Thanks!

We are now over 60,000 votes. That means each photo has on average 10 votes each. Of course that data is skewed because lots of users did not make it all the way through (the first screen shots of GB have over a hundred votes each, the middle and end could have less than 10).

I have been working a bit behind the scenes to prepare for the next steps. I will keep voting online though for another week or two. If you vote on the images now you will notice the inclusion of subtitles for each image with dialog. Slowly now the bad images will be removed manually based on votes (they will not be voted upon anylonger).

Then a new part of the process will come online in a week or two.

That part will most likely be photo tagging. You will help tag the screen shots with helpful items. So for example if there is a shot with the 4 Ghostbusters standing by the containment unit.. you would make the following tags: "Dr. Peter Venkman, Dr. Ray Stantz, Dr. Egon Spengler, Winston Zeddemore, Containment Unit, Twinkie." The potential uses of this method will become apparent in future steps. It should evolve based on user input and what you guys think is important in each screenshot. (You may want to also tag them with "Dan Aykroyd, Bill Murray.. etc")

There is a lot more fun to be had!
Wombatneil wrote:
Dr. Ray Stantz wrote:Anyone else reciting the movie in their head as you flip through? hahaha
You wanna hear something really bad, I've seen GB1 so often I don't watch it with the regular audio track anymore, just the commentary track. And I've seen it so many times, I can quote parts of the commentary tracks while going through the pictures.
Yeah, I was deafinetly reciting the movie while flipping through the pics. I'm in the same boat on the commentary thing as well, glad to see I'm not the only one lol
Ghostbuster J wrote:All done with GB1, moving on to GB2. Something I'm noticing, the "subtitles" on GB2 aren't nearly as accurate as GB1, you're killing me AJ. lol
That's true.

They aren't lined up perfectly and they are written short hand. That's one of the things we'll need to work to improve!
Just giving you a hard time anyways, I know most of the lines without looking at the subtitles anyways. Seems like a lot of these are gonna be some awesome reference pics, so that makes it a little more bearable going through 6000 pics lol
I have now re-written parts of the voting system to work a bit differently.

I have deleted several pictures from Ghostbusters and am gonna go through and delete the ones that are obviously bad. This means those who decide to go and start rating now will basically just be left with good images and duplicates! Making things easier... not to mention a lot quicker to go through!
Just going through some results... and wow. I kind of lost hope for this project based on how people are voting.

There are SO MANY images where people have voted for keeping when the image is horribly blurry or completely pointless to keep. While there are perfectly good and unique images that are voted as a delete.

Here is an example.. Keep or Delete?

Nearly 70% wanted this image deleted... why?

It was the only image of Slimer charging towards Venkman. If it was bad.. if it was a delete then it should have been marked as "Request Better" as its the only shot of Slimer charging at Venkman. Why did so many people want this image deleted?

Is the voting not clear? Too complicated? Are people just pressing Keep / Delete randomly to get rewarded or to be funny?

And what about this image? Is it a Keep or Delete?

86% of you said this was a kick ass image and should be kept. Why?
both of those pictures boggled my mind the votes they were getting. thats why i posted 4 really stupid 100% keep pictures. i literally saw atleast a hundred absolutely useless stills at 70% or better for keep.
that slimer pic was a really good one, i saved that one and all the other ones for reference just in case the knuckleheads voted them off.

i wish there was a write up option too, instead of "request better" that way we can say like " i want to see slimer going down the hall way as close as it can possibly get before the cut"
A pure democracy is always a disaster. I noticed the current vote count as I went through, and I thought there was no way the count could be accurate.
AJ, are you 100% sure that the pictures we are seeing is what we are voting for?

I know there had to be some issues on GB2 based of what i was voting vs the outcome.

some amazing screens where getting weird scores (delete or blurry, when they were fine or not blurry)

i hope this works out, its going to be a real treat for us gb fans :cool:
freeboot wrote:i didn't see anyone else mention this so maybe it's just me, but i'll click on "jump to: where you left off" and it brings me to images i've already voted on
Are you finished?

Or perhaps you just skipped one and it brought you there. Click it again it should bring you forward to the next one you haven't done (after you vote on the one you haven't done).
ok i just went through and searched for any ones i didn't vote on, then found a bunch right before the one it kept bringing me back to, and now that i did those ones it's bringing me elsewhere...still to one that i've already done, but at least not the same one =)
I figured out why it doesn't go to the image that you need to do... however writing a solution would take quite a long time.

I think we are gonna be done with voting soon. The images will be cleaned up and then a new part of this whole process will come online in the next few days.
We are now on Step #2.

Step #2: Tag images with useful information..

Now that the screen captures are all done (and for the most part sorted through). I have added a system that will allow you to tag the images with useful information. Useful information are things that people would be searching for later on. They include: Character Names, Actor Names, Locations (Filming locations, and fictional locations), Props / Equipment (if it has a Proton Pack in the shot tag Proton Pack).

That's pretty much it. Several of the screen caps have been done already. We recommend clicking the "Go to next screenshot without any tags" button. Do not post duplicate tags. Do not tag descriptions. Do not tag quotes. Hopefully just 1 or 2 people can go through and tag things then there will only be a few things for people to tag.

Ghostbusters: http://www.gbfans.com/ghostbusters/timeline/tags/beta/
Ghostbusters 2: http://www.gbfans.com/ghostbusters-2/ti ... tags/beta/

It is very important that you use existing tags. We have pre-populated it with several tags. For example we have tagged "Dr. Peter Venkman". Please use "Dr. Peter Venkman" as the tag. Do not tag with "Peter Venkman" or "Pete Venkman" or "Venkman" this will result in multiple tags and will not be helpful.
Some ideas for a plan of attack.

Choose a tag and then find all occurances of that tag.

So lets say I want to go tag "Steven Tash".. that's the guy that played the nerd that gets shocked in the beginning. I would go to that section and just find shots of him.

It took about 3 minutes to go through and tag these: http://www.gbfans.com/ghostbusters/time ... even-tash/

The same thing could be done for Jennifer / Jennifer Runyon, the Mayor, Walter Peck, the PKE Meter.. etc. Go get em!

I have a full sized spirit pack, and I have the gh[…]

If you need any clarification at all, PM me or […]

Proton Props UK

Good decision to lift the ban! By the way: I think[…]

I'd use some putty. Yeah. I'm sorry, I'm not […]