Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By Mjollnir
Its only backwards for people living in North, Latin and South America. The logo being like that is regular for Europe, Australia, Asia and the UK.
By Mjollnir
Interesting. Maybe Ben would know about that. I'm sure what I said earlier is what he said in a similar thread on here or on GBN.
By RavenEffect
Mjollnir wrote:Its only backwards for people living in North, Latin and South America. The logo being like that is regular for Europe, Australia, Asia and the UK.
I always wondered why the heck they did that. It kind of drives me crazy because I hate seeing the symbol backwards since I am used to it the way we have it here in the states. The really weird thing is, it's in the entire movie the way we see it in the states. Did they actually go through and change that in the movies in other countries like the UK, or did UK Ghostbusters fans just have to scratch their noggins and wonder why the Hell the logo was one way on the posters, t-shirts, and everything, but another way in the movie?
By Dan AKA
"Creating an Icon"

Micheal Gross - the former art director of the "National Lampoon" - explains the origin of the logo:

Gross: The second most famous thing I've ever done - after the 'We'll Kill This Dog' cover - is the 'No Ghosts' logo used for GHOSTBUSTERS. Now I did not create the concept - Danny Aykroyd did - so I take care to say I designed it. In fact it was described in the script.

Q: This was the ghost behind the European 'No' sign?

Gross: Yes. I turned the signal the other way, because we didn't use that sign in America yet so it didn't look wrong. The initial concept has the word 'Ghostbusters' in the crossbar, but it tilted the way it actually is used - tilted down - it didn't read right, so I reversed it. Then we took the word out. In Europe, the logo's the other way around... it was vertically flopped, because they didn't think we should mess with their symbol.
-COMIC BOOK ARTIST, April 2003

From the Ghostbusters Movie Scrap Book that came with the DVD 2-pack.
    Greetings

http://i.imgur.com/1kB7fOZ.jpg

I love that people are still making these packs. I[…]

For the legacy shell, what aspects are damage that[…]

At the moment my interest would be what sorts fo[…]