Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By CaptCyan
joeghostbuster wrote:... plus need to watch some painting tutorials because I cant keep shipping them to Capt every time I get a new one :)
I'm crushed...but good for you. ;D (smilies aren't working for some odd reason)
CaptCyan wrote:While I was looking through Reapers catalog for some more Ghosts for the boys to bust, I came along this Beastie. She reminded me of the Spider Witch Boss from the Video Game. Not an exact match, but close enough. This version is plastic rather than metal. I'll need to trim her "Elf Ears".

Haven't done much since the last Figure. To get back in the swing of things, thought I'd paint a dark figure to match my mood of late. Only modding I did was to trim Her ears. Here She is, the Spider Witch.

We find her on top of what will be my Plasticville version of "Spook Central". Looks like the Gang in Grey have shown up.

"You can't walk around town like that. Put on some shoes!..at least."

She seems to have taken a liking to Venkman.

This reminds me, I need to find a suitable Figure for the Rookie.
Smeghead liked this
By CaptCyan
joeghostbuster wrote:
CaptCyan wrote:I'm crushed...but good for you. ;D
hey if you really like doing it, i can keep sending them :) ...
At least send any new Paranormal Exterminators as I already have the "special" paints for their Boots, Gloves and Packs.
By CaptCyan
Speaking of new Paranormal Exterminators, here's Janey...or Janine.

And here she is with my custom "What The Samhain Just Happened?" version. I see I'm missing a Stripe on new Janie's Trap.

I also painted up 2 new Ghosts for them to bust. The first one looks like Casper's evil twin.

The 2nd is more along the lines of a Scooby Gang Ghost.

Yeah, the both Glow.

By CaptCyan
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Thanks for the huge Crunch!

Almost keeping with the topic, I purchased this on eBay...

...to go with these guys. Also "dirtied up" the Delorean with a Black Wash to bring out the details in the Motor and Wheels and better define the Panels.

The Truck is a closer match than I thought it would be.

By Smeghead
Oh man, if only I was this good at painting figs. Hats off, old bean!
By CaptCyan
joeghostbuster wrote:... plus need to watch some painting tutorials...
Smeghead wrote:Oh man, if only I was this good at painting figs...
What if I did a Tutorial on painting up the PE's? Joe, if you would be so kind, mail me your Janey/Janine and I'll use Her as the example.
joeghostbuster liked this
By Smeghead
CaptCyan wrote:What if I did a Tutorial on painting up the PE's?
Well, I sure won't stop you. ;)
By BigTime72
CaptCyan, you might have a cottage industry on your hands here...I'm seriously considering sending you a set to paint as well! :cool:
By joeghostbuster
Capt and I have a long collaborative history together. collaborative meaning I buy things then I commission him to either paint them, or completely transform them into something 10 times better. or occasionally build something from scratch. He does amazing work, and he's a helluva good guy and a good friend.
CaptCyan liked this
By CaptCyan
I agree!
joeghostbuster wrote:Capt and I have a long collaborative history together. collaborative meaning I buy things then I commission him to either paint them, or completely transform them into something 10 times better. or occasionally build something from scratch. He does amazing work, and he's a helluva good guy and a good friend.
For those who are new around here...this would be the "Mother of all Collaborations".

http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 90&t=21419 - "Rookie Figure Project"

Take a peek if you dare.
joeghostbuster liked this
By CaptCyan
joeghostbuster wrote:figures are boxed up and ready to ship out on monday :)
Groovy. Once the mailman drops them off I'll do the tutorial.

Meanwhile, in Hill Valley, I did some work on Doc Browns Truck. Added the right half of the broken Bumper and cut out the Door.

For those of you who think the truck is a tad too big...

...the Delorean would fit inside.
By Croker
Hello,

Been following this thread for a while and it's inspired me to have a go for myself. So thanks for posting all the pics and advice. It's all been very helpful.

Here's my first attempt at miniture painting. I'm quite pleased with the results.

CaptCyan liked this
By CaptCyan
Croker wrote:...Here's my first attempt at miniture painting. I'm quite pleased with the results.
Hey Croker!

You should be very pleased as they look wonderful. I have a few questions.

Got any more pics to show off what you did to their Packs?

What type of paint and colors did you use on your set?

I'd also be interested to hear a bit more about your Ecto as it doesn't look like any version I'm familiar with. I'm guessing it's a custom.
By Croker
Thanks very much.

Didn't go made with the packs. Wanted to keep it simple.

I used all the same paints you mentioned in an earlier post. I found a bloke on eBay who was selling 10ml sample pots of most of all the colours I needed. Saved me a small fortune not having to but it all new.

I did the Ecto a few years ago. This was before the Hallmark and Hot Wheels had been released and I wanted someone of that size.

It started off as a Corgi ambulance like below.( although in a rough, we'll play worn state)

I cut the roof box off and smoothed it off with car body filler.

Used this stuff and mobile phone part for the roof equipment.

I then nicked the blue lights off a toy police car, painted it white and made the water slide decals myself. The blue pipes were a cheap pair of earphones and the areal was just a piece of wire that I wrapped one end of around a nail to make the spring.

I should probably mention that one of my other hobbies is restoring and code3ing old corgi and dinky cars.

Sorry for hijacking your thread!
CaptCyan liked this
By CaptCyan
Croker wrote:...Sorry for hijacking your thread!
That's okay...it isn't my thread. I hijacked it from chibigear. Besides, a little hijacking keeps things interesting and we would not have seen your cool Ecto conversion if you didn't.

Do you work in other scales or just stick to 1/43 ( Corgi and Dinkie )? I only ask because of this:

http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 13&t=19007
By Croker
Mate, that's awesome. I've seen similar conversions done before but that's honestly by far the best.

Yeah, most of my collection are 1/43 or 1/36 scale. However the Kenner Ecto's been on my 'to do ' list for a while. Think it might have to move up that list a bit now.
By CaptCyan
Thanks! I think that others have done better, Spengler28 and Texasbuster's builds spring to mind. Like your Corgi mod, they tore off the existing roof and built from scratch. I try to keep as much of the existing toy and add on from there.

Can't wait to see what you do with one.
PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?

Also, sorry I can’t answer the question, but[…]

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]