Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By Coover5
I liked reading about everyone remmeber when they go their toys so here is a topic for geenric gb memeories. these can be about seeing hte movie for the first time playing with the toys etc here are a few of my memories
1) on 1995 christmas morning I got Ghostbusters on VHS i loved it.
2) When my bro. and i played Ghostbusters as kids when we would trap a ghost we would use a dresser as a the containment unit. we would stick the trap in a drawer and press the controls ("the controls" were actually a toy of a car dashboard) to empty the trap.
3) there are various memeories if simply playing witht he toys
4) oddly when it would come to christmas time for many years i would play with the ecto-1 infront of our fireplace and play with the venkman figure and a t-800 endoskeleton figure.
By Tralan
I don't recall the first time I saw the movie. I do remember being 5, though, and it came on ABC one night. My mom let me stay up and watch it. I don't recall how far I got in the movie, I just remember waking up for the 10:00 news and being dissapointed that I missed the Marshmallow Man. Earlier that day, my mom ordered the VHS through Columbia House for me. I wore that tape out.

My next big GB memory was 1989. I was 6, though I turned 7 that October. I was so excited to see Ghostbusters 2 I nearly pooped myself. My mom was sick of hearing about it. We lived in a tiny town then, with no theatre, so we had to make a special trip to another town. Well, one Friday after school, my mom picked me up with a surprise. We were going to visit my Grandma, and she was taking me to see Ghostbusters 2. I brought my Ray action figure to the theatre with me.

Then, in 1990 or 1991 (whenever TMNT came out) I got to sent to the principal's office because I told a kid "Ghostbusters are better. Turtles are for pussies." I guess the school had some rule or something about not liking ninja turtles... :P lol All my friends played Turtles on the playground. When they were announcing which turtle they were I'd say "Slimer!"

Then of course, there were the action figures. I played with them all the time. My mom went to a yard sale and got me a huge box of toys... He Man, GI Joe and whatever else I had for like $5 one time. All of the He Man figures suddenly became ghosts. Everyone else couldn't be incorporated into Ghostbusters continuity, therefore, they served no use to me and were discarded to the bottom of the toybox. I think some Turtles and whatever other weird looking figures I had also became generic ghosts.

My latest memory is last month. K-Mart has an awesome GB t shirt, but, oh my, it isn't any bigger than XL. I need at least a 3X. I was much upset. Ironic that the majority of americans are overweight, yet it's so hard to find fat people clothes anywhere. I just don't get it. Are you trying to make me feel bad and lose weight? The only thing that's making me consider it is a few GB and a few Hulk shirts, otherwise I'm a happy fat man.
By MrMartay
My First memory was when there was a few of us round at my cousins and we rented Ghostbusters and Swamp Thing.I was 4 years old

Swamp Thing was crap.

We put Ghostbusters on and the first memory was when another cousin of mine who was round, Jessica, ran out of the room screaming when Eleanor Twitty unleashed her inner monster ghost on Ray, Pete and Egon.

I begged my mum to buy it me the next day and watched it over and over.

I even remember going to the doctors and proudly showing him my video the day I got it.

I also remember me and my mate David getting the DJ to play Ghostbusters over and over at the Church Disco and we even did the moves they do walking down the street during the end credits of The Real Ghostbusters including the falling over in the slime with our legs in the air ha ha

I also used to be Stanz when we played Ghostbusters, but when me and my mate Roslyn played it she was Dana and I was Venkman.It was funny when she played a Terror hound and I'd pretend to shoot her with my Proton Pack.

I also had 2 Lunchboxes, loads of the toys, the Ghostbusters crisps, cereal, jelly sweets, the Slimer comic books, the soundtracks etc

The next big memory was being spooked by the part on the trailer for GB2 when the famous line "Looks like the Titanic just arrived" was spoken and it cut to the passengers walking off it, the lady's Fur Coat coming alive after stepping into the Mood Slime, and the huge ghost in the Archway.

My mum also bought me the "On Our Own" single on Cassette by Bobby Brown and I played it constantly.

Then I saw the film, I was 6 when it came out and loved it and me and a mate laughed at the "He-Man" part over and over.

I remember all the action figures I had, with my Venkman, Mr Stay Puft, Firehouse (with pot of Ectoplasm included), Ecto-1, Ghost Trap and Proton Pack all being my favourites.

