Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
This past Saturday the Indiana Ghostbusters hit Horror Hound Weekend, a convention being put on by Horror Hound magazine at the Marriott convention center in Indianapolis. A good time was had by all and we had a chance to meet several icons from our youth including Tom Savini, P.J. Soles, and Indianapolis horror legend Sammy Terry.

We also went through downtown Indianapolis just like we always do. More than a few people were surprised to see the Ghostbusters walking through Indy. All in all it was a pretty fun time.

We did get one interesting Ghostbusters related tidbit. P.J. Soles was on hand signing autographs, you might remember her from Halloween, but she also played the role of Bill Murray's MP girlfriend in the Murray/Ramis vehicle "Stripes." She told us that Harold Ramis was always a riot to be around on and off camera, but that Murray would go into sulks when the camera wasn't rolling.

An interesting but completely unverifiable costuming fact came from her boyfriend, who you can see in one of our pictures with P.J. He told us that he was working in the surplus store in New York that Aykroyd, Ramis, and Murray went to to get their original suits. According to him they just walked into the store and asked for flight suits, then ordered them out of a catalog.

"You guys flying?"

"Nope"

"Military movie?"

"Nope"

"Okay then!"

He says that the suits came directly off the shelf that day, and that there was no special ordering or anything. They were air force flight suits, but he couldn't remember the specifics. It may or may not be true, and he could have just told it for our benefit given our costumes, but it makes for a great story either way and one that I don't think has been mentioned before.

All of the pictures are now up on our site, so click over and have a look!

Our updated Celebrity Sightings page.

Photo gallery from Horror Hound Weekend

Hope you like the pics!

Hey guys I've been doing some updating and adding […]

Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dol[…]

To repost what I said in the other thread: I don'[…]

GBFANS Ghostlabs light kit

Hey everybody, this is my first post so let me kno[…]