Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
Ray getting possessed and crashing ECTO-1A definitely.

I can't remember if the final scene in the script, where they Ghostbusters talk about their ancestries, was even filmed, but if so, yeah.

There's too much stuff with Louis in the final cut of the movie as it is, as far as I'm concerned, so I'll probably skip those. Though I'll probably watch the Levy stuff, because Eugene Levy is awesome.
M.Thunder wrote:In a perfect world, there would be so many of them someone could put together a "Phantom Edit" style cut of GBII that could give us something closer to the movie they thought they were making, as opposed to the movie they ended up making.
I was thinking the exact same thing! In fact, I was thinking about what scenes I'd cut from the theatrical version to make room for scenes that got deleted. For instance, I'd cut the whole bedroom scene that comes after Venkman saying "I have all new cheap moves." Nothing that comes after it is funnier than the "cheap moves" line, and it doesn't really build any character relationships or progress the plot.

Also, I'd trim down the subway tunnel scene. I never liked when Ray and Egon are trying to creep Winston out over rats. That's twenty seconds of fairly lame gone if you cut after "at least it's too dark to see the cockroaches", then use the POV shot of the dark tunnel to bridge to Ray yelling "hello."

I'd love to hear other people's ideas as to edits too, so please share.
I don't know if i would cut anything,but i see where you're coming from.I just want that possessed Stantz scene so bad...i mean just that one part where he locks eyes with Vigo,what the hell did he see that had him so shocked,was he in his demon form? i've said it millions of times,why did they cut that scene :(

A pic of Stantz possessed as they are leaving the Museum

When Zeddemore said "hey,are you alright?" was he possessed from that point,and Vigo had him acting as if nothing was wrong?
Dougger liked this
John Stevens 87 wrote:I don't know if i would cut anything,but i see where you're coming from.I just want that possessed Stantz scene so bad...i mean just that one part where he locks eyes with Vigo,what the hell did he see that had him so shocked,was he in his demon form? i've said it millions of times,why did they cut that scene :(
Maybe we'll find out... a lot of shots were cut (or reshot) because they called for effects that ILM wasn't going to get finished on time, but there was also clearly someone with clout who was trying to get rid of every story beat that wasn't in the first movie.

Maybe it had to do with crashing the Ecto itself? They didn't want to shell out to convert a car they were just going to crash?
John Stevens 87 wrote:ImageWhen Zeddemore said "hey,are you alright?" was he possessed from that point,and Vigo had him acting as if nothing was wrong?
It's almost less a "possession" and more of a corruption. Ray is still Ray, he's just suddenly driven to destroy the same things he loves most. He himself doesn't notice anything's wrong until it's over.

It's creepy, and it probably needed to be in the film, and someone made a bad call and yeah.
John Stevens 87 liked this
Yeah, I'm stoked for all the possessed Ray stuff. I'm also dying to see all the cut scenes that took place in front of the slime covered museum. Sorry, but I prefer Venkman's delivery of "better late than never" (which you can see in the TV spots) over Cheech's. Plus, I want to see the confrontation with the mayor that ends with Hardemeyer getting sucked into the slime wall. As I'm sure all of us nerds know, in the trailer you can see the part where Ray delivers the "tenth level of hell" line.
I mostly wanna see the possessed Ray stuff, but obviously I want to see EVERYTHING. …I seriously can't get enough GB2.

Do I also remember hearing that they filmed more material for the "tripod trap" scene? If so, I'd love to see more of that. And the marathon ghost…..
ghoulishfright wrote:I mostly wanna see the possessed Ray stuff, but obviously I want to see EVERYTHING. …I seriously can't get enough GB2.

Do I also remember hearing that they filmed more material for the "tripod trap" scene? If so, I'd love to see more of that. And the marathon ghost…..
Yeah the ORREFORS GLASS STORE scene.

The Ectomobile is parked at the curb and a curious crowd looks on as the Ghostbusters enter the store.All the precious crystal is floating in the air,several feet above the glass shelves and display tables.Stantz and Venkman are talking to the manager while Winston and Spengler set up an array of electronic devices positioned in each corner of the store.

On a signal from Stantz, Spengler and Winston switch on the devices which throw laser-type beams around the perimeter of the store.The manager watches in horror as all the GLASSWARE suddenly drops out of the air,SMASHES through the GLASS SHELVES and SHATTERS on the display tables.There is a long pregnant pause....STANTZ (to the manager) So will that be cash or a check?

That scene sounds hilarious :D
ghoulishfright liked this
They've got to have enough footage to string together more of the Ray possessed driving scene.

You see Ray and Ego during the montage giving each other looks in the back of Ecto-1A as Ray drives erratically, and it's obviously spliced from that scene. Peter is wearing the same outfit he had on during the drop-in at the museum.

