Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By CaptCyan
grantofkings wrote:Based on the movie line, I'd expect new head sculpts and new proton packs on the existing bodies.
Hey GK!

I like your expectations, but if you look back at the whole line of Figures, you will see that there is only one head sculpt per 'Buster, save for Slimeblower Winston. As for a new Proton Pack for the figures, you might just get that, but it won't necessarily be a better Pack.

I won an Egon prototype from eBay and the Pack has the Ribbon Cable and Wires sculpted in instead of separate and glued on like the other Figures in the line.

By Kingpin
I'll be eagerly waiting to see what their Real Ghostbusters figures (assuming they're better than the retroaction range) end up being.

I was pretty happy with the movie figures, so unless they do something terrible (like reuse the movie Pack moulds) I can see myself buying them... hopefully they'll be good enough that there will be enough people to make the run happen.
zeta otaku liked this
By grantofkings
My only issue with it is that it's almost guaranteed to just do the four guys. No vintage or cartoon ghosts due to the unique sculpts. I'm lucky enough to have the NECA Gozer and Terror dogs, but I would rather them suck up the cost of finishing the movies before teasing me with RGB figures.
how can anyone be excited by this "news" knowing how many times Matty has bungled the GBs line?

I would wager we never even get to see prototypes before they throw up a subscription with a goal/deadline. Then it's "Oops. Sorry! Your fault again, fans!"

!@#$ Mattel.
By Rodimus
grantofkings wrote:My only issue with it is that it's almost guaranteed to just do the four guys. No vintage or cartoon ghosts due to the unique sculpts. I'm lucky enough to have the NECA Gozer and Terror dogs, but I would rather them suck up the cost of finishing the movies before teasing me with RGB figures.
I think they would be more inclined to do the ghosts. But I'll reserve judgement till I see some proto types.
By AKluthe
grantofkings wrote:My only issue with it is that it's almost guaranteed to just do the four guys. No vintage or cartoon ghosts due to the unique sculpts. I'm lucky enough to have the NECA Gozer and Terror dogs, but I would rather them suck up the cost of finishing the movies before teasing me with RGB figures.
Matty is all about recycling sculpts as much as possible. I remember when they got the Back tot he Future license then specifically explained they wouldn't do figures because they would require unique sculpts and there were no parts to reuse...
By Rodimus
AKluthe wrote:
Matty is all about recycling sculpts as much as possible. I remember when they got the Back tot he Future license then specifically explained they wouldn't do figures because they would require unique sculpts and there were no parts to reuse...
That doesn't explain they're heman line...
By AKluthe
Rodimus wrote: That doesn't explain they're heman line...
That actually perfectly explains the He-Man line. Lots of recycled parts in that line. Combined with the fact that diehard MOTU fans will buy just about anything Matty slops into it...they had a similar technique with the DC figures. You release a couple new molds, offset the expenses with figures made up of mostly old parts, then hope you can convince the fanbase to buy them in one lot (out of fear they'll miss preorders on the one or two figures they actually want to buy.)
By CaptCyan
And the He-Man line may be a precursor to what we can expect to get. Seems Mattel is really wound up on these things.

2014 Masters of the Universe® Minis
These little figures (with the collect and connect Minis Castle Grayskull®) have caused a big commotion. We’ll have lots of options for fans to fill out their collections:

http://news.mattycollector.com/blog/201 ... #more-4510

With little to no articulation, they can pop out 2 -3 characters and keep the cost down to $20 -$22 a set. Collect and Connect Firehouse!:roll:

I cut out the middleman and sprayed my pack and ba[…]

I'm hoping we'll see another set when the next F[…]

Hey, anyone else playing this game? I want to find[…]

GBFANS Ghostlabs light kit

When you say you only have the proton pack light k[…]