Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
Hey all-

I was wondering if there was anyone going to the SDCC this year that could do me a fantastic favor. I had every intention of going this year but simply can not make it. My girlfriend's dad works for an airline, so I had a cheap buddy pass set up and someone who works at the con who could get me in, however do to embezzlement issues the resturaunt I work for has gone out of business indefinantly and I am without a job...thus I can no longer afford to go.

For some time now I've been working on a fan film "Ghostbusters: Hellbent", pluggin it from forum to forum going from annoying ass kid with pipe dreams to indie film maker who is doing well....something. I had even wrote Dan Aykroyd when the film first kicked off production...I was young and I'm sure he didn't even get the letter, although his agent had suggested otherwise in the return letter. I was going to go this year and give Dan Aykroyd a copy of the finished film as well as have him sign a movie poster for our film. For me...this isn't happening. That and the film is not done, but we have put out a trailer.

There are a lot of people who are really not digging our film do to the quality and budget...we're no Hank Braxtan. However, I have been working on the film for years, it's been a big part of my life and means a lot to me.

If anyone going would be willing to just pass off a copy of the trailer and possibly get the poster signed for me I would be willing to pay somebody for the service and costs of the DVD and poster printing. I don't have a lot of money but I will give WHATEVER I can. This is a plea to my fellow ghostheads. It would mean more to me than I could even begin to explain here on a message board. Thank you.
I'm not gonna lie here...

I think passing off a fan film to Dan Aykroyd in the middle of a major press event is a pretty awful idea. I hate to be the guy that crushes your youthfully-innocent dreams, but c'mon...have a little perspective here.

I'd stick with getting a poster signed.
Yeah I second that.. dude, that's just a f****g awful idea. WTF. Why would you give that to Aykroyd? Do you think he'd even watch the damn thing? I mean come on.

Paying someone to embarrass themselves in front of one of the their childhood icons is just ridiculous.
clortho wrote:Yeah I second that.. dude, that's just a f****g awful idea. WTF. Why would you give that to Aykroyd? Do you think he'd even watch the damn thing? I mean come on.

Paying someone to embarrass themselves in front of one of the their childhood icons is just ridiculous.
Clortho - http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/tact

I think anything is worth a try. Those who risk nothing, gain nothing. It may seem a bit far fetched, but what is the worse thing that Aykoyd going to do?

I wish I could go to SDCC myself, because I would deliver it for you, but my time and budget problems also are getting in my way of going.
I can't believe you guys are being so harsh regarding this. What reason wouldn't he accept it. After all, Ernie Hudson didn't laugh in the faces of the guys from proptopia when they invited him down to the workshop. Maybe Dan wouldn't watch it, but I'm sure he'd appreciate the gesture.
who is going to SDCC this year? i would like to ask if i could ship my GB theater poster to you ( if you are going) and see if you gould get it signed for my by both Dan and Ernie?

I'll pay for it to be shipped back also.

Please PM me if you could do this for me, i'd really appreciate it!

Way Gnarly if any of you guys gould help in anyway!
    Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dol[…]

To repost what I said in the other thread: I don'[…]

GBFANS Ghostlabs light kit

Hey everybody, this is my first post so let me kno[…]

I've ordered one of these for a friend to use off […]