My latest memory was marking out like a kid again when I read about the game on IGN.com, buying the Hoodie, all the merchandise and the 2 tshirts I got recently that I posted in another thread.
By Tralan
I forgot about my Halloween adventure. the last three years I was the Stay Puft Marshmallow man for Halloween. Some friends and I went to three bars and all three were doing karaoke. As soon as i walked in the DJ would cut off whoever was singing and start the GB theme. That was awesome. I almost got into a fist fight with a little kid because called me the Pillsbury Doughboy. I first corrected him that the Doughboy';s name was "Poppin Fresh" (Don't ask me how I know that tidbit of useless trivia... I just do... sadness), but then told him I was the Stay Puft Marshmallow man. this little 9 year old kid called me a loser so I called him a f** Jedi and he hit me with his plastic lightsaber... not matuer on my part, but the little bas***d started it.
By DanAmrich
Showing my age: I was 13 in 1984 and couldn't wait to see the movie. I knew it wasn't just me when I went to a Phillies game and, outside Veterans' Stadium, there were street vendors hawking bootleg GB logo gear. I hadn't seen the movie yet. Painters hats were in style at the time (don't ask me why) so my mom got me one. I wore it out.

I also remember hunting down 12" remixes of the theme song. I was at a fan convention for a specific band and here I was, rooting through the "misc" bins.
By CJay
I was probably about 6 or 7 when we went to Universal Studios Florida for like the third time. This is the one though that I have more vivid memories of, standing in the Times Square (I'm none too knowledgeable about what the different areas are called, so if this is something else, feel free to correct me) area waiting for the parade to start. The first thing I remember hearing was the Blues Brothers rolling down in that Chicago P.D. squad car of theirs.

Soon followed by the GBs in the ECTO-1. I later swore that day that I would own that car in my personal garage. Hah.

They stopped for pictures, and while there weren't too many kids tooling around besides me and my brother, I was nervous to meet them. My mom coaxed me into it and I was so happy to be meeting them. I used to have a picture taken from that moment, and as I look back at it, I realize that the actors at this time looked the part very well (well, the fellow who played Winston was more in line with RGB Winston, which was super-ok by my toddler mind).

Later on, we were exploring the backlots and came across the ECTO-1 again. This time, however, one of the actors had left the car unlocked. I nervously opened the door and took a chance to sit inside. I still remember how comfy it felt, even if I could barely reach the steering wheel, it just felt so right.

In hindsight, I was probably able to get away with this as a kid because USF's security was, and to this day remains, the poorest of all the parks.

Other GB memories:

My 1st grade Halloween parade I had two costumes: one as Mickey Mouse, the other as a GB with a proton pack I made from shoeboxes and an umbrella. The MM proved too hot with the mask I had to wear, so I asked my mom to bring the other one that I had wanted but couldn't because nobody at my school really liked GB.
By Fritz
DanAmrich wrote:Showing my age: I was 13 in 1984 and couldn't wait to see the movie..
Grife, you're the same age I am...:D

I didn't actually get to see it in the theatres. I didn't get to see it until the next year, when it showed up on HBO or Showtime. I enjoyed it a lot, but frankly I didn't become a true fanatic until the cartoon started, the action figures came out, and Mom got us the Ghostbusters RPG for Christmas in 1986.

I was right there on opening day for GB2 though. And went home nursing some disappointment afterwards, but that's a whole other topic...
By CJay
Fritz wrote:
DanAmrich wrote:Showing my age: I was 13 in 1984 and couldn't wait to see the movie..
Grife, you're the same age I am...:D

I didn't actually get to see it in the theatres. I didn't get to see it until the next year, when it showed up on HBO or Showtime. I enjoyed it a lot, but frankly I didn't become a true fanatic until the cartoon started, the action figures came out, and Mom got us the Ghostbusters RPG for Christmas in 1986.

I was right there on opening day for GB2 though. And went home nursing some disappointment afterwards, but that's a whole other topic...
And hence reveals which one he likes the most :cool:
By Hasford1978
My earliest memories were when i was about 7/8 years old & i think i first heard about GB1 through a school mate so after this i begged my Mum to hire the movie out of our local video shop for me to watch, i was hooked from the start, the characters, the story, the spooks, the equipment, the oh so damn cool Ecto-1, the theme song!
The Real ghostbusters came not long after but from when i saw the first movie i was hooked, RGB was the icing on the cake really

I remember my mate who was a massive GB fan as i was was kind enough to lend me his GB story book based on the first movie complete with photos, this was the first item i ever saw that was picture related to the movie ( never seen this actual book ever since, on Ebay or anywhere else), i didnt really wanna give it him back after a week with it in my hands i was tempted to ask if he was willing to swap it for something else but one morning when my Mum was walking me to school i somehow lost the book on the way!!!!! Heck knows how, even to this day its still a mystery how it was lost i was gutted, i had a lecture from my Mum about how i should take care of other peoples stuff!!
When i got to school obviously i had to tell him that i had lost it, he wasnt to pleased but we still stayed friends somehow but i felt so bad about that