We also know that a crane shot of the Ecto-1A driving and a close-up of it as it goes out of control exist...

Last edited by Kingpin on June 12th, 2014, 5:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.Reason: Added Youtube code
The liberty island conversation and hopefully the scenes that were cut from the big final battle with Vigo. Ok, so the latter wasn't so much of a big scene cut but it was trimmed and does seem abrupt for it so it would be nice to get a little more to make it flow better.

...And how about some alternate takes? We all know that Bill Murray didn't stick to the script so some riffing on scenes would be nice; particularly the examining of Oscar scene- a scene that just doesn't sit well with me at all any more.

...and give them a bluray update and add them in like mentioned earlier in here for a "directors cut" No more of this grainy crap ala special edition gb dvd.
Another thing I would love to see is a full version of the "Who are you going to call?" commercial…..
John Stevens 87 wrote:STANTZ (to the manager) So will that be cash or a check?

That scene sounds hilarious :D
Hell yeah! That would be a great mini-scene.
ghoulishfright wrote:Another thing I would love to see is a full version of the "Who are you going to call?" commercial…..
I was just going to mention that!

Is it also such a big ask in a day and age where George Lucas can alter Star Wars so much that he ends up editing it too much that Ivan Reitman coukd possibly just CG out a few of the revealing aspects, like the pumps to the slime blowers? I can't imagine that it'd cost too much with it being such a small job with upto date tech. It not exactly adding a full desert scene ten years ago with microsoft paint!!
Dougger wrote:Yeah, I'm stoked for all the possessed Ray stuff. I'm also dying to see all the cut scenes that took place in front of the slime covered museum. Sorry, but I prefer Venkman's delivery of "better late than never" (which you can see in the TV spots) over Cheech's. Plus, I want to see the confrontation with the mayor that ends with Hardemeyer getting sucked into the slime wall. As I'm sure all of us nerds know, in the trailer you can see the part where Ray delivers the "tenth level of hell" line.
I'm also curious to these scenes in front of the museum. Love the "tenth level of hell" line. And the extended tv commercial.

Hoping they will also include Slimer's appearance in the end where he flies towards the screen like in the theatrical cut. Just nostalgic feelings. :-)

But I fear that like with Ghostbusters 1, they won't include all the deleted scenes on the upcoming release.

VENKMAN (checking his watch) You know he ran that last lap in under six minutes? STANTZ If he wasn't dead he'd be an Olympic prospect.

FIRE CAPTAIN (skeptical) Be my guest.We been cutting here for three hours.What the hell's going on? You know the Titanic arrived this morning? VENKMAN Well, better late than never.They trigger their throwers and spray the front doors of the building with bolts of proton energy, but it has no effect on the hardened slime.

VENKMAN (to the firemen) Okay,who knows "Cumbaya?" A few of the firemen and workmen tentatively raise their hands.Venkman grabs them and lines them up at the entrance of the museum.VENKMAN All right. Nice and sweet --(starts singing) Cumbaya, milord, cumbaya --Stantz, Spengler, Winston and the firemen sing along, reluctantly holding hands and swaying to the music.Stantz inspects the wall of slime with his infra-goggles and finds that they have only managed to open a hole the size of a dime.

STANTZ Forget it. The Vienna Boys Choir couldn't get through this stuff.

Another scene that sounds hilarious,cheesy but hilarious...that's what we love about them,their ability to make us laugh :)
ghoulishfright liked this
I would also like to see the deleted bits from Ray's Occult Books.

I always loved this first line of dialogue - it's such a geeky laundry list of arcane subjects. Total Aykroyd!
INT. RAY'S OCCULT BOOKS - CONTINUOUS

The shelves are jammed floor to ceiling with books on the paranormal.
Ray sits on a barstool behind the counter wearing an old cardigan
sweater over a T-shirt. He has on a pair of reading glasses and chews
on a battered, reeking pipe. As he talks on the phone he prepares a cup
of herb tea for Spengler who is thumbing through an arcane text.

STANTZ
(on the phone)
Yeah ... mmhmm ... What do you need? ... What
have I got? I've got alchemy, astrology,
apparitions, Bundu Magic Men, demon
intercession, U.F.O. abductions, psychic
surgery, stigmata, modern miracles, pixie
sightings, golden geese, geists, ghosts, I've
got it all -- what are you looking for? ...
Don't have any. Try the stockyards.

He hangs up.

SPENGLER
Who was that?

STANTZ
Some crank. Looking for goat hooves. Come
up with anything?
*NormalGamer* liked this
Maurice2029 wrote: But I fear that like with Ghostbusters 1, they won't include all the deleted scenes on the upcoming release.
I have a different attitude towards the GBI deleted scenes. Amusing as they are, it's usually pretty easy to see why they were cut from the film. They wouldn't have improved things if they'd been left in.

