Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By Terrace
I came up with this today, and I want to know what you would do in this situation.

A kid tells the Make-A-Wish Foundation that he wants to be a Ghostbuster. The Foundation contacts you, being a notable Ghostbuster prop-maker, for help to craft the scenario to make the kid's wish come true.

Please, don't just regurgitate other people's answers. I want to know what each person here would do.
Well, I kind of think we'd all answer the same. We'd certainly do it if we could. We'd be more than happy to. If they asked me personally, though, I may have to suggest they try for somebody on this site as opposed to me. I've not yet had a chance to build my own proton pack, so I'd want the kid to get one from somebody who has done it and knows what they are doing.
We've been thinking about signing up with them just in case a child were to ever have that wish around here. It would be an honor to make it come true.

This story is a real inspiration:

http://www.wish.org/layout/set/viewlarg ... _superhero

It would be awesome to get alot of people involved to get a GB scenerio like that one set up. It would take alot of work to get a "bust" set up but it could happen. Going to a small child's b-day party that loved Ghostbusters was the closest we've come to anything like make-a-wish. A year later I'm told he still talks about it, especially when he watches the movies.

EDIT: Thanks for bringing this up. We've been meaning to get something going with them. I called our local branch a bit ago and explained what we're about so we'll see if they have any events we can attend. Besides the wish granting they have all kinds of events and fundraisers year round.
I'd do it. Get as many people to help out and everything.. i'd try to make it as special as possible for the kid. it would be a rewarding experience. or at least try and do as much as possible..
I'd contact other members and we'd donate a whole suit for the little fellow. Most likely try to get a downsized accurate pack and small suit. I'd also try to gather a bunch of ghostbusters in costume for the little one to have a good time.

One of the main reason I came to do costuming on a regular basis is the pleasure it brings to others. I've participated in some charities, publities, conventions, birthday parties... everytime, people are happy for a while, smile at us, talk, take pictures. Even when you meet the average teenager that pretends to not like you, deep inside he's looking at those movie-lookalike and have a blast.

It's been done around other fandom, beetle boy is an example, here's another make-a-wish helper: R2-KT
http://www.r2kt.com/
That R2-KT story is heartwarming abd heartbreaking at the same time...I can only hope that if something like that was presented to us...we, as a community, would rally together fast just like the droid builders did. Thank you very much for posting that Marsupial

Honestly, I don’t think there is damage from[…]

Greetings

http://i.imgur.com/1kB7fOZ.jpg

I love that people are still making these packs. I[…]

At the moment my interest would be what sorts fo[…]