Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By stephens540
For some reason i had the myspace page on my friends and now its gone from myspace as far as i can see and the site itself is not loading into the site i saw when it first appear online...... dont know what is up but there is defiantely something going on. www.ectocon.org

it goes to a yahoo homepage but keep the same url..............

anybody see this too or am i just a lunatic
By Austin
I was about to post about this very thing.

Did the whole thing fail before it had even begun?
By Dan AKA
Someone once said that the internet has a short memory, and indeed it does. A few years back there was a big fund raising event comming up on Ladder 23 in L.A. and some key community heads put into motion a Ghostbusters Convention, the convention waned some and it was decided that it would just be a Ghostheads gathering. The name of this event was PKE something, all those who had clammored for this event dropped out, no one attended and the fund raising event from what I recall flopped.

I believe in the after math those who had tried very hard to put together this PKE Gathering seemed pretty tiffed at the failure and the idea of a Ghostbusters convention was canned. And to be honest a Ghostbusters convention is a terrible idea.

Stop before you try to flame me, but you have to look at it this way. GB dosn't have the following that franchises such as Star Wars, Star Trek or even Harry Potter have, there's just not a fan base to support such an event. The dealer room alone would be minute and boring. No, I think the best idea is to form a Ghostheads gathering within one of the major conventions, in which a main event is already there and you organize your smaller events within the con.

I suppose this is the best time to announce it as such. I'm looking for those who would be interested in creating a Ghostbusters Gathering within Dragon Con for 2009. Something I'd like to have within this gathering:

Dinner Outings.
Live Action Role Playing Game.
Raffle.
A fan table.

I'm open for more ideas, and encourage them. Feel free to go ahead and PM me if you have ideas. It's all still pre-production and conceptualization, but I'd like to get something together.
By Ectoman_913
Hi guys! I am working on setting up EctoCon If you remember a while back. I posted a thread http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... =26&t=5279 to take votes on whether people would be interested. It is going to debut in either the Nov show @ the Big Apple Convention in Manhatten or in June for the 25th anniversary. We are trying to get guests to come down to the event. I am currently writing the proposal to see if we are accepted for Big Apple Con to sponsor this con along with theirs.

Due to the fact of lack of info being recieved on Celebs willing to attend (trying to figure out contracts and stuff) The Webmaster took down the site. We don't want to promote something that we don't have a guarantee on yet. We set up the site so fans could vote on whether on not they would attend so we could add it to our numbers for the proposal.

We are still working hard and I know of a few Celebs that want to come to it. As soon as I get more info I'll Let you guys know.

Thanks Everyone!

And to respond to Dan AKA. I completely understand what you are getting at, That is why we are doing it in conjunction with the Big Apple Con. This way it will bring in fans to both fans that go to Big Apple Con will come in and see Ecto Con and vise versa. And if there is demand to get bigger then we will. :cool:
By stephens540
There is the information i was looking for. Thank you dan and ectoman. I just got kind of confused when i tried visiting and it wasnt there. I thought here was the best place to look for that answer. Thank you guys! Appreciate it!
By Troy
Dan AKA wrote:A few years back there was a big fund raising event comming up on Ladder 23 in L.A. and some key community heads put into motion a Ghostbusters Convention, the convention waned some and it was decided that it would just be a Ghostheads gathering.
Yeah, don't get me started on that. I'll eat up all AJ's bandwidth telling you how many hours I put into something that never happened for about a hundred reasons - the biggest of which being the demilitarized zone that surrounds the Ladder 23. Sean and I could give everyone an earful on what we tried to do and what a clusterfuck it ended up becoming... lack of fan response was a big part too (if I had a nickel for every email I got asking "Why can't you do it in Haynes, Alaska?" or some other random spot...)

Anyway. To the Ecto-Con guys - good luck. Hope you know what you're in for. Joss Whedon fans us Ghostheads are certainly not like.
By gjustis
I was involved in a minor fundraising effort for the LA house (up @ the Motor City Con in Novi), but it ended up only minimally successful.

Didn't help much that the guy taking care of ol' 23, whose name is eluding me at the moment, was about as aloof as a Lohan... :roll:
By Kingpin
gjustis wrote:I was involved in a minor fundraising effort for the LA house (up @ the Motor City Con in Novi), but it ended up only minimally successful.

Didn't help much that the guy taking care of ol' 23, whose name is eluding me at the moment, was about as aloof as a Lohan... :roll:
Daniel Taylor.

I suppose that goes some way to explaining why he's never emailed me back... I guess if it doesn't mean he might get money to fix the place up, he isn't interested. Too bad he isn't like James Croak, the guy's an established artist living in New York and a former LA23 resident, but had plenty of time to email me back with answers to many questions about the station.
    Hasbro Ghostbusters

Apparently there are rumours of another announce[…]

Doug Keithley/sponge face/Ghostlab42 made a excell[…]

Did it come out today? Ugh the art is so bad tho[…]