Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By Mr. D.
From the "Can't believe I never noticed this..." in the GB1 forum was talking about deleted scenes on the DVD.

Now we know at least some of the Ray being possessed and speeding through the town was filmed, because it is in the montage. But was the full scene ever put on DVD or out to the public?
I really wish the ECTO-1A Stantz scene was in the final cut of GB II.the scene itself must have been very dark.i remember reading in a GB II book and i quote:Zeddemore (Are you crazy man your gonna to kill somebody) (Stantz's eyes glow bright red) (No...i'm going to kill everybody,with a evil smile) :angryvigo:.the scene IMO may have been pulled due to it being to scary for the kiddies.....but damn that would have been cool to see.also not sure if i'm right on this but Zeddemore had to knock the sh*t out of Stantz to take control of the ECTO-1A before it hit a tree :whatever:
By Mr. D.
td9993 wrote:If you find the Real Ghostbusters movie adaptation, it has the full scene.

Comic or cartoon?
By Mr. D.
Fritz wrote: The RGB/GB2 adaptation. Scans of it can be found here

The scene in question:

http://www.gbfans.com/real-ghostbusters ... 2-of-3/21/

Interesting. I am with John Stevens 87 though. I wish they had released it on film.

By dmolson89
i agree that would have been quite the focal turn around for the movie and considering that they had him techincally possessed twice first time partially and then at the end fully... i think it would of made a great plot point to add the possessed ecto scene into the movie..... that deleted scene actually makes sense to the story compared to the pointless scenes that made the deleted scenes on the GB 1 blu ray
By Mr. D.
cowbybill wrote:It would be cool to see that scene as well as the cut scenes of Louis in the fire house. We can only hope if and when the blu ray is released they will be included

Yeah and maybe they will be smart and put it on DVD's too. Tiered of companies only putting features on BluRay.
By Mr. D.
dmolson89 wrote:ive also noticed if you read the GB2 storybook with all the photo's in it they left the scene in the book....

OMG. I have that book but never read it till you mentioned that.
By AJ Quick
Mr. D. wrote:
cowbybill wrote:It would be cool to see that scene as well as the cut scenes of Louis in the fire house. We can only hope if and when the blu ray is released they will be included
Yeah and maybe they will be smart and put it on DVD's too. Tiered of companies only putting features on BluRay.
They aren't going to release new DVDs.
By dmolson89
Mr. D. wrote:
dmolson89 wrote:ive also noticed if you read the GB2 storybook with all the photo's in it they left the scene in the book....

OMG. I have that book but never read it till you mentioned that.

yeah i was looking at the post of the book that AJ posted and i noticed it was in there.... rather detailed too
By dmolson89
i think its lame that they went to the extent of ruining the front end of the ecto1a to not use the scene what a waste!!! id drive it!
By c05ta
I think that the scene may have been cut because it makes Vigo's desire to posses Oscar kind of pointless. If he already had such a good hold on Ray then why go through so much trouble for Oscar?

Don't get me wrong I would LOVE to see this as a feature in the Blu-ray. But that may have been the reason to leave it on the cutting room floor.
However if they had left it in as an attempt to get rid of the GBs ut would have made Vigo seem more powerful (which IMO he seemed kind of week).

Sent from my DROIDX using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
By cowbybill
Boomerjinks wrote:Here's the aftermath of the tree scene...
Can I ask a Stupid question? is this the Ecto that was restored in the Blu ray documentary or was this one repaired and used for the rest of the film.
or is it one and same?
Thanks!
By drjameshouse
So did the ecto actually have damage done to it for that scene? To me that picture just looks like it has been neglected for many many years, not like it ran into a tree. I had always assumed they never actually wrapped it around a tree or caused damage to it, but the way people are talking I am questioning that now...
By Boomerjinks
drjameshouse wrote:
So did the ecto actually have damage done to it for that scene? To me that picture just looks like it has been neglected for many many years, not like it ran into a tree. I had always assumed they never actually wrapped it around a tree or caused damage to it, but the way people are talking I am questioning that now...
It was a joke.

The 1A was on display at Universal in Florida when someone ran a car into it.
By mrmichaelt
Okay, let's try this again. My post got moved away with the DVDvBlu-Ray discussion (so if a Mod could delete that post, I'd appreciate it).
dmolson89 wrote:did they actually shoot the scene?
Yes they did. We've seen footage filmed for it recycled in the montage, bits in the Coca Cola commercial, and 14 seconds of the start of the scene as it was filmed.

Paul has a great breakdown on his site Spook Central where he has the script of the scene and grabs of the footage recycled for the footage, and the 14 second clip. Here: Ghostbusters II, Deleted Scenes, Possessed Ray Driving

Back in 2009, a user on YouTube posted a spliced together clip of the scene using the montage parts, the Coke commercial, the 14 second clip, and the NOW! comics adaptation. Here: Possessed Ray Driving Composite (starts at 0:36 mark)

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/37016683[…]

Between the terror dogs in GB1 and the Boogieman i[…]

Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with disas[…]

The opening post contain a lot information. Quic[…]