Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
What quote (Of course not including on the website.) have you used that people found the most funny, or recognizable? Which one had the worst reaction? Let me tell you something about myself. I come home from school to my place, and all I have is my school (and my quotes). Everyday I quote them without even THINKING about it. is anyone else as crazy as I am?
I've done it too many times to recall, and usually without trying. Ghostbusters has become a muscle memory response for my brain over the years!
SPJ liked this
I already have several pairs in different shades :lol:
I thought you had a fascination with Spengler (hence the name)? Why the change?
My first wife once asked me a question during an... intimate moment, without realizing she was word-for-word quoting Gozer.

I did the Ray Stantz blink/shrug and admitted, "No", and she burst out laughing when she recognized what she'd said.

Killed the mood for a few minutes, but how could I pass a setup like that?

Alex
Grimmy GB, Spengler02, Heroic35 and 1 others liked this
Alex Newborn wrote:My first wife once asked me a question during an... intimate moment, without realizing she was word-for-word quoting Gozer.

I did the Ray Stantz blink/shrug and admitted, "No", and she burst out laughing when she recognized what she'd said.

Killed the mood for a few minutes, but how could I pass a setup like that?

Alex
:lol:
Every time someone asks "Where does this ______ go?" I reply, "They go up." . Yes, even if it doesn't.
Or when we were in Europe my mom was bugging me about the date we were coming back.
Mom:Why won't you tell me the date?!
Me:Mom, has it ever occured to you that we don,t have a date?
Mom:Is this true? Or just more games?
Me:Yes, it's true. We don't have the date.
After realizing this, it was too late to change it. I was so scared she'd notice and that she wouldn't take me seriously. However, luck was on my side that day and she didn't notice.
I just want to set this one thing strait : Spenglerism was NOT an actual religion; it was a fan club. We ended up getting 15 people. At some point someone pointed out that should get fezzes, but the ones in the Archie Mcphee catalog were too expensive, so that killed the fez idea.
Yup and nobody ever seems to get it. Even the most die hard of GB fans don't get it. Whenever somebody asks for something without saying please I quote Venkman vs Peck in the firehouse "No because you did not use the magic word!!"
Grimmy GB, SPJ liked this
My dad just said, "if the light is green the trap is clean."
And now my 8 yr old niece who only saw ghostbusters once just said, "the flowers are still standing!"
BEST. MOMENT. EVER. Now, even my mom is getting kind of annoyed at my obsession, but a few days ago, a piece of cake crumbled on the floor and by habit my mom said "Mass hysteria", and then I must of looked at her weird becuase then she said "Cats and dogs living together." and I couldn't help myself: "The dead rising from the grave!"

In science today, our teacher demonstrated how different elements reacted differently. When he lit the Magnesium on fire he said "Don't look directly at the light." and by habit, when he lit it on fire, I called out "I look at the light, Mr. Schmittdiel.". Sadly, only one person got it. Mr. Schmittdiel smiled.
I try to work as many quotes (not just from GB) as possible in to the Pathfinder game I'm playing. One that comes up quite often is,
"I love this plan, I'm excited to be a part of it!"

Our DM also loves qouting various films / sitcoms. He once made an NPC discribe a tavern wench as,
"OK, so she's a dog."
Hasbro Ghostbusters

Both would be out of scale (Mattel too small, DST […]

Oh, another thing - this was made mostly out of sc[…]

Beautiful!! I'm getting this even if finances don[…]

Super helpful thanks. I will read properly when […]