspace behind some thermal detectors...

And it's a Realistic Sound Level Meter with some minor dressing to the 'microphone' end and some clips for his wires on the bottom.

Alex
Alex Newborn wrote:

That one was done by ILM. I've spotted it hanging from a frame in a few shots of the Lucasfilm Archives, among table after table of Star Wars spaceships.
Finally found a pic...

It's from one of the documentaries on the Star Wars 9-disc Blu-Ray set.

Alex
Alright after popping in the DVD I grabbed the following caps.
Note: I had to touch them up in photoshop because it was hard to see the detail with the flames around the face.
This Post Contains Spoilers

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]