Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
Not sure if this has ever been put up before. I found this at a used bookstore the other day. I saw it on ebay yesterday and decided I would try to find it on my own luckily I didn't have to look too long. The author took the movie alittle too serious and keeps bringing up the lack of scientific explanation for everything and the improbablility of it all. I'd love to track this guy down and give him a few words. The article does have a good pic of the foam stunt packs with the n-filter crashing into the bumper as the stunt guy goes down the hole.

Is this guy kidding himself? To say I want to strangle him for being a complete moron is an incredible understatement. Hopefully he's still alive, or lived long enough after the fact, to realize just how much of a deusch he is. He could beg forgiveness for an enternity and not satisfy me!
Hahahaha. thanks for posting this man!!!! This guy probably would have killed GBs if he was the director or the writer of the movie. Its tipical of this critics. He probably was a film student reject , or a wanna be filmmaker with no talent or common sence...

Sal
Thanks for posting! That is a great shot of the N-Filter and bumper... Funny how the only shot in the article of the guys in full gear, really isn't the guys at all. :lol:
Quendor wrote: Hopefully he's still alive, or lived long enough after the fact, to realize just how much of a deusch he is...

Unfortunetly, an actual deusch connot possibly live long enough to understand or realize the true reality of his own existence. :lol:
Seeing this makes me want to ask three questions...

1) What did the cover of this issue look like?
2) What else was in this issue... c'mon I'm curious!
3) In all these years and so many fans... has anybody ever figured out what book that librarian ghost is reading?!

Oh, and thanks a million for that!!!! Even if we all want to egg this guy's house it's cool to read something like that after that many years.
I read most of it and can't find myself all that surprised. He's obviously made up his mind on the matter, and boy is he both wrong but setting himself to be really on his own back then. :)

Keep in mind that it seems every generation has this one person who badly misses the mark (and in this case, the point), like for instance; the President of AT&T saying there'd be no need for personal computers in the home (if I recall correctly).
prototype7 wrote: Seeing this makes me want to ask three questions...

1) What did the cover of this issue look like?
2) What else was in this issue... c'mon I'm curious!
3) In all these years and so many fans... has anybody ever figured out what book that librarian ghost is reading?!

Oh, and thanks a million for that!!!! Even if we all want to egg this guy's house it's cool to read something like that after that many years.

Starlog #87 (10/1984)

Starlog #88 (11/1984)

Brock
phantom50
I agree with two points.
A. He went into this movie thinking it was already overrated, SO!
B. He wanted to stand out by writing a crappy review of it.
So he might have gotten his jabs in, and if he can't enjoy a good movie, then damn, it's his loss. I wouldn't go as far as to say that I want to strangle the loser, or egg his house (That'd be a waste of good eggs...) But all in all he's entitled to his opinion, and we can't really be mad at him for that, can we? Like I said, I see it as his loss...
JC
I'm not saying he can't be entitled to his own opinion, I'm saying I hate him for it. To me, it's the equivalent of pissing on everything I'm fond of from my childhood. I have a lot of good memories from back then...and pretty much everything revolved around ghostbusters for awhile, so it all feel interconnected to me. I can't watch the movie without feeling as if I'm still 5 years old. I know I'm overly sentimental about all sorts of things, but I take it as a kind of personal insult as well (which it is in a broad sense, as he attacks everyone who enjoys it).
I've had this magazine for awhile and the review is THE meanest review ever for Ghostbusters.

I was working to include it in the PC digest, but now those without a copy can see it much sooner.

Read the Last Starfighter review for a much better, smarter review by a (far more famous) sci-fi writer. I which he'd reviewed Ghostbusters.
Most of the other reviews were positive save the review for Brainstorm and Raiders of the Lost Ark. One of the better shorter reviews was for Buckaroo Banzai. At the end of the magazine it had another article on Banzai and the hopes of a long run of sequels. What might have been indeed.

Yep, and nightmare on elm street dream warriors.

You can see our Paranormal Boots in action here: […]

Ghostheads

Ghostheads is SO bad. So cringe. Not even in a g[…]

The opening post contain a lot information. Quick […]