Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Making the rounds on FB today was this upcoming NECA figure of Ripley from ALIEN (middle).

At 7" tall, she'll be about a head taller than the Matty Venkman.

But look at this face.

Tell me that wouldn't totally work for "You are so odd."

So the problem will be finding a SIX-inch tall female body from some other toy line that will work for Dana from the neck down.

Here's what that outfit looks like from head to toe (sorry for the quality, it's grabbed from a deleted scene). Dig the possibly red shoes:

And a better quality shot from the finished film, though we don't see her entire frame.

Shoes also look red to me in this earlier scene, in which she is wearing the same costume. It's easier to see in motion than in a still. (The wrap is removed at the apartment right as Venkman says "What a crime.")

If I can make a decent Dana using this NECA Ripley head, I've got most of the parts lying around for this outfit for Venkman.

Therefore I put it to you guys... who can think of a six-inch female action figure with a somewhat similar sculpt to that outfit?

UPDATE 1

I didn't collect Star Trek figures by Playmates... how tall is this holodeck Beverly Crusher?

UPDATE 2

This listing describes her as 6" tall.

The legs are probably a good base, the arms might work alongside Matty articulation-- though I'd probably replace the hands with something more feminine.

But the blouse should be tucked instead of over the skirt, and the head appears to be one continuous sculpt with the torso, so the collar would have to be resculpted when it's removed.

Alex
Fortunately Dana likes to dress in layers, so if you had to modify a female figure with a more "heroic" build, it should be relatively easy to disguise. As for the Ripley body, instead of tossing it, you should mod it into a GB flight suit (like that photo-shopped pic that was floating around a few years ago) and keep her head removable.
Apologies to the MODs for the link in my previous post, it was the only online pic I could find at the moment. Here's a side by side with the same kind of Figures. All three of these are Fisher Price {Mattel} and the headless one on the right had a soft plastic head with rooted hair. The Figure I linked to before is Playskool and is also the same size as these.

This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Grrr. She would have been so easy to modify, too.

Here's a 6" tall figure that's actually by Mattel, but would require a lot more work.

Alex
Wrestling figures all seem to have boots on.

Does anyone know which wrestling diva is numbered 1 in this photo? Want to find some better pics of her.

#13 has some potential as well. Anyone know the name?

The first one in the middle row here might be almost perfect as a base figure for sculpting Dana over, but this seller doesn't have her available anymore.

Alex
@ d-Osborn No you are not the only one. In fact seeing Ripley with Slime Blower is a very good idea for a custom action figure as well.

@ Alex Newborn Best of luck to you in finding a base for custom. I too have been customizing action figures myself( mostly G.I. Joe but also some of the Mattel Ghostbusters as well.) and I know sometimes it is hard to find parts that match up for what you want to create.
Cosmic-Riptide wrote: The third one in the top row is the exact same figure as the one you're looking at (her clothes are removable).
Yep, well spotted.

She's a 2007 "Vickie Guerrero" figure... unfortunately, just like the NECA Ripley, she's 7" tall, so that doesn't help.

Alex
That head is going to look huge when you put it on a 6" figure. Keep it 7" scale, or do it properly and make a mold and use hydroshrink to shrink it down to 6". Either that, or have a bobblehead Dana.

Alternatively, make a 7" scale Dana using Ripley as a base and just wait for the 7" Diamond Select Ghostbusters to hit next fall.
Alex Newborn wrote:
Cosmic-Riptide wrote: The third one in the top row is the exact same figure as the one you're looking at (her clothes are removable).
Yep, well spotted.

She's a 2007 "Vickie Guerrero" figure... unfortunately, just like the NECA Ripley, she's 7" tall, so that doesn't help.

Alex
I haven't made a clothes comparison to Dana, and her articulation sucks, but the Molder and Scully figures from the X-Files movie are roughly to scale with the GBs. Scully is definitely shorter but not tiny.

I can measure my Scully figure when I get off work.
I stumbled upon this old thread while looking for something else entirely, but thought it was funny that I had finally found a body to use to put NECA Ripley's head onto.

Ironically, we were discussing finding a 6" body, but both Dana/Zuul and Ripley were 7" figures.

Any other good 7" figures out there for a non-Zuul figure of Dana? I bought the X-Files Scully by DST (to give her desk to Janine) but the figure itself is not a compatible scale with the DST GB figures.

Alex
Alex Newborn wrote:I stumbled upon this old thread while looking for something else entirely, but thought it was funny that I had finally found a body to use to put NECA Ripley's head onto.
It's interesting, when I was working at Titan they weren't allowed to use Weaver's likeness. It's good Neca was able to.
Maybe as she became more successful, she negotiated her contracts better with the various rights-holders. Maybe she has no say on the Alien franchise, but learned her lesson and worked in some clauses on later productions.

I still say the Ripley face looks amazing for "You are so odd" from GB1. I'd love to make her a body in that outfit.

Alex
    Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]