For GB2 i was about 10/11 years old, i first saw the advertisement for the movie on the back of a comic i had ( think it was the Incrediable Hulk) & was straight away really pleased to hear about a second movie but was quite a few months after that that i saw the film as i had to wait until it was releashed on video but the wait was more than worth it as its one of the best films from my childhood :cool:
By R2DEVO
back when I was a tot, my pirate mom taped a TV broadcast onto VHS and I would watch that a lot. Bless her heart, she tried to edit out the commercials but one snuck in. It was a commercial for Marie Calendar's featuring a guy eating a slice of pie with Minnie Ripperton's "Loving You" playing in the background. You know that song, with those insanely high notes. Now, whenever I hear that song I think of Ghostbusters.

My mom also made me a ghost trap out of a cardboard box and I kept all my GB toys in there. So I guess she beat me to the prop building. More recently I conned her into sewing patches onto my uniform. She's pretty awesome.
By Hasford1978
Oh i forgt to mention that when i was a kid my Mum made me a Ghost trap out of a shoe box with string cellor taped to the back for the cable & the top of the shoe box was painted yellow & black for the stripes!
I thought it was the coolest GB thing ever haha, cheap & simple :cool:
By winston18
I remember when I was real little (4 or 5) my family went to the Statue of Liberty and I wore my proton pack, this was back when they let you go all the way up. It is a pretty cool memory. I don't remember the first time I saw the movie but I know that I got into Ghostbusters because my older brother liked it.
By Mjollnir
I don't know when i first saw the movies but I always remember watching them every Thanksgiving on TV at my uncle's house. Ah those were good times. I really dont remember the next one but my parent have a picture of me with a dude dressed up as Frosty the Snowman at a community event and I'm holding the RGB PKE. Must have been a good time.
By Ghost_fox85
i remember seeing it in a dollar theater, i think it might have been a re-release cus i was born in 1985 i DO remember seeing it on the bigscreen i dunno what year i must have been but a baby or least 2-3 years old! i remmeber seeing slimer,. he actually scared me he wasnt like his cartoon counterpart. i remember yelling 'marchmellow man!' and mom shhinging me cus i said it pretty loud.

*shurgs* i do remember the cartoon episode with the boggy man. it made an impact cus it scared the living crap out of me.
By JDub
I wasn't born when the first movie came out and only 2 for the second but I was a big fan of the cartoon. I don't really remember too much because I was so little but I remember I had tons of the action figures. My all time favorite toy when I was little was the Ecto-1, I think I went through at least 2 of them. I also had the firehouse. For my 5th (I think) birthday I had a Ghostbusters theme. Ghostbusters cake, Ghostbusters decorations, I even wore my Ghostbusters uniform the whole time, and got tons of Ghostbusters presents including a proton pack.
By SG1&AtlantisFan
I dont know when I first saw the movies... I was born in April of '85 though. I grew up watching sci-fi, horror and action movies almost litterally from birth. Guts, gore, explosions.... the Terminator, RoboCop and of course the Ghost Busters... I loved it all!

I had so many of the EGB toys and always watched the show.

The other night my fiance and I were watching GB1 and GB2 and I realized how much I really missed that part of my childhood. It was great. I found this site a few days ago, just after that memory trip and realized that I can still in a way relive thoes days. It will be a bit more pricey than childrens toys and I dont know a damn thing about role playing and conventions but Im ready to take a shot at it. I guess Ive always been a "geek" in my own ways. I really love Stargate, SG1 and SG Atlantis as well.... my fiance wants to watch them all the time now too. Any advice on being a grown up big kid in this expensive looking hobby would be great lol

EDIT (Just now!): OHHHH And I also remember having the soundtrack on... get this.., casset tape!!!
By SG1&AtlantisFan
Tralan wrote: this little 9 year old kid called me a loser so I called him a f** Jedi and he hit me with his plastic lightsaber... not matuer on my part, but the little bas***d started it.
I dont care if its immature, thats FREAKING HILLARIOUS!!!
    Greetings

http://i.imgur.com/1kB7fOZ.jpg

I love that people are still making these packs. I[…]

For the legacy shell, what aspects are damage that[…]

At the moment my interest would be what sorts fo[…]