Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
Well first I certainly don't know any other pretend ghost-chasers in town. At least in the form of a team. The Phoenix New Times is our local weekly magazine covering all the local and national hot topic political news as well as art and music scene info. Each year they compile their "Best Of Phoenix" list including hundreds of categories from Best Steak to Best Place To Fall Asleep After Partying All Night. You'll find alot of coffee houses and shops have their "Best Of" plaques displayed, most win many years in a row.

This year we got the surprise of being the Best Pretend Ghost-Chasers of Phoenix. We got on the list somehow but we're certainly honored. Several years ago the "best ghostbusters" award went to the Arizona Paranormal Society so they had to make a new category name for us. I don't we realized we were so super-freaky.

Best Pretend Ghost Chasers

Arizona Ghostbusters

http://www.arizonaghostbusters.com

If you'd ask us to compile our top 10 films of all time, without a doubt you'd find Ghostbusters ranking high on the list. We absolutely love the 1984 supernatural comedy. Love it to death. So much so that we've got the entire screenplay memorized by heart ("Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together . . . mass hysteria!") from endless replays of our VHS and DVD copies (the Blu-ray version is on pre-order). But as passionate as we are for the exploits of Dr. Peter Venkman and company, we nowhere near match the obsession of the members of the Arizona Ghostbusters.

Ten super-freak geeks make up the crew of faux phantom-chasers and have spent countless hours faithfully re-creating the costumes and equipment worn by the wisecracking paranormal investigators in the blockbuster film. (They even bought a 1972 Pontiac Bonneville ambulance to use as the Ectomobile.) Though they probably won't be chasing down the ghost of George W.P. Hunt or Winnie Ruth Judd anytime soon (their gear is just for show), the Arizona Ghostbusters have been a big hit at sci-fi conventions, comic book events, and charity events around the Valley. "Mother pus-bucket!"

The link to the actual page is here:
http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/bestof/2 ... rs-896592/
Last edited by jettajeffro on September 25th, 2008, 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
I missed the deadline for this years' Best of Fort Collins application back in February, which sucked because when I finally contacted the RMC about it, they freaked out and got all excited about our "raptor-awareness" programs. The issue had already gone to print, though.

WestWord, we've got our eye on you!
I had no idea we'd be in this issure or on the list till last week. They called and wanted to confirm what model of car we are using and if to call it an Ecto-1 or Ectomobile. They wouldn't tell us the category we made or even what they were writing about us. They just said to look for the next issue and that it was good. Pretty much everyone in the valley reads it so it's good free exposure we'll take.

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Good morning everyone! I have a local toy collect[…]