GBII seems like a different animal. I don't know about anyone else, but I'll be hoping against hope that something in this footage will fix some of the glaring plotholes in the film, like where Winston went during the trial, or what happened to the ECU. It's a lot to ask from just additional scenes, but...ya know, if Reitman were to pull a Lucas and recut the movie, I'd forgive it just this once. Especially since any effect shots could now be finished by just about anyone with access to Autodesk Maya and a copy of After Effects.
Here's a semi-in depth list of the deleted content (I've not bothered referencing cut lines and just concentrated on excised scenes):

* The Ghostbusters visit the old Firehouse (The damaged sign is seen, as is the ruins of the Containment Unit).
* The old damaged sign is removed from the Firehouse and replaced with the new "peace" logo.
* Ray nearly crashes Ecto-1A.
* Louis tries to trap Slimer, and then tries to blast him, leading to an alternate scene where Janine asks if she's interested in helping babysit Oscar.
* Alternate version of Ray, Egon and Winston approaching Venkman before finding the river of slime (unlike the scene in the final film, this one had the three of them appear at Venkman's door rather than outside his building).
* The guys briefly speak to the cops outside of the restaurant before they're taken to see the Mayor.
* Louis speaks to Sherman so he can get the guys out of Parkview.
* The Ghostbusters arrive at the museum and speak to the fire crews, before speaking to the Mayor after he arrives (this is the same sequence that sees Hardemeyer sucked into the slime wall).
* An alternate finale where instead of being possessed, Ray is held captive by Vigo before he's slimed.
* The Ghostbusters meet up with Louis and the Mayor on the steps of the Museum.
* The Ghostbusters receive the key to the city at Liberty Island.

We probably won't see the destroyed Firehouse stuff, or likely see Ray being held hostage... but I too would like to see the "crash" deleted scene, as well as the stuff with the Mayor at the museum... and even Louis's excised scenes.

Hopefully one of you chaps will upload them to Youtube. :)
I may have overlooked it, but I don't think anyone has mentioned seeing Slimer fly around the Statue of Liberty at the end.
M.Thunder wrote:
Maurice2029 wrote: But I fear that like with Ghostbusters 1, they won't include all the deleted scenes on the upcoming release.
I have a different attitude towards the GBI deleted scenes. Amusing as they are, it's usually pretty easy to see why they were cut from the film. They wouldn't have improved things if they'd been left in.

GBII seems like a different animal. I don't know about anyone else, but I'll be hoping against hope that something in this footage will fix some of the glaring plotholes in the film, like where Winston went during the trial, or what happened to the ECU. It's a lot to ask from just additional scenes, but...ya know, if Reitman were to pull a Lucas and recut the movie, I'd forgive it just this once. Especially since any effect shots could now be finished by just about anyone with access to Autodesk Maya and a copy of After Effects.
Perhaps, but I doubt you will get a completely different movie with the deleted scenes. It will be more like an extension to the story, instead of an alternate story. I doubt they filmed scenes from the original script with different plot. It will not be like Exorcist the Beginning and Exorcist Dominion, 2 complete different movies.
But I'm really longing to see the deleted scenes of GB2.

And for GB1, I'd would have liked to have them all included in 1 bluray set. Now there's some exclusive deleted scene on the laserdisc. Is it so hard to put that deleted scene on the bluray with the rest (and with all previous DVD releases)? Also for completist reasons and fan reasons.

About Winston suddenly gone at the trial, I'm also curious if they will have a scene to explain this.

Donkey8012 wrote:I may have overlooked it, but I don't think anyone has mentioned seeing Slimer fly around the Statue of Liberty at the end.
I did ;-)
Kingpin wrote: * The Ghostbusters visit the old Firehouse (The damaged sign is seen, as is the ruins of the Containment Unit).
Yeah, the firehouse basement stuff was cut from the script before filming began. Bummer... it would have been a cool scene.
Kingpin wrote: * Alternate version of Ray, Egon and Winston approaching Venkman before finding the river of slime (unlike the scene in the final film, this one had the three of them appear at Venkman's door rather than outside his building).
Yeah, I'm hoping for this one, too. Venkman had a hilarious line--- something about how he doesn't want to find Louis and Janine humping on the couch when they get back.

I'm REALLY hoping for the complete commercial and the finished Slimer shots.
M.Thunder wrote: Maybe it had to do with crashing the Ecto itself? They didn't want to shell out to convert a car they were just going to crash?
I think it was changed to the 1A ALMOST hitting a tree by the time cameras were rolling. The wreck was never shot.
I would definitely want to see Ray's possessed driving scene. It seems to be the most anticipated next to Louis' chasing Slimer scenes. Plus it would give more height to how Viggy was able to fully posses Ray at the end.